Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Summer reading challenge part one: The participants!  (Read 13359 times)

balance

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Summer reading challenge part one: The participants!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »

I will definitely participate this year!
Pammy Whammy

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 05:55:36 AM »

Yeah I have read both of those. This makes me sad. I was hoping  the challenge would get me back into writing this summer, I was looking forward to it

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 07:47:18 PM »

I'm not really sure what to do here. It's kind of obvious right now that no one really seems all that interested so I'm going to propose instead that your challenge is to pick any story on AC, that you might have thought about reading but just didn't have the time to read it before. Once you pick that story, then read and review every single chapter.

Post in here which story you chose to read and why.

The people whose story you choose to read might not even realize why, but at least maybe they will get a confidence boost when they suddenly start receiving reviews.

One thing I ask  is that you try to pass by people who do not take time to respond to the reviews they do receive. It's rude and shows a more than ungrateful attitude and also a sign that they would most likely not bother to review anything anyone else posts. It's seriously one of the first things I look for before I commit to reading a story. I always check out the reviews and see if they bother to respond.

That's my only request.

So, anyone at all can now participate. Read your little hearts out and let us know how it's going throughout the summer. If you want to read more than one, go nuts!

Sorry it didn't work out this summer. I guess real life has gotten in the way for all of us.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »

I would have loved to participate... . I'll try to do what you have suggested, Mare.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »

That's great, thanks Ritz! Hopefully everyone else will as well!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 10:27:17 AM »

I'm going to pick something I've not gotten around to and I'll start reading.  I've been a bad member recently and not been around much, but then I suppose we've all had real stuff going on that's got in the way.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »

I think it's safe to say we're all failing this summer.

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »

i have been pretty bad this year as well. I want to participate but I am completely unsure. I have been so wishy washy and i havent written anything in at least six months or more =( I will see what I can find and maybe pick something I havent read.
~Carter~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 01:40:09 AM »

I'm with you on the fact we're all failing. Real life takes up so much time lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »

Lol it really does...my farm has grown since last year and a mil that doesn't like me to write is hard on me as well /sigh
~Carter~

backstreetsbabyg

• Fledgling
  • if you want to read my mind you have to ask Nick!!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:32 AM »

Sounds fun Mare, maybe if I get back to reviewing every chapter it will make me get back into writing... that's what I am hoping for anyway.
backstreet boys= the group of guys that have been through it all and are always there for you.... not that you ever want them to leave!

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »

I am totally late to the party here! I would love to participate if you guys are still doing it.
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »

I have challenged everyone to read something they haven't yet. I am hoping people are doing it, especially those of you who went ahead and filled out the challenge form. Just don't forget to leave reviews for those people. I'm going to put a questionaire in here for you to fill out when you're done.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:13:10 PM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

What story did you choose to read?

Is this the first story you've read by this author?

Would you read something else by them?

Give us a brief review of the story. Your likes and dislikes:

Did you leave reviews?

Did the author respond?

Recommend one of your stories for us to read:

Kyrie

• Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »

What story did you choose to read? I chose to read "It's Complicated" by Julilly

Is this the first story you've read by this author? It was the first one I've read but I have noticed the story before.

Would you read something else by them? Definitely!

Give us a brief review of the story. Your likes and dislikes: I was hooked from the beginning chapter. Nick is doing some soul searching because of some past issues and I liked how she made him seem human, even if he was being a jerk. The only thing I was bummed about is how it ended. I would love to see another story with him and Marki to tell use where they went from there.

Did you leave reviews? I did at the end of every chapter

Did the author respond? No

Recommend one of your stories for us to read: "First Impressions"
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” — Mary Anne Radmacher
Pages: 1 [2]