Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BSB Werewolf Hunters  (Read 16802 times)

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
BSB Werewolf Hunters
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »

So, with Christmas coming up, you'd think I'd be coming up with ideas for Backstreet Christmas stories.

But no. For the past several days, I've been thinking of...

Backstreet Boys as werewolf hunters.  ??? :o ??? :o

Not as an AU story. They're still the Backstreet Boys, but Brian and Kevin are werewolf hunters. Brian is fairly new to the business (about four years or so), but Kevin has been a Hunter practically since BSB began.

There are two levels of werewolf hunters: Hunterlings, and full-fledged Hunters. They're trained the same, with the same weapons (guns with silver bullets, and silver blades of varying sizes; the ones made with silver and moondust trap the werewolf in either its wolf or human form for 24 hours, depending on when they were hit by the weapon) but to be a full-fledged Hunter, they must be bitten or scratched by a werewolf at midday of the full moon or new moon, and only on the ankle or the arm. This bite or scratch enhances the Hunter's own physical and mental abilities, while also giving them wolf-like hearing and smell. The Hunters also need to learn to howl like a werewolf in order to communicate across distances with the werewolves. Our favorite Kentucky cousins have mastered the skill.

Now, it's not a Hunter's job to just hunt and kill any werewolf they come across. It's more like a police force. Hunters will also work together with some werewolves to catch the ones that refuse to control their bloodlust, or continue to terrorize the human population.

But this time, the werewolf clans need help. A strange sickness has struck their kind, driving many werewolves mad, attacking and killing everything in sight, including other werewolves. They don't know where this disease comes from, or how it spreads. But it must be stopped before it spreads any farther among the clans, and especially before it infects humans.

Kevin became a Hunter simply because he was invited to, and it gave him a chance to protect his Backstreet Brothers in an even greater way. Brian joined around the time they finished wrapping filming for the documentary. A bloodthirsty werewolf had made its way onto his property in Georgia and had tried to attack his family. If he hadn't had the silver dagger his father had given him the night before he and Leighanne had married, they would probably all be dead. He hadn't understood why his father had given him the dagger, or why he had said to keep it nearby at all times, but a feeling in his gut told Brian to do exactly what he said. And it's only this year, after he's become a full Hunter, that Brian learns that his father was a Hunter himself, and that part of the reason they were never close while Brian grew up was because his father was hunting werewolves. His father had hoped Brian wouldn't actually have to become a Hunter, but by giving Brian that dagger, he had prepared for the possibility.

The other BSB don't know about all this, but it's time to tell them. Because now that there are two Hunters in BSB, as well as Hunters in their security detail, the Boys are in greater danger.

How crazy is this, right?
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: BSB Werewolf Hunters
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:52 PM »

Cool idea!  I like that you would keep it BSB, not AU.  I feel like that helps to keep fantasy plots like this one grounded in reality.  I haven't seen many (any?) BSB werewolf fanfics, and if I have, they probably had the Boys becoming werewolves, not hunting them.  Of course, this idea has the potential for one of them to get bitten, which would be fun.  I love the idea of the mysterious disease spreading among werewolves, too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 07:00:27 AM »

Cool idea!  I like that you would keep it BSB, not AU.  I feel like that helps to keep fantasy plots like this one grounded in reality.  I haven't seen many (any?) BSB werewolf fanfics, and if I have, they probably had the Boys becoming werewolves, not hunting them.  Of course, this idea has the potential for one of them to get bitten, which would be fun.  I love the idea of the mysterious disease spreading among werewolves, too.

Thanks Julie. And you're right, there is the potential for one of them to get bitten. I'm still debating on whether that happens or not. Or even Leighanne (Brian's Leighanne, not Howie's) getting scratched to become a Hunter, whether accidentally or not.

I'm thinking that at the end, they and their families need to gather together in one place for safety, except for Brian and Kevin who have to go help stop werewolves. Depending on when I want to have this story take place, it could be in Vegas, or maybe they all gather at Brian's mansion, or somewhere else altogether.
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »

Vegas would make sense!
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »

Okay! Looks like I need to research the layout of Vegas.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »

Anybody happen to know where BSB and families were staying during the residency? I've heard that Nick actually moved his whole family to Vegas, at least for the residency. I'd like to have this as realistic as I can.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »

Rose lives there, so she knows Vegas well and may have an idea.  I'm not sure if she's been in this thread yet.  I know Nick and Lauren do have a house there and seem to be living there full time.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »

Anybody happen to know where BSB and families were staying during the residency? I've heard that Nick actually moved his whole family to Vegas, at least for the residency. I'd like to have this as realistic as I can.

Everyone but Nick rents houses out here. (AJ's mom Denise and her husband did move to Vegas, but not AJ) Nick actually bought a house and moved Lauren and Odin here. They live (this is half guessing, based on his videos cause the area looks very familiar to me) out by Summerlin which is say...20 mins away from the Strip. They live here full time, Nick got a Vegas driver's license this past year LOL. He said in a recent interview that he loves that there's no state tax here.

Also, I LOVE this werewolf hunting idea :).
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 04:09:38 PM »

Everyone but Nick rents houses out here. (AJ's mom Denise and her husband did move to Vegas, but not AJ) Nick actually bought a house and moved Lauren and Odin here. They live (this is half guessing, based on his videos cause the area looks very familiar to me) out by Summerlin which is say...20 mins away from the Strip. They live here full time, Nick got a Vegas driver's license this past year LOL. He said in a recent interview that he loves that there's no state tax here.

Also, I LOVE this werewolf hunting idea :).

Thanks Rose!

I'm not totally sure where I want to go with it. I know a cure needs to be found somehow for the werewolves. I need a good place for the families to gather for protection on what will probably be the final night of the problem, because safety in numbers. I want to show some training the Hunters might actually go through - maybe have one of the other Boys join up, or just take the training to be prepared. I know I'll need to nail down a timeline; I don't know how much time I want this novel to cover. I want some big tension between some of the werewolves and the Hunters/Brian & Kevin. I read recently about a myth of people becoming werewolves simply by wearing belts or skins made from wolves, so maybe I could throw that in there as a Hunter necessity, but the one that wears it is so traumatized by the experience that he refuses to do it again.

Wow. I actually want to do this. What else could I do with this?

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »

The more I think about this story, the more I think it's probably going to get intense. Yet, the more I watch YouTube videos of the Boys, they are total hams. Especially Brian. They take any opportunity they can to be funny. My trouble is, I can't write comedy. I just don't know how; it's not in me. Yet, I'm sure this story would need the occasional comic relief.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »

Comic relief is always welcome in an intense story like this one, but I don't think that requires whole comedic scenes, just funny lines here and there.  I don't consider myself a comedy writer either, but I usually manage to work in some comic relief through dialogue just by thinking about what the guys would say... or what I would say/think.  I don't usually plan it out in advance; it just comes to me in the moment. Brian and AJ are especially good for lightening the mood by making jokes.
~Julie

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »

Comic relief is always welcome in an intense story like this one, but I don't think that requires whole comedic scenes, just funny lines here and there.  I don't consider myself a comedy writer either, but I usually manage to work in some comic relief through dialogue just by thinking about what the guys would say... or what I would say/think.  I don't usually plan it out in advance; it just comes to me in the moment. Brian and AJ are especially good for lightening the mood by making jokes.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

What days of the week did they perform? I read somewhere that it was three days a week, so I want to be sure that I have them helping the Hunters at the right times, and even show skme training... that I have to create.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 12:49:43 AM »

Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 08:51:11 AM »

Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays :)

Thanks again!

Pages: [1] 2 3