Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Part two of the 2014 reading challenge! Picking what you'd like to read!  (Read 12452 times)

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it

Name- carterkid

Story #1- The importance of fly fishing by mare

Story #2- jizzle of oz by delphinacarter

I have not read either of these stories [only the first chapter or so of jizzle of oz]

I have read stuff by these authors before

I don't have a twitter username

I would have answered this thing sooner but I'm having trouble with my internet so I don't know when it will work and when it won't.  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:59:45 PM by carterkid »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Now that most of you have picked your stories, feel free to start reading them. Emily is not by a computer but will be participating and once she picks her two stories, I'll go ahead and pick my last one. I don't think Shania is going to participate but other than that I think you guys are all set, so let me explain what happens just in case you want to get started early.

On June 1st I'll be making another thread which we will use for the remainder of the challenge. Once a week I'll be jumping in there just to see how everyone is doing with the reading. I do like people to go in and comment on things they have read and ask questions to the authors when you feel you need to. You should be leaving feedback on every single chapter this year. I changed this rule from last year, but otherwise the same rules apply as before.

Authors SHOULD be responding to your reviews as well. That's where you'll have most of your dialogue with your writers. Any specific questions about plot points you have etc... should be done in there as not to give too much away in the challenge thread, but I'll also post general topic questions for us to answer.

There will also be three different surveys that need to be filled out during the course of this challenge for each story you read.

The halfway there survey (when you're at the halfway point of the story you're reading)
The final survey (when you are done)
The writer's survey (about your experience with the person reading your story)

Try to pace yourself accordingly. You have plenty of time to read these stories, so don't binge read them both in two days time! LOL

Have fun! And if you have any questions for me about this, post them here! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

emilo

• Captain of Commotion

Name: Emily

First story you are choosing to read? Save a Prayer by Carter_Orange

Second story you are choosing to read? Switch by carterkid

Have you read either of these stories before? No.  I read the first chapter of Save a Prayer and was intrigued, but my ADD got the best of me and I never got back to it.

Have you read anything by either of these authors before? I've read some of Steph's (Carter_Orange)

What is your twitter username?  emily_michele8 4

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Just coming in to say we will be starting this challenge officially next Sunday! If you want to start reading before then, go ahead! I know some of you have already started.

Happy reading! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2]