Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Important note re: service interruptions  (Read 15033 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Important note re: service interruptions
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, Absolute Chaos has been experiencing random service interruptions. This issue has been ongoing for almost a year, affects members at random and goes from being hardly an issue at all to becoming an all out blackout of the site.

It's frustrating. We know. We're frustrated, too.

Our frustration stems from the fact that we're not able to do anything to help you during these unfortunate situations. As I have addressed in the past, part of the issue stems from the fact that Mare and I are simply the moderators here at AC - we don't own the site, we are not responsible for the hosting or the selection of said host.

The issues we've been having have been directly related to the server the site is hosted on and unfortunately we're not able to make any changes on our end that would solve these problems. So we just have to apologize a million times over and hope that we are able to help you all in whatever way possible to get around it.

Be sure to let us know via twitter @ACFicTalk or here on the boards (if you can get on) if you need assistance with posting or anything else. Sometimes the fix is as simple as uploading a .txt file instead of pasting directly into the TinyMCE editor, other times we may have to post a chapter for you. We're happy to do it though since there's not much else we can do.

Thanks for your patience, be sure to let others know about this post so that everyone is on the same page and we'll hopefully be able to keep the panic to a minimum. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:11:56 AM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Important note re: service interruptions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 02:14:11 AM »

Thanks for the info and for all the hard work you two put into moderating the site!  Personally, I haven't had any major problems with it lately, the usual glitches aside, but I also haven't been on it a whole lot; I'm sure it's frustrating for people who are trying to read or post often.  At least the service interruptions seem to have been short, unlike that summer when it was down for days.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling