Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FS for September and story #92 is - Trapped by Jenna  (Read 8966 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for September and story #92 is - Trapped by Jenna
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »

I've always wondered this, when you started writing Swollen Issues, did you forsee it turning into this epic long three story series? And did you know from the beginning that you were going to eventually end with Nick dying?

I really thought he was going to pull through after all he had been through and I admit, I was completely shocked when he died. Even though I probably shouldn't have been. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »

Good questions!  I wondered that too.

I'm glad you did decide to finally put him out of his misery after all that; it wouldn't have been very realistic to have him miraculously recover after he'd been at death's door for the majority of the story.  Still, it shocked me when it happened because I wasn't expecting the story to end right then (even after 90 chapters).  But I guess that's life.  Even when you know someone is dying, you don't know exactly when it's going to happen, and it's still devastating when it does.  I think it was the most appropriate ending.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:06 AM »

Yeah, I think that's what shocked me. Not so much the actual dying but how abrupt it happened. In the end very realistic but I was hoping for a remission lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Jenna

• Fledgling
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

On Swollen Issues , we originally had planned on one story but the reception was so big that we decided on writing Swollen Issues II and the Swollen III.

In the beginning it was just going to be Nick suffering with getting the mumps which was how the name was selected then Kris and I decided on the name.

We decide, "What the heck....let's give Nick cancer.  We weren't  planning on killing him originally but after the suffering and the realities of life I abruptly killed him. Sorry if I upset anyone. :(

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:07 PM »

So he really did just have the mumps in the original story?  That is so funny!  It makes sense because the first story is actually really funny, and then the tone changes so much in the second two.  Leave it to you to turn mumps into cancer!!  Sounds like something I'd do... 'cause I learned from the best! :)

It was upsetting, but in a good way.  It's always a compliment when a story can make me cry like that. :)  This series actually played a big part in converting me into a Nick fan.  Nick actually used to be my least favorite Backstreet Boy, but then he got really hot in 2002 when his solo album came out, and I got really into this series around that same time and started to fall in love with Nick... though I'm not sure if it was real Nick or Swollen Nick LOL.  By 2003, Fanfic Nick was way more lovable than ghetto fab, Paris Hilton-dating, real life Nick LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »

I love that it was just regular mumps to begin with. I alsmost skipped your story when I first came across it because I was worried it was going to be a visual like the very first fanfic I had ever read. Dirty mind I guess. Lol

I think to have ended it any other way but have him die, wouldn't have done justice to your series. I say this in retrospect of course because at the time I was reading it, I felt differently. I was too busy screaming NOOOOO to really think it through lol

Like Julie said, I fee, like you are the one that made me really fall in love with not just Nick but all of them as people. Sometimes I wish they could stay the fanfic versions of the guys we create.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 12:42:09 PM »

I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to read along as I had planned. I've just been too busy to read anything at all this month, but you know I have read it and did love it.
Pages: 1 [2]