Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BSB Werewolf Hunters  (Read 16603 times)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
Re: BSB Werewolf Hunters
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 11:46:45 AM »

Never mind. Found the concert history on the website. Busy boys! ;D
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:42 PM »

Ooh, wait!

Howie gets accidentally infected by a sick werewolf when he gets scratched on a Hunter mission and starts to show a rash, itchiness, and a short temper - the beginnings of the werewolf sickness. Brian takes him to a nearby Hunter HQ for observation and hopefully a cure. But then a hunter accidentally hits Brian with a tranquilizer dart on another mission and when he wakes up, he starts exhibiting some of the same symptoms but intensified because of his Hunter abilities, and he loses control of his use of the Alpha ability. When a cure is finally found for the two of them, Brian realizes the possibility that the sickness was artificially created by humans and administered through the tranquilizers. So why would some humans want to do this to the werewolves?

Zow!

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:50:29 PM by MaggieW »
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »

Wow, I'm on a roll on these first few scenes! I guess these are the ones I really wanted to write. I realized too that writing scene notes down on Post-It notes and sticking those on a plot board is a HUGE help for writing. Anybody else do something like that when planning your stories, BSB or not?

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »

Oh, I had to share this section I wrote just now. It's part of a scene where Brian is accidentally hit with a tranquilizer dart meant for the werewolf he and his team are chasing through Vegas. What do you think of it? How can I make it better?

Brian raced around the corner just ahead of the rest of his team, already looking ahead for the werewolf. A sharp pain suddenly dug into the back of his shoulder. He stopped with a cry and reached back to figure out what it was. To his shock, when he drew his hand back he held a tranquilizer dart. He looked behind him and found the newest Hunterling already at his side trying to apologize. Who had given her the tranquilizer gun in the first place? Not him.

Stupid kid, he thought as he tossed the dart to the ground. “Never mind,” he said. “Just be more carefu… carf… fuh…”

Brian’s tongue felt swollen in his mouth. He shook his head, blinking against the suddenly blurred vision and the strange disconnect between his head and the rest of his body. He did have a body, right? From somewhere came the dim realization that the dosage in the dart he’d been hit with had been meant for an animal much larger than a human. His heartbeat began to slow, thudded against his ribcage. How did that work? A clatter of metal against concrete. He’d dropped his gun. Or his knife? Something. Brian tried to move forward, stumbled, hit the ground as his knees gave out.

“Whoa,” he slurred, “tha’ stuff wor's f-”

Oblivion descended even faster and led him through strange and psychedelic dreams.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 09:20:04 PM »

And why in the world am I suddenly thinking of writing a mermaid BSB story??? Wha????

Pages: 1 2 [3]