Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: The Walking Dead (the comic!)  (Read 969 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
The Walking Dead (the comic!)
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »

I wanted to start a thread for anyone else who has read The Walking Dead comics to discuss them!  So far Rose is the only one here who I know has... anyone else?  I'm about halfway through (I'm on Volume 9, I think), so kindly put a spoiler warning before mentioning anything later in the series.  Give me a couple more weeks, and I should be caught up!  I've been downloading a volume on my Kindle every other day or so all month (thankfully, I got a $100 Amazon gift card for Christmas!).

I wasn't sure if I would enjoy reading the comics or not because I have never read one before, but I'm kind of addicted!  I don't like them as much as the show because they lack the depth and emotional impact you get from watching real people act everything out with music and effects, but they are still entertaining, and my favorite part is that they are both similar and yet very different from the show!  My mind has been blown several times already, and I'm only just past the storylines from the show (for the most part).  Now that I'm into new territory, it's even more exciting to read and wonder what will make it onto the show.

It's also interesting to see how different some of the characters are in the comic.  I like Andrea in the comic a lot better than on the show, but Carol in the comic is a freaking weirdo, whereas I really like Carol on the show.  I have more to say, but I'll save the spoilers for later posts.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: The Walking Dead (the comic!)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:37:59 AM »

I have the first comic, but still haven't read it yet! I'll have to dig it out as I keep forgetting I have it.