Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: What's everyone reading?  (Read 13208 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: What's everyone reading?
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2021, 04:33:30 PM »

Oh my!  That sounds right up my alley LOL.  I'll have to check that one out!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2021, 08:30:57 PM »

I started reading "The Last House on Needless Street" at your recommendation, Mare, and it's really good so far! I'm just over halfway through it. It is definitely giving me Tim vibes! Between that and the fact that part of it is told from the cat's POV, I can see why you liked it so much!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »

Keep reading. It gets crazier lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »

I forgot to share that I finally finished The Walking Dead comics a couple weeks ago!  I've been reading them off and on since about 2012.  193 issues!  Impressive, considering I had never read a comic book before.  I definitely prefer traditional novels, and I love the TV show more, but I really did enjoy the comics, too.  I even shed a few tears at the end.  With the show ending this year, it feels like the end of an era.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2022, 12:26:53 PM »

Keep reading. It gets crazier lol

You were right!  Wow! LOL  I finished it last night.  Not what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2022, 01:21:31 AM »

Yay! Glad you liked it. When I come across another great read I think you guys might enjoy, I’ll let you know!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2022, 02:16:19 PM »

I should have posted this sooner but I think you guys would like The Final Girls Support Group.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2022, 04:53:29 PM »

I remembered it last night when I was watching Scream on TV and downloaded a sample!  Sounds like my kind of book.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2022, 05:34:10 PM »

It was really enjoyable and one of the girls was the scream girl lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2022, 11:19:46 AM »

I finished the sample last night and enjoyed it so far.  I love that the girls are named after the actresses who played final girls.  Such a clever idea for a novel!  It would make a good TV show too.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2022, 08:32:21 PM »

I didn’t even realize that lol cool! Ironically, I’ve never watched any of those movies because of all the gore. I just recognized the plot lines. It would make a great series.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2022, 09:01:11 PM »

Yeah! I noticed it right away when it introduced Adrienne and mentioned the camp because I remembered the final girl in Friday the 13th was played by Adrienne King.  So then I started trying to connect the other names. Heather is for Heather Langenkamp (Nightmare on Elm Street). Marilyn is for Marilyn Burns (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I couldn't figure out Julia until it said her last name is Campbell, like Neve Campbell (Scream). Dani seems to be based on Jamie Lee Curtis (Laurie in Halloween) based on the clues I've read so far (a reference to Halloween and her having a gray buzz cut), but I'm not sure where her name comes from. I'm not sure about Lynette yet.

Fun fact I learned last fall:  The original "Halloween" has no blood.  I never realized that until I watched the Halloween episode of "The Movies That Made Us" on Netflix.  You see the knife, but never any actual blood or gore.  It's kind of like Jaws in that way; it leaves a lot to your imagination, which may make it even scarier in some ways.  So if you want to watch a slasher movie without the gore, that would be the one to watch.  The others are all very bloody LOL.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:04:42 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2022, 09:11:56 PM »

Interesting! I wonder if those people know they have characters named after them lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2022, 10:05:14 PM »

Apparently the audiobook is read by Adrienne King!  So at least she knows LOL.  I bet they would think it was cool.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2022, 02:58:13 AM »

I wonder if he decided to not use Jamie because of how super famous she is? Or maybe he asked them all for permission and she said no? it’s sad how much I’ve been thinking about that since you told me that. Lol
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13