Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: What's everyone reading?  (Read 13572 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
What's everyone reading?
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:45:51 AM »

What are you currently reading (non-fanfic) and is it something you'd recommend, or are you struggling to just get through it?

I'm currently reading Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.  I'm only on page 53 but am enjoying it so far, but think any zombie lover would enjoy it :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: What's everyone reading?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »

Just like everything else in my life currently, I am in a reading funk as well. There are a few books I want to read but haven't yet, like the new Mitch Albom book and am looking forward to the new books by Jodi Picoult and Dan Brown. I think Stephen King has a new one coming out soon as wel.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »

I wonder what Stephen King's new one will be like.  I still think 11.22.63 is one of the best, if not the best book I've ever read!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:30:49 PM »

I agree! It's definitely my favorite book by him!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »

I am currently reading Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison... it's the 5th in the series ..it's a YA series.  I like the plots and they are exciting to read, at least for me :p

Also, I am reading Nowhere to Run which is alright so far but I'm only 1/4 of the way through.

I have started Guilty Wives as well, by Patterson, and I'm not too far into it because it's a different style I'm having a hard time getting into it so it might be on my "not finished" list. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »

I've been reading The Walking Dead comics.  Almost caught up with those.  When I finish, I have a few children's books I bought for my classroom library and want to read before I take to school, and I also have a Mary Higgins Clark novel that I got for Christmas from my Secret Santa that I should check out.  They're all just piled up waiting for me; I've been reading these comics for weeks!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »

Way behind but i started to read The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings. I am enjoying it a lot.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:51:41 AM »

I have 3 Mary Higgins Clark books on my nightstand to red.  I went overboard on my reservations at the library and the holds came in faster than I expected.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

Not read any of those books Lore, are they any good?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:37 PM »

I loved the FableHaven series, YA fantasy that takes place in the modern world.  Loved it! 

I am still reading Nowhere to Run, my kindle books tend to not get read unless I'm at work.  I am 100 pages into Guilty Wives.  It is alright but I am still not sure.  The next section is about the trial and I don't want to read all of that I want to get to the part where the main woman gets redeemed and the bad guy gets the shit kicked out of him! LOL

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »

I'm now reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, I've read quite a few of his books and love them.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »

I really need to read a book or write or both. All I've been doing in my spare time is watching things on Netflix and playing Angry Birds Star Wars edition. My brain is slowing down to drool stage! lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »

LOL I've also been watching far too much TV (Merlin).  I'm crap at Angry Birds though, can only manage a few levels and then can't get any further.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »

I tend to get easily bored with it but I love this new Star Wars one lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »

I've got the Star Wars one on my tablet, I'm just useless at games though, lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13