Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117212 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2014, 08:17:34 PM »

Thanks, Reb! I hope you get a chance to see them too! Hopefully they'll go to Hawaii!

I have actually watched full shows a few times now.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:30 PM »

LOL I think everyone is like that.  Or at least, I would assume so.

Do you write the kind of stories you prefer to read?

Is there a type of story you like to read, but don't write?

Have you ever written a story that you would probably never read?

I typically write what I like to read. I like fantasy, not a huge fan of sci-fi in books because it can get too technical but I like it on TV and movies.  I also love mystery and suspense books...

I read chick lit, rom coms... whatever you want to really call them.  I have tried to write one or two but I don't think I write those as well as other people, so I typically stick to reading them.

Yes. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »

Okay so the editing question - how do you go about editing your chapters before you post them?

Do you have someone else beta read them? Or do you do it yourself or do you not bother at all and just wing it?

I've had beta readers but I do try to edit as I go. Re-read what I've written so far and edit but once I reach the end I don't re-read the chapter from the beginning.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:38:55 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2014, 04:49:18 AM »

Thanks, Reb! I hope you get a chance to see them too! Hopefully they'll go to Hawaii!

I have actually watched full shows a few times now.

Haha, but you're saying this to the girl that's okay with not going and doesn't really want to meet them, remember? Lol. The more I think about it, I'd go for the sake of seeing them perform, but having that said, I really wouldn't be able to deal with girls jumping in front of me and screaming over their vocals; I'd be like "BITCH I PAID TO HEAR THEM SING AND SEE THEM PERFORM, NOT TO HEAR YOU SCREAM AND SEE YOU BLOCK MY WAY!!!" Lmao.  ;)

But I highly doubt they'd come here; I don't think they have enough fans out here in Hawaii, lol. I just so happened to have found Sel by chance when she was living out here; it was truly a small world moment, lmao!!!
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2014, 04:58:28 AM »

The screaming & singing along annoys me as well. Lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2014, 05:06:17 AM »

Okay so the editing question - how do you go about editing your chapters before you post them?

Do you have someone else beta read them? Or do you do it yourself or do you not bother at all and just wing it?

There are already too many questions and I can't keep up. Will answer to answer this and hopefully, I can still answer the next questions.

I actually hate the editing part. I'm a fast reader, sometimes when my husband and I read an article or whatever at the same time, I'd be finished reading it and he is still halfway through. So, when I am re-reading what I have written, I tend to overlook the mistakes, and also because I know what I wrote. So, sometimes, after writing a chapter I'll stop and wait for an hour or so before I read and edit. Having someone to beta read would be awesome! :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2014, 05:12:20 AM »

Oh yes; idk if that makes me a bitch, because the boys' do hype up the crowd and wants the audience to participate or sing along with them, lol.
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:53 AM »

Well if it makes you a bitch then it makes me one too lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2014, 05:36:36 AM »

LOL I think everyone is like that.  Or at least, I would assume so.

Do you write the kind of stories you prefer to read?

Is there a type of story you like to read, but don't write?

Have you ever written a story that you would probably never read?

I do tend to write the kind of stories I enjoy reading. I'm not big on romance so I don't write it. I'll sometimes add it in a story if I feel like it adds more to the story as a subplot or it fits the characters. (Like say in Undead) but usually I don't. They're typically Nick focused Group Stories which I love to read. Genre wise I love bromances, angst, sci-fi, horror, and suspense for both writing and reading.

Um, not typically. LOL. I'm not really into slash cause it feels too far from "canon" for me in the BSB fandom. And romance most times is too fluffy. So no.

Yes. I wrote "Just Another Day" and while it was a neat experiment to tackle cliches and go outside of my personal box, it's a story I never ever would've clicked on had I not wrote it myself.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2014, 05:41:19 AM »

Well if it makes you a bitch then it makes me one too lol

Lets go be bitches together! LOL!!
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2014, 05:54:23 AM »

I can't stand when people sing loudly or scream while the boys are singing either.  Screaming in between songs is find, but shut up when they're talking or singing.  I do sing along, but never loud enough for anyone else to hear it.  I don't want to be that person that you hear singing off-key in the background of someone's video LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2014, 06:31:56 AM »

I can't stand when people sing loudly or scream while the boys are singing either.  Screaming in between songs is find, but shut up when they're talking or singing.  I do sing along, but never loud enough for anyone else to hear it.  I don't want to be that person that you hear singing off-key in the background of someone's video LOL.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh man, I <3 you Jules!! LMAO. I mean, after paying that much money, and if I got girls screaming, singing obnoxiously, dancing in front of me when I paid to see the boys, you best believe I'm gonna be one of the biggest bitch you'll have to deal with, lol.

Speaking of which, did ya'll see the NKOTBSB London stream? I think it was the London stream, lol. The two hour youtube video, that I fast-forwarded to only the boys' parts (teehee), they would pan out to the fans right? So, there was this segment where they showed these two fans singing along to the boys' songs, and started a shoving match; I'm pretty horrible, but it was freaking funny, lol.

Anywho, back to questions... hmm... does anyone write fanfic for any other fandom? If so, which fandom do you favor writing fanfic for? Why?

I know with me, I don't write fanfic for any other fandom, but I read Avengers fandom fanfics, lol.
~Me

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 06:46:06 AM »

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh man, I <3 you Jules!! LMAO. I mean, after paying that much money, and if I got girls screaming, singing obnoxiously, dancing in front of me when I paid to see the boys, you best believe I'm gonna be one of the biggest bitch you'll have to deal with, lol.

Speaking of which, did ya'll see the NKOTBSB London stream? I think it was the London stream, lol. The two hour youtube video, that I fast-forwarded to only the boys' parts (teehee), they would pan out to the fans right? So, there was this segment where they showed these two fans singing along to the boys' songs, and started a shoving match; I'm pretty horrible, but it was freaking funny, lol.

Anywho, back to questions... hmm... does anyone write fanfic for any other fandom? If so, which fandom do you favor writing fanfic for? Why?

I know with me, I don't write fanfic for any other fandom, but I read Avengers fandom fanfics, lol.

I've never been near the stage on any BSB concert, I'm always a few sections up, so girls blocking my way has never been my problem, the boys being too far away was. lol But I experienced VIP once (bronze), so I saw the boys up close. But they shoo me away when time for pictures. lol

I've only read one chapter of a fanfic for Flashpoint (a Canadian TV show) but did not enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading BSB fanfics, so I guess I'll just stick with BSB. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 07:07:02 AM »

I dabbed in other fandoms sometimes. When I was younger I'd toy around with Buffy The Vampire Slayer fanfic. But that's the only time I've written it. I will read Inuyasha and Sailor Moon fiction on occasion but I'm super crazy picky with it.

I've toyed with the idea of a BSB/Nikita Crossover. Or even a BSB/Agents of SHIELD crossover. Neither have happened yet LOL. I've also considered writing fanfiction strictly for Nikita and lately Salem. (I have a thing for Shane West lmao). But I don't know. It's just not the same unless it's got the Boys involved or it's straight up Original Fiction. 
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2014, 07:16:35 AM »

That's why I tell girls to get out of my way and stfu lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36