Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here!  (Read 5903 times)

WolfDreamer

• Fluffy Bunny
Hi, I'm new here!
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »

Just wanted to come in and introduce myself.  I just joined today, my name is Shari and I'm from Texas.

I've been a BSB fan since 2000, started writing fan fic in 2001, although just for my friends to read.  I've never posted any of my stories online for anyone to read.  Hope y'all will be gentle with the reviews!  LOL  I write under the Wolf Dreamer pen name, and posted a story to share today. 

I started by writing visuals while in an online chat room, and my friends encouraged me to start writing longer pieces.  It all began with a very vivid dream I had about Howie turning into a wolf (hence my pen name), which I felt compelled to turn into a fan fic.  Since then I've written about 20 pieces, including a four part series.  I am a Howie girl, that's who I usually write about, and they are mostly romance / drama.  I started writing seriously when I became very ill, back in 2001, and I discovered that I could forget about being sick while I was writing.  I could become someone else for a while.  Over a six month period I wrote over 400 pages. 

When my two girls got to be teens, I didn't have much time to write anymore - but seeing as I'm an empty nester now I have lots more free time.  I have my own jewelry business, which keeps me busy, but the writing keeps me sane.  I'm looking forward to reading more stories on here, and sharing more of my own.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Hi, I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »

Welcome to AC and the forum, Shari! Another new Texas girl! Awesome!

I'm not from Texas, I'm in Pennsylvania but it seems we have had a few new Texans join recently! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:09 PM »

Welcome, Shari!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 03:46:30 AM »

Welcome Shari :)

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »

Hi Shari!

usako

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:12:41 AM »

Welcome! ^__^

SpursLover53

• Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »

Hey fellow Texan! Hooray! haha  8-)

Welcome to the board. It's cool to have a Howie girl aboard. I will be sure to read your story this week-end (I think Sunday) and leave a review for you on AC.

I love when something like writing can get your mind off of the harder times! ♥

A Jewelry business? I use to sell jewelry, loved being the model and wearing all of the pretty rings, bracelets and necklaces for all my bread and butter... I mean customers. :)

Enjoy yourself on ze board!  :-*

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:14:31 AM »

Hi! Welcome :)

WolfDreamer

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes!  I really like having a place to post my stories and get some feedback.  My close friends were the only ones who read them before, and they're a little biased!   :D

I've posted one story so far and have about half of another one posted.  I'll finish uploading it over the next week or so.