Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 12  (Read 117231 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 12
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »

I can't stand when people sing loudly or scream while the boys are singing either.  Screaming in between songs is find, but shut up when they're talking or singing.  I do sing along, but never loud enough for anyone else to hear it.  I don't want to be that person that you hear singing off-key in the background of someone's video LOL.

I hate when people scream while the boys are trying to talk! LOL And I'm the person who is yelling  "Shut the hell up!" to the people singing all around me. I'm probably a real joy to be around at these shows!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooh man, I <3 you Jules!! LMAO. I mean, after paying that much money, and if I got girls screaming, singing obnoxiously, dancing in front of me when I paid to see the boys, you best believe I'm gonna be one of the biggest bitch you'll have to deal with, lol.

Speaking of which, did ya'll see the NKOTBSB London stream? I think it was the London stream, lol. The two hour youtube video, that I fast-forwarded to only the boys' parts (teehee), they would pan out to the fans right? So, there was this segment where they showed these two fans singing along to the boys' songs, and started a shoving match; I'm pretty horrible, but it was freaking funny, lol.

Anywho, back to questions... hmm... does anyone write fanfic for any other fandom? If so, which fandom do you favor writing fanfic for? Why?

I know with me, I don't write fanfic for any other fandom, but I read Avengers fandom fanfics, lol.

I have dabbled in a very few Supernatural fanfics and have read some of those as well as Numb3rs ones, other than that, not really.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »

That's why I tell girls to get out of my way and stfu lol

We would be fun at a concert together. We'd end up being in a brawl like the one Reb described! LOL

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »

I've never been near the stage on any BSB concert, I'm always a few sections up, so girls blocking my way has never been my problem, the boys being too far away was. lol But I experienced VIP once (bronze), so I saw the boys up close. But they shoo me away when time for pictures. lol

I've only read one chapter of a fanfic for Flashpoint (a Canadian TV show) but did not enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading BSB fanfics, so I guess I'll just stick with BSB. :)

I'd imagine it's nice being closer to see the guys, but not having to deal with the crazies, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »

^ why wouldn't we want to hear your answers? Don't be all wah wah lol

Of course we want to hear your answers just like everyone else!

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »

I didnt get to see them on IAWLT either...and both times they were literally just hours away from me =( the first one in St. Louis..we were broke...and the next time in Kansas City. Mo I was on a flight to Washington i was upset lol. I havent seen them in concert sine Never gone...and its almost been 10yrs! Baylee was just a toddler lol.
~Carter~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

I just feel like I am too behind to catch up. It's all good..I'm having fun reading other people's posts.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

Having that we discussed that most of us prefer to keep their signig other and families out of our stories, which couple/family do you guys find is the easiest to write? Which is the hardest for you?
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »

I just feel like I am too behind to catch up. It's all good..I'm having fun reading other people's posts.

Yes yes, we wanna read your answers Tracy!! Lol. Or, yanno, just answer as much as you can!  ;)
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »

The only other fandom I've read and written a little in is Harry Potter.  But very little.  I haven't read a HP fanfic in probably ten years.  I started writing one of my own about ten years ago too and only got to like chapter 3 LOL.  Now I have a BSB/HP crossover, and that has been going a lot better.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »

Having that we discussed that most of us prefer to keep their signig other and families out of our stories, which couple/family do you guys find is the easiest to write? Which is the hardest for you?

I really hate writing any of them honestly and really do avoid it when I can but as far as easiest, I'd have to go with Leighanne. She's been around the longest and because she doesn't really stay out of the limelight and forces herself on us unlike the other one's do, it's easy to pick up on her personality traits. As much as I actually like the other four, I don't really know all that much about them. I'm not sure if I've even heard Leigh speak. Up until this whole I Heart Nick promo, I could say the same about Lauren.

When writing actual couple interaction which I ABHOR! I would go for Kevin and Kristin over all the others.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

I'm actually enjoying writing about Nick and Lauren in my current story.  Not that Lauren is a main character or anything, but she's been in it more than I've ever written about her before.  I really like her, and I think they're easy to write because they've been so open and out there with their relationship the last couple of years.  Between the Kitt Fit videos and the promos for their reality show, we've seen them in action with each other, which helps give a feel for how they work as a couple.

I think Brian and Leighanne are also easy to write about (but hard to resist making fun of LOL) because they've been together so long, and Leighanne has always been very involved with the fandom.  More fans have actually met and held conversations with her than any of the other Backstreet wives, which makes it easier to write her as a character.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I find Leigh and Kristin harder to write because I don't know much about them.  Leigh's been in my current story a lot, but I'm really just making her character up because I have no idea what she's like in real life.

Rochelle is somewhere in the middle.  I really like her and enjoyed writing about her in the one chapter of Curtain Call she was in, which may be the only time I've really written about her.  I feel like I actually have a better sense of who she is than how she and AJ are together as a couple, which is weird.  I think it's because she was so active on Twitter for awhile, but they don't interact on there like Brian and Leighanne and even Nick and Lauren, to an extent, do.

As far as the Boys' families go, I think the Carter clan is by far the easiest to write because we've seen the most of them, through House of Carters and their shenanigans on the internet, and you can go as over the top as you want with them without it seeming unrealistic.  I don't know as much about the other Boys' families.  Aside from the Carters, I've written the most about Brian's family.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »

I was seriously cracking up with whoever had said Rochelle is basically AJ with boobs, LMAO!!!

I've noticed a lot of people convey in their writing this love/hate relationship with Leighanne, and as weird as this may sound, I seriously enjoy reading it! Lol. When she is written in, it's like her character influx brings something different to angst and she can either make or break your heart, lol.

As everyone pointed out with not really knowing the other wives, my notion is that they fit right alongside their significant other... well, maybe with the exception of Leighanne and Brian, but it seems as if she's rubbed off on him from time to time, lol. I picture Kristin being this motherly figure who's so genuine and just pure and true. I picture Leigh being a sweet woman with a good head on her shoulders and extremely smart and analytical. Leighanne being... Leighanne, you can love her or hate her, but she's there, lol. Rochelle being loving and generous (I mean, she is married to AJ, lol) but at the same time aware and seemingly firmly planted to the ground. And Lauren, the caring and independent person she is who is misunderstood and misinterpreted; she seems like if she could, she'd want to give people a chance to just know her as Lauren Kitt rather than Nick Carter's better half, but at the same time knows she doesn't have to prove herself to anyone. It's really sad those select crazy Carter fans had to hate on her; the show looks absolutely adorable and I find myself rooting for Lauren like yeah, show those bitches what's up! Lol.
~Me

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »

The only one i have really written is Lauren, and Leighanne made a cameo in one story, but I try not to even include their wives in my stories. I like mine to be about the boys.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »

I'm the one who said Rochelle is AJ with boobs because that's who she is LOL They seem very similar to me but like Julie said, you hardly ever really see them interacting with one another. She seems to always be with that Madonna Mark guy, but not in a sexual way. You can tell they're just friends, but still I get a better sense of their relationship than hers and AJ's.

This story I'm writing now is the first time I'm really writing about Kevin and his family. I really don't know much about his brothers so writing scenes with Tim and Jerald have been a bit hard. I am kind of making it up as I go along. in my mind I have an idea of what they might be like and picture Jerald being a lot like how Kevin is now and Tim being close to how Brian is. I've also had to write a fair share of momma and poppa D which was also a kind of guessing match. I don't know how close to real life I got them either.

I seriously don't think I've ever written the carter clan. Oh, well in Lurks I did with Jane and Bob, but I didn't make them really Jane and Bob but I don't know if I've ever written the kids.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36