Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for April: story #99 Broken by RokofAges75

<< < (2/8) > >>

mare:
I'm really glad you decided to include Broken in your poll because it's a classic!

Here's a little more love coming your way.

--- Quote from: Carter-Orange on March 14, 2015, 03:53:03 AM ---
First of all, well done Julie, you totally deserve this! 

I've loved everything I've read of yours, even when I saw a slash story by you (which is not something I'd usually read), because it was by you, I knew it would be good.

I really love the way you draw the reader in and leave them wanting more at the end of every chapter.  You put so much detail into your stories that I sometimes find it hard to believe they aren't real.  I can totally imagine the boys in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or out on the road with Nick battling terminal illnesses.

--- End quote ---

mare:
And here's Tracy....

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on March 16, 2015, 07:48:51 PM ---Julie is just one of those writers that goes with whatever is thrown at her. I've seen her tackle a lot of different genres and topics. She's most well known for her medical dramas but I got to know her through reading 00Carter and a couple other stories as well. I look up to a lot of the girls at AC and Julie is one of them. One story I enjoyed was the one Harry Potter crossover she started. It was written as if JK Rowling herself had written it, which is amazing. I also love her morbid sense of humor. I enjoy her collaborations with Rose, it's a rare gift to find another writer that compliments you, but her and Rose work perfectly together. Sometimes you can't tell who is writing what, and I feel that is the mark of a great writer. I love to read Julie's stories because you never know what to expect. She is like a grab bag at genres. Congrats on getting the top ten you deserve it!

--- End quote ---

mare:
And of course a thread about Broken wouldn't be complete without the stories biggest fan.

--- Quote from: FrickFrackGirl on March 28, 2015, 07:32:05 PM ---   Back when I first started reading fan fiction, I stumbled on this story called Broken...and I became OBSESSED.  I completely fell in love with the characters of Nick and Claire. After reading for a while, I found out that the author had a message board.  Thus, began an adventure that I will always remember and cherish. 

Broken was the first story I read of Julie's.  To this day, it still remains my all time favorite series.  The emotion, the struggles, the ups and downs of this story...I felt like I was living it along with Nick and Claire.  Then came By My Side.  OMG...I'd never wanted to kill a fictional character worse than I did Jamie..lol  Snowplow anyone? :P  Every day I would rush home from work to see if the story had been updated (this was before smartphones!).  I would slam the bedroom door shut when a new chapter appeared so that I could read uninterrupted.  It got to the point where even my young son knew when a new chapter was posted..lol I was glued to the message board, chatting with the friends I'd made there, and Julie herself, about the stories I'd come to love so much.  I was even lucky enough to have a cameo in BMS! I was so excited and honored by that!  I even got a mention in the acknowledgemen ts at the end of the series because I would push this story (and I STILL do this!) on anyone and everyone in the fandom.  I think it amused the hell outta her..lol  The MOST honored I'd ever been is when I was upset because it was the end of the BMS story and she was going to post the ending the next day and I had to work early and wouldn't be able to read it.  Julie blessed me by sending it to me the night before it was posted so that I could finish it.  I don't think she realized just how much that meant to me.  But I just have a special place in my heart for these stories because of the stories themselves and the friendships that were created because of them. 

I have always thought the Broken series would make an AWESOME movie..lol  And after the success that 50 Shades of Grey has had, it starting out as a fan fic, that dream is alive! lol 

Julie and Rose also pulled me into their love of zombies.  That's another of my favorite story of Julie's (and Rose)...Song For The Undead.  And also their twisted minds have also inspired me to write a few stories to add to the collection of 1,000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter. 

I've also had the pleasure of meeting Julie herself.  The first time I met her was in 2008 when I traveled to Bloomington, IL to see the Boys TIU show.  And then the cruises started.  This past cruise was probably the most EPIC cruise experience I had with Julie.  We all had such a blast hanging out, yet another memory I will never forget.

Julie, without a doubt, is my all time favorite fic writer.  The characters she creates, the stories she tells....they suck you in, make you live the stories right along side the characters themselves.  I love the emotions they inflict on you.  I have literally sat in front of my computer and SOBBED, I have laughed so hard my stomach hurt and have rooted so hard for characters.  I've never read fic stories that quite effect me the way Julie's do, and that's my favorite part about her stories. 

Julie, congrats on this achievement!! I am so happy for you and I am so happy that these stories lead to this friendship.  I look forward to more stories from you and more BSB adventures as well!  

--- End quote ---

Rose:
Julie you deserve all this love and adoration so enjoy it!

FrickFrackGirl:
For a long time after reading these stories I kept watching Nick for a limp!!!

Congrats again Julie!!! I'm so happy for you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version