Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: FS for June: Brothers by Jess20  (Read 4921 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for June: Brothers by Jess20
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:57:34 AM »

Hello and happy summer!!

This month's featured story is Brothers by Jess. It reminds me of the olden days fics when it's just the boys coming together to help each other out. It had been a very long time since I had seen a story like this so I was a little skeptical to give it a try just because I didn't recognize the name of the person who wrote it. I am SO glad I opened it.

For anyone who LOVES fics that really ust focus on the guys and their relationship, this one is for you!

Here is the link:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11006

Jess is a member of the forum so hopefully she'll be around to answer any questions if anyone has them!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for June: Brothers by Jess20
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »

Since I know you check the forum from time to time, I'm leaving you some questions to answer  :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Also, I hope you consider participating in the reading challenge. I think it would be a good fit for you!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:39:39 AM »

Since I know you check the forum from time to time, I'm leaving you some questions to answer  :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Also, I hope you consider participating in the reading challenge. I think it would be a good fit for you!

Aww thanks Mare for the featured story of the month and the kind words! I'll give a go to answer the questions.

1. I don't really know how to answer this question lol I guess I could tell you this: I really struggled with this story. I started it when I was doing my DipEd and finished it when I was doing my thesis. So I was completely swamped with writing but the whole reason I started it in the first place was because I was so swamped and needed a release. So all my anxiety went into this story.

2. It took about a year and a half to two years to complete. I stopped writing for a long period when I really needed to catch up on work.

3. The guys are on their hiatus after the Black and Blue hiatus and have not been in touch. Nick rings Kev in the middle of the night highly distressed. Howie and AJ come to the rescue but find out that Nick has taken some heavy duty drugs. The guys all come down to Florida to be with Nick and get him through this mess. In the process they try to get their friendship back on track.

4. The song 'Lift Me Up'. It reminded me of Nick's hard years. When Nick sings on it, I can hear his emotion and I played with the idea of him being the one to actually write it. (It was really written by Darren Hayes of Savage Garden. Aussie Aussie Aussie!)

5. Favourite character was Howie. Second favourite was Kevin.

6. Brian lol

7. All the boys are in this one!

With the reading challenge, do you have to pick a full story or can you just pick a one-shot to read?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »

Well you aren't technically part of the reading challenge so you can pretty much read whatever you'd like lol Totally up to you! My hope is that people will take the opportunity to click on the links and read some of the stories and leave feedback.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:13:48 PM »

I love that I have read this story because I can actually ask you questions based on the story lol

What made you decide on that particular time period?

How much research did you do on drugs before writing this?

What was your favorite scene to write?

Which one of the characters do you most relate to?

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »

LOL half of these questions I have no idea how to answer lol...I'll give it a shot

1. I guess this was the time period that made sense to me. Nick was going through a shit time and I needed to the guys to be fragmented for that.

2. I wouldn't say I put in a lot of research...I did wikipedia and go on the Aussie drug sites to get more info but once those first chapters were over, I tried to stay away from the drug thing so I wouldn't have to be as detailed.

3. Probably all the ones with Howie and Nick lol

4. I related to Nick the most I guess. Mainly because I started writing when I was 22 and I put him at 23. There was also the fact that I put a lot of my emotions into his character at the time (I was VERY wound up when I started writing this story! lol)

Question for you Mare: for the top ten thing, I don't have a top ten, but I have a top 3, can I put those down?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:35:48 AM »

I love how you always have a question for me to answer as well, Jess lol

Yes, top three is fine. even if you just had one. The more people I have the better. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »

I love the Nick and Howie scenes as well. What was your favorite bromantic moment to write?

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »

Definitely the Nick and Howie scenes. I don't know how to write Brian lol I liked Kevin and Nick too! Looking forward to reading some of these two bromance pairs in your new fic!!  ;D