Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Filiklepto's Updates: let's take a detour to Smut City  (Read 11238 times)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
Re: Filiklepto's Updates: On Nightingale Hill & On the Rails
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »

I agree, good to see you on a writing roll!  Loved the new chapter and hope you'll also get an update done for On Nightingale Hill soon :)

Oh I know, I know!  I feel bad for ignoring ONH, but just for you I will start the next chapter as soon as I wrap up the Chicago arc for On The Rails, which should happen in chapter 12.

The problem is, I have a nice pretty outline and lots of already written vignettes for OTR, which makes it easier for me to just let myself write.  But I don't have anything mapped out yet for On Nightingale Hill!  :-[  I think I'm going have to have to read some Gothic literature for inspiration, heh...

[Edited for a weird typo]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:36:02 PM by hachi08 »
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:55 AM »

Hey, guys!  Latest chapter of On The Rails is up~ So far this year I've successfully managed to update at least every two weeks (though I cut it close with this most recent update, haha). Enjoy the chapter; it's a long one! I'm going to focus on writing the next chapter of On Nightingale Hill now, so don't expect an OTR update for a little while.

Oh, and please review! I don't usually beg for reviews, but I've been planning this Chicago arc for AGES, and now that it's all wrapped up I really want to know what you guys think~ Thanks!
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

I should mention in here that while I've been procrastinatin g about updating On Nightingale Hill, I did crank out a short story this week for Nick's 31st bday!

"In Which the Heroine Vows Never to Throw Anyone a Surprise Party Ever Again..." http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10460

It felt nice to be able to tick the "complete" box on the fic info page for once. :D
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »

Hey, kids, it's here! What's you've all been waiting for (for two years OMG...) Chapter 15 of On Nightingale Hill is up for your reading pleasure! http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8279&chapter=18

Oh, and in case you missed it, I did Mare's February challenge Win A Date with Brian. You can read it here: "Dear Brian" http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10470
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:28:57 PM by hachi08 »
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »

Chapter 13 for On the Rails is up: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9453&chapter=13

I've actually been sitting on this one for a while. I've got a few chapters already written out, but I've been really busy and needed the time to go back and revise them. Thanks for waiting!

I'll try to update On Nightingale Hill next~
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:35 AM »

Hey, guys. While this is probably TMI, I feel like I should explain my huge almost-two-year absence from writing, which happened right after a burst of inspiration and updating.

At the time of my last update (April 2011), I was in an awful relationship and we happened to live together--which by the way is a horrible idea and you should never move in with a boyfriend, guys, just take my word for it. Anyhow, one month later we broke up, and it caused a lot of changes in my life. I moved to a new city, and very quickly ended up in a relationship with one of my friends whom I'd had a huge thing for, for years. For a while I was too happy to even sit at my computer long enough to pen an update, besides which he and I were always together, so I never had a lot of free time to myself. It was one of those situations where you think you've met The One, so of course I was pretty devastated when it didn't work out. I was so depressed that I didn't even want to go on the BSB Cruise! I did, of course, but I cried during the concert when they performed Siberia.

It took a long time to get over. I ended up moving to Tokyo, and finally moved on with my life. This December, I happened to glance at The Felix Awards and I was so shocked to see my fics nominated for an award. I couldn't believe there were readers out there who still found my stories worth nominating, even though I had so badly neglected them.

To whomever it was, thank you. I cracked open Microsoft Word and wrote my first update in almost two years. While I've promised for ages to be a more active updater, my procrastinator spirit was always too strong. But this year, I'm going to do whatever it takes to finish On Nightingale Hill. and then we'll see about On The Rails. If you've actually read this post to the end, here's the link to the latest update of ONH: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8279&chapter=19
my muse is such a lush

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »

Aw sorry to hear you've had a rough time, I know exactly how it is to break up with someone as I split with my husband in 2011 (wow, time flies!)

I'm probably one of the people who nominated you as I love On Nightingale Hill and have been patiently waiting for an update.  I was so happy to see a new chapter :)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »

Thanks, Steph, and likewise. I honestly have a hard time believing that love exists anymore outside of stories! >< And, yeah, time really flies.

For you and all the other incredibly patient readers, I managed to finish Chapter 17: The Chase http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8279&chapter=20

I think I'm going to try to update a chapter of On The Rails next, but the next few chapters of ONH are pretty much already written. They just need some fine-tweaking.
my muse is such a lush

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »

Yes, I agree about love not existing in real life.  Or at least it doesn't exist for me! 

Oooh, I'll go and read that now :)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

So, it's not that I haven't been writing lately, it's just that I haven't been writing for AC... :x

Sorry to let another few months slip by without any updates. Yeah, I took a new job last spring as a writer/editor, and now I think I have Microsoft Word fatigue from work or something haha. Anyway, this probably wasn't the best idea, but I got a new idea for a fic and managed to crank out the first chapter pretty effortlessly in one sitting. Chick lit really isn't my preferred drama, but it's so easy to write xD

I really do want to finish this one, though, so please feel free to harass me on twitter for updates.

Without further ado, here is Even if the sky is falling down... (because "Baby, are you down, down, down, down, down" sounded like a really stupid title for a story):
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11196&warning=5
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:30:42 PM by Chrissy »
my muse is such a lush
Pages: 1 [2]