Fic Talk > Brainstorms

BSB Werewolf Hunters

(1/7) > >>

MaggieW:
So, with Christmas coming up, you'd think I'd be coming up with ideas for Backstreet Christmas stories.

But no. For the past several days, I've been thinking of...

Backstreet Boys as werewolf hunters.  ??? :o ??? :o

Not as an AU story. They're still the Backstreet Boys, but Brian and Kevin are werewolf hunters. Brian is fairly new to the business (about four years or so), but Kevin has been a Hunter practically since BSB began.

There are two levels of werewolf hunters: Hunterlings, and full-fledged Hunters. They're trained the same, with the same weapons (guns with silver bullets, and silver blades of varying sizes; the ones made with silver and moondust trap the werewolf in either its wolf or human form for 24 hours, depending on when they were hit by the weapon) but to be a full-fledged Hunter, they must be bitten or scratched by a werewolf at midday of the full moon or new moon, and only on the ankle or the arm. This bite or scratch enhances the Hunter's own physical and mental abilities, while also giving them wolf-like hearing and smell. The Hunters also need to learn to howl like a werewolf in order to communicate across distances with the werewolves. Our favorite Kentucky cousins have mastered the skill.

Now, it's not a Hunter's job to just hunt and kill any werewolf they come across. It's more like a police force. Hunters will also work together with some werewolves to catch the ones that refuse to control their bloodlust, or continue to terrorize the human population.

But this time, the werewolf clans need help. A strange sickness has struck their kind, driving many werewolves mad, attacking and killing everything in sight, including other werewolves. They don't know where this disease comes from, or how it spreads. But it must be stopped before it spreads any farther among the clans, and especially before it infects humans.

Kevin became a Hunter simply because he was invited to, and it gave him a chance to protect his Backstreet Brothers in an even greater way. Brian joined around the time they finished wrapping filming for the documentary. A bloodthirsty werewolf had made its way onto his property in Georgia and had tried to attack his family. If he hadn't had the silver dagger his father had given him the night before he and Leighanne had married, they would probably all be dead. He hadn't understood why his father had given him the dagger, or why he had said to keep it nearby at all times, but a feeling in his gut told Brian to do exactly what he said. And it's only this year, after he's become a full Hunter, that Brian learns that his father was a Hunter himself, and that part of the reason they were never close while Brian grew up was because his father was hunting werewolves. His father had hoped Brian wouldn't actually have to become a Hunter, but by giving Brian that dagger, he had prepared for the possibility.

The other BSB don't know about all this, but it's time to tell them. Because now that there are two Hunters in BSB, as well as Hunters in their security detail, the Boys are in greater danger.

How crazy is this, right?

RokofAges75:
Cool idea!  I like that you would keep it BSB, not AU.  I feel like that helps to keep fantasy plots like this one grounded in reality.  I haven't seen many (any?) BSB werewolf fanfics, and if I have, they probably had the Boys becoming werewolves, not hunting them.  Of course, this idea has the potential for one of them to get bitten, which would be fun.  I love the idea of the mysterious disease spreading among werewolves, too.

MaggieW:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on December 08, 2017, 10:26:52 PM ---Cool idea!  I like that you would keep it BSB, not AU.  I feel like that helps to keep fantasy plots like this one grounded in reality.  I haven't seen many (any?) BSB werewolf fanfics, and if I have, they probably had the Boys becoming werewolves, not hunting them.  Of course, this idea has the potential for one of them to get bitten, which would be fun.  I love the idea of the mysterious disease spreading among werewolves, too.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Julie. And you're right, there is the potential for one of them to get bitten. I'm still debating on whether that happens or not. Or even Leighanne (Brian's Leighanne, not Howie's) getting scratched to become a Hunter, whether accidentally or not.

I'm thinking that at the end, they and their families need to gather together in one place for safety, except for Brian and Kevin who have to go help stop werewolves. Depending on when I want to have this story take place, it could be in Vegas, or maybe they all gather at Brian's mansion, or somewhere else altogether.

RokofAges75:
Vegas would make sense!

MaggieW:
 Okay! Looks like I need to research the layout of Vegas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version