Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FS for August and #91 is - On Nightingale Hill by Filiklepto  (Read 20791 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for August and #91 is - On Nightingale Hill by Filiklepto
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 05:01:32 AM »

Chapter 15:

Cool! Now they can make things levitate! That'll come in handy when they need it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:46:36 PM »

Chapter 15:

Cool! Now they can make things levitate! That'll come in handy when they need it.

Oh no, you're catching up! I need to write faster haha.

I brought my iPad with me to work today so maybe I can get some writing in during my lunch break!
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 04:10:46 AM »

Yup! Although now that school is starting up I am slowing down a little bit.

Chapter 16: Okay, well this chapter was just really creative. It almost read like a short story. How do you come up with these ideas? Apple trees that swallow people whole? lol

I wonder where they ended up? And yes I did get tingly about the mere mention of Brian. I hope there will be some bsb memories to come. If there is a bsb.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 07:06:17 AM »

Congrats Chrissy!! You know I love ONH and I'm totally going to re-read it although many parts of this story are unforgettable and they play in my head. You're an awesome writer and I'm so excited to hear you are working on a new chapter. Woohoo!!!  ;)

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »

although many parts of this story are unforgettable and they play in my head.

That... I think that's one of the best compliments I've ever received!  :o
my muse is such a lush

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »

Okay, the next chapter is almost complete! I just have to re-read it again when it's not 4AM and I'm not half asleep. I'll try posting it for you guys tomorrow night when I get home~
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »

Excellent! In the meantime, thoughts on chapter 17:

I just realized that every time I read one of your chapters, I get SO hungry!! Once again I love the imagery of the fog versus the well lit warm path. I also got a kick out of Lene asking if apple trees usually ate people but Nick was unsure. lol

Uh-oh, Lene's getting all possessive now! I was wondering whether or not, she would start to worry about Nick leaving her and end up steering him in the wrong direction. It has to be hard for a little kid not knowing what's going on.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:04:16 AM by mare »

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Hi to everyone reading! The next chapter is up.

It is now 3:30 am here; excuse me while I pass out now...

Enjoy!
my muse is such a lush

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »

Yay you for updating!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »

Yay you for updating!!

Thanks! It felt really good to get something out, even though I've been super busy lately. (I have a big dance festival this weekend so I've been sleeping less than 5 hrs a night ><)

The next chapter doesn't have anything pre-written from my old drafts, but there were some gaps in the story that I wanted to cover. I think I should have some time to work on it next week, so hopefully I can have another update for you guys before the end of the month! :D
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 03:59:13 AM »

Wow! Glad to see you updated! Now if we can keep you updating regularly enough to finish the story- that would be awesome!

Chapter 18: Oh, Lene... Do not let the magical guitar make Nick forget things. He already barely remembers stuff. If you let him do that then I hope he forgets you!

Okay, so it's official then. Nick IS a Backstreet Boy! Yay!!

Well Lene, that's what you get for letting a curse overtake the person trying to help you. A timeout from Nick Carter! lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2014, 05:12:22 AM »

Chapter 19:

Yay! The curse has been lifted!

I'm hoping Lene is going to be aging soon. It seems like that's what happens. When I start getting restless with her being a certain age, she grows. And Nick having erotic dreams while she's sleeping next to him is just all kinds of wrong, especially if she ends up being one of the girls he's dreaming about. Ick!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:15:26 AM by mare »

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:29 AM »

Wow! Glad to see you updated! Now if we can keep you updating regularly enough to finish the story- that would be awesome!

Chapter 18: Oh, Lene... Do not let the magical guitar make Nick forget things. He already barely remembers stuff. If you let him do that then I hope he forgets you!

Okay, so it's official then. Nick IS a Backstreet Boy! Yay!!

Well Lene, that's what you get for letting a curse overtake the person trying to help you. A timeout from Nick Carter! lol

I love your comments.

"then I hope he forgets you!"

"A timeout from Nick Carter!"

Haha those are the best :D Hopefully, I can get some writing done this week! I'd love to post at least one more update before the end of the month.
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 03:41:43 AM »

I'm glad you're enjoying my commentary and I do hope you get another chapter out before the end of the month since I only have one more to go before I'm all caught up.

Onto chapter 20 which I have a feeling will not be one of my favorites based on your author's note. lol

See what I mean? I needed Lene to get older and she did. Very nice! I thought I'd be cringing more when you mentioned the sex stuff but it wasn't so bad. I got through it lol

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2014, 01:23:54 AM »

I'm glad you're enjoying my commentary and I do hope you get another chapter out before the end of the month since I only have one more to go before I'm all caught up.

Onto chapter 20 which I have a feeling will not be one of my favorites based on your author's note. lol

See what I mean? I needed Lene to get older and she did. Very nice! I thought I'd be cringing more when you mentioned the sex stuff but it wasn't so bad. I got through it lol

When I first planned ONH out, I pictured there would be loads of sex in the latter half, hence the R-rating. But now that I'm writing it out I find myself more interested in just telling the story... Not to mention that Nick is surprisingly less eager about the idea of sleeping with Lene than I thought he would be lol. We'll see what happens from here!
my muse is such a lush
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4