Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Facing the Music (Nick's book)  (Read 5090 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Facing the Music (Nick's book)
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »

Amazon is a really reliable website.  I order from them all the time and have never had a problem.

I concur! You can likely buy an eBook also so you don't have to worry about shipping charges, etc.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 08:01:28 AM »

I always use Amazon, never had a problem! £60 for a book is ridiculous though Ritz!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

It's been a few days since I have read this book but because of mass this morning I was able to read the chapter about House of Carters. I thought it was pretty interesting that he perceives himself as a control freak. For some reason I never really pictured him like that. I'm also kind of surprised that he is trying this whole reality thing again with Lauren after seeing how horrible his experience was with his siblings. I know it was a different thing but still...he made me feel like maybe he's taking a step in the wrong direction with this one. Hope not though!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 06:19:54 AM »

I'm not sure about this new reality show either, but I think what will make it different is the fact that he and Lauren seem to have a healthy, functional relationship.  It won't be a bunch of drunken arguing like House of Carters was.  I'm sure it will show him in a much better light.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2013, 07:07:11 AM »

Yeah I'm iffy on this show too. Hoping for the best but will give the Blame crown back to Nick if it becomes a wreck.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »

I not too sure about his new reality show either, but I'm sure I'll watch out of curiosity!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »

I'm definitely going to watch it as long as it ends up online. lol

Hopefully it'll end up being a good thing for him.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »

Oh yes, it's got to be online for me too! 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »

I read the heart chapter of Nick's book yesterday. It was very interesting. I wasn't surprised to hear he was a hypochondriac. I wish he would have talked about the guys and their thoughts on what he was going through. I'm sure it's not something he wants to talk about but it sure is something I'd love to know. lol

It's taking me a lot longer to get through this book than I thought it would. But I'm in my I have no attention span to read phase right not. I started The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult about a month ago and haven't gotten past chapter one. No idea what's wrong with me!

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »

I just read all your comments about Amazon, will try it one of these days, hopefullt before the year ends. Hope there wont be any problem with shipping address. I heard there are sites that requires a billing address in the states, but I'm sure Amazon is not one of those.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:35 PM »

I finally finished Nick's book and stupidly left it in the gym bathroom at school. Duh! Now I have to claim it lol is it wrong I'm embarrassed?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »

I got the book back yesterday lol No one opened the bag so I was safe.

I did enjoy it a lot. I feel ya, Nick.

backstreetsbabyg

• Fledgling
  • if you want to read my mind you have to ask Nick!!
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »

I loved the book. But it was way more repetitive than I thought it would be plus I thought that he would put more family/friends stories but it was a good book none the less
backstreet boys= the group of guys that have been through it all and are always there for you.... not that you ever want them to leave!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2014, 10:25:45 PM »

It was very repetitive!  I wish it had been more of a memoir and less of a self-help book, too.  My favorite parts were when he told personal stories.  I tweeted the other day, I'm finding it handy to have a book actually written by one of them to go back and look up stuff in when I'm writing fanfic, especially when I'm like, "Did that really happen, or was that just in another fanfic?"  Sometimes those lines blur! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]