Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: BSB Werewolf Hunters  (Read 16607 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: BSB Werewolf Hunters
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »

Hey Maggie, I came across an article that might be helpful to you.  It's Nick's insider guide to LA and Vegas: http://hauteliving.com/2017/06/backstreet-boys-nick-carter-shares-his-insider-guide-to-la-and-las-vegas/638643/  It tells what part of Vegas he lives in (Southern Highlands) and his favorite places to go.  Might give you some ideas for settings for your story.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 03:56:58 PM »

Hey Maggie, I came across an article that might be helpful to you.  It's Nick's insider guide to LA and Vegas: http://hauteliving.com/2017/06/backstreet-boys-nick-carter-shares-his-insider-guide-to-la-and-las-vegas/638643/  It tells what part of Vegas he lives in (Southern Highlands) and his favorite places to go.  Might give you some ideas for settings for your story.

Oh that's cool! Thanks! I bet this will be useful.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »

Was there a BSB cruise last year, or were they just too busy with Vegas and everything else they were doing? If there was, i just need dates. I won't set anything there, but i might mention it in passing as part of the timeline.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 04:33:27 AM »

Southern Highlands? Figures. Opposite end of the city from me. No wonder I never get lucky and accidentally spot him LOL. (It's happened before with Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees, so you can't blame me for hoping) I live out towards the mountains and he's closer to Silverton. Explains why parts of it look familiar though from his videos, I helped my dad do tile work in that neighborhood as a kid. That place is GUARDED lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 04:33:44 AM »

Was there a BSB cruise last year, or were they just too busy with Vegas and everything else they were doing? If there was, i just need dates. I won't set anything there, but i might mention it in passing as part of the timeline.

The last cruise was in 2016.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 08:31:20 AM »

The last cruise was in 2016.

Yeah, that's the latest I saw on YouTube. I just wanted to be sure. Our Boys are busy, aren't they? ;)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 10:46:24 PM »

I've started writing the scene (which won't actually be in the novel, but backstory) leading up to where Brian actually decides to become a full-fledged Hunter all the way through to the day after. And now that I'm actually there, I realize that I need to decide what the "symptoms" are that Brian will feel after he's bitten. What should it feel like to be bitten by a werewolf but not actually become one? Part of the "change" will be sleeping for almost a full day.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »

Just for the fun of it, thought I'd post what I have so far of that scene:

Summer 2016

It took six silver bullets to finally bring the werewolf down. Even as it lay in its death throes, Brian kept his gun trained on the beast, knowing the Hunters around him were doing the same. He’d learned by painful experience not to assume about a werewolf’s death. He still bore the scars on his back and side from that mistake three years ago, and he’d had no ready answer when Howie had asked about them the next day.

When the werewolf was finally still, Marcus and two other Hunters approached the body while Brian kept his position and studied the night around them. It was early summer in northern Georgia, and the scent of geraniums and honeysuckle warmed by the sun still tickled the air. How sad that the beauty of his adopted home state should be shattered by the ugliness of werewolf attacks. Normally the night would be filled with the sounds of crickets singing and dogs howling, but tonight it was frightfully silent. Pet owners were keeping their animals inside. Tonight’s had been the third attack that Brian’s group of Hunters and Hunterlings had been assigned to track in the last two weeks alone. Human and animal deaths were on the rise, thanks to these beasts.

They had been lucky tonight, though. Marcus had picked up the werewolf’s trail much quicker than the last two times and had led his team on a swift chase through Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs before finally cornering the beast just ten miles east of the mansion Brian shared with his wife and son. That realization had spurred Brian to put aside his reluctance to kill-—the creature was part human, after all--and add his own silver bullets to the beast’s hide.

Marcus rose from where he’d crouched beside the body that was twice as large as a normal wolf. “All clear, everybody. The beast is dead. Count off your shots.”

Brian lowered his gun and took stock as he waited for his turn. Not being a full-fledged Hunter, just a Hunterling, his report would come last. As he listened, the knot of worry in his stomach began to ease when his companions reported anywhere from one to six shots fired at the rampaging animal. He’d fired off four rounds himself, better than he’d done in the past. His skill and aim were improving.

When all the reports were in, Marcus called for a van to take the werewolf’s body away. As Brian holstered his gun, he wondered, as he had the last time he’d helped take down a werewolf, where the beast would be taken. But fear of the answer kept him silent. Marcus approached him as the group waited.

“Thanks for your help again tonight, Brian,” he said. “I’m sorry we had to pull you away from your family again so soon. I understand we ruined some plans you’d had.”

Brian nodded. “Movie and game night with friends. I don’t know what excuse Leighanne has for them tonight, but she said she’d come up with something unless I get permission to tell them about my side job.”

“Which you can only do if you ever decide to become a full-fledged Hunter,” Marcus reminded him. “Why don’t you? You have the talent, Brian. I see it every time we go out. Imagine how that would be amplified with the abilities you’d get from a werewolf. You’d be able to track the dangerous ones, lead teams—you could protect your family even better than you already do.”

This wasn’t the first time Marcus had suggested it, but Brian had always refused. He knew all that was required was to be bitten by one of the werewolves they were at peace with at midday of the full or new moon, but something always held him back. Maybe it really was fear that he’d become a werewolf instead of just taking on some of their strength, hearing and sense of smell, despite seeing proof otherwise all around him.

But tonight was different. They’d taken this werewolf down far too close to home. He glanced over his shoulder at the beast’s carcass. “Would we have been able to take this one down sooner if I’d had those abilities?”

“We’ll never know that for sure,” Marcus answered honestly, following Brian’s gaze. “But you’ll be that much more of a help next time.”

When Brian didn’t reply, he continued, “Talk it over with your wife. The full moon is in just a couple of days. You could do it then. But keep in mind that you’ll need at least three days to fully recover. You’ll spend most of it sleeping.”

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »

Very well-written and descriptive!  The mythology behind the Hunter/Hunterling stuff is interesting.  Maybe after sleeping for almost a full day, Brian will find it difficult to sleep at night, preferring to sleep during the day instead, since wolves are nocturnal.  Maybe his taste in food will change; he'll have a stronger preference for rare meat (borrowing that from Bill Weasley).
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 07:14:08 PM »

Very well-written and descriptive!  The mythology behind the Hunter/Hunterling stuff is interesting.  Maybe after sleeping for almost a full day, Brian will find it difficult to sleep at night, preferring to sleep during the day instead, since wolves are nocturnal.  Maybe his taste in food will change; he'll have a stronger preference for rare meat (borrowing that from Bill Weasley).

Oh, those are good ideas! Thanks.

ETA: hmm... and maybe the need for a completely soundproofed room for the times when the super hearing gets to be too much and they just need silence.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:30:02 PM by MaggieW »

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »

Southern Highlands? Figures. Opposite end of the city from me. No wonder I never get lucky and accidentally spot him LOL. (It's happened before with Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees, so you can't blame me for hoping) I live out towards the mountains and he's closer to Silverton. Explains why parts of it look familiar though from his videos, I helped my dad do tile work in that neighborhood as a kid. That place is GUARDED lol.

Oh that's cool! (Jeff Timmons and the tile work)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

Now I gotta think of a title for this thing. What are some words or phrases you think of when you see werewolves, werewolf hunters, and Backstreet Boys?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »

I think of Brian in the Everybody video LOL.  "I had hair all over my body..."

Words and phrases I associate with werewolves:  full moon, silver bullet, bite, fur, transformation, howl...  This is probably not helpful; I'm very stereotypical LOL.
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »

I think of Brian in the Everybody video LOL.  "I had hair all over my body..."

Words and phrases I associate with werewolves:  full moon, silver bullet, bite, fur, transformation, howl...  This is probably not helpful; I'm very stereotypical LOL.

Hey, it's a start. Thanks.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »

Interesting. I just printed out a 2017 year-at-a-glance calendar so I could circle the dates of their Vegas residency and see what time I had to work with. I didn't realize just how spread out the dates were. Wow. Some of this story may have to be when they're outside Vegas. I know at some point, August I believe, they were filming CMT Crossroads with FGL and that they performed at the ACM Awards in April with them too. Wow - what else were they doing this year? Besides working on their next album, I mean?  :D :D

Pages: 1 [2] 3