Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 72742 times)
nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write

« Reply #1080 on: April 24, 2021, 11:59:00 AM »

Same on the anxiousness, Mare. I'm hoping it's a media thing as well, Julie, and not because the complications are more serious.

Oh AJ. Nick's a terrible liar and AJ is terrible at keeping a secret. Together they would be your worst nightmare, or comedy gold if it wasn't your secret. Howie is who I would share my secrets with.

I clicked the spoiler box because I couldn't resist (I love a good spoiler), then immediately felt disappointed while thinking "Aw, spoilers." I guess I did want to hear it from Nick after all, lol!

I also have been checking his twitter more than is typical for me. I hope they can go home today as well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 02:07:16 PM by nicksgal » Logged

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1081 on: April 24, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

I had already heard what he was having because of twitter, I was just more worried because he hadn’t said anything and even as everyone was reporting the birth like EW, People and Entertainment Tonight, they all just said baby Carter. I was happy that he posted an update. I just hate how vague he’s being. We’re not used to him being the vague. We’ve been spoiled by his oversharing of everything lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1082 on: April 24, 2021, 01:40:59 PM »

That's why I worried that he was worried, because of the vagueness. Still sending lots of good vibes and love!

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1083 on: April 24, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »

I know!  I kind of wish he hadn't said anything, but then we would all be wondering why he was so quiet.  I know we're not entitled to any details about what's going on, and I'm sure we'll get more information when they're out of the woods, but the vagueness is so frustrating.  I don't blame him; I can only imagine how hard this is for him, having to be the strong one for both Lauren and the baby while being away from the other kids. I hope they're able to go home today.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1084 on: April 24, 2021, 02:11:15 PM »

We're all worried on his behalf, so I'm sure that's a lot of why he is providing any updates at all, he's probably looking to his extended support system even though we can't physically do anything other than letting him know we're sending love. Hopefully it's helped him feel better and able to be the strong one for Lauren and the baby. I hope they get to go home today too. They probably all need a big family snuggle.

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1085 on: April 26, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »

Glad they finally got to go home! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Smiley

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1086 on: April 26, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »

I was so happy to see that!!  I actually checked social media at work, which I never do, just to see if he had posted anything.  Can't wait to find out baby girl's name and see a better picture of her!  Are we all assuming her middle name will be Reign, too, to keep the trend going?

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1087 on: April 26, 2021, 05:13:47 PM »

I did as well. We're terrible people, lol.

Ooh, I didn't even think about that, but I'd be willing to bet you're right.

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1088 on: April 26, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »

There's a nice little photo of Nick/Lauren/Baby on instagram, but no name news yet, not even in US Weekly's exclusive (with no new news, doesn't seem like much of an exclusive).

Being a celebrity is so weird, giving exclusive coverage rights to media outlets on life events...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:19:37 PM by nicksgal » Logged

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1089 on: April 26, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »

I did see that photo, which was adorable, but you can't really see much of the baby.  At least Lauren looks good, and Nick looks happy.

I wonder if they're saving the name announcement for a People exclusive LOL.  There must be a reason they're keeping that a secret for now.  I agree; it is weird, but if they can make money for the baby's college fund (or whatever) by selling a picture or sharing a name with a magazine, I guess why not?

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1090 on: April 26, 2021, 06:27:01 PM »

At least we know it's not a worst case scenario thing anymore and probably more of a media coverage thing.

I wish people wanted pictures of me when I needed to pay for college, lol. I'm not judging, I just would think I'd want a little more privacy for things like that, but why not. Make that money. Build an empire. Fine by me.

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1091 on: April 26, 2021, 06:38:55 PM »

It's a win-win for them - they can share their happy news with fans who are dying to hear it and make a little extra money in the process.  With as much as he shares, he would have shared a picture at some point anyway.

I appreciate how much more open the guys are about sharing pictures of their kids these days.  I know not everyone cares, but I always enjoy seeing them.  Remember how Brian and Leighanne shared next to no pictures of Baylee as a baby?  Hard to believe now LOL.  Kevin was also pretty private when Mason was born.  That's the time period I'm writing about now, when Mason was a baby, and I realized there are like no baby pictures of him online.  I totally understand them wanting to protect their kids' privacy, but I'm glad social media has made them more open.  And hopefully the fandom has moved past the days of kidnapping their dogs and crazy shit like that.  I'm sure that's why Brian and Leighanne was so protective of Baylee and also because he was the first Backstreet baby, so there was no precedent.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1092 on: April 26, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »

It's true. I like to think he considers all of us his big slightly removed family, like second cousins or something, lol.

I just like seeing our Boys happy. And if sharing things they do with their kids makes them happy, then I'm happy to see them share it.

I think that's exactly it, protecting the kids from the crazies. If people will kidnap your dogs, who's to say they wouldn't kidnap your child? I think they made the right choice for themselves at the time based on the information they had. I like to think there's not some people out there that have that level of craziness still, but I feel like if someone was willing to go through the effort of kidnapping a dog once, that doesn't just go away with age or being out of the heyday.

I know I never once considered that kidnapping their dogs would be a good idea. Moving to Florida/LA/Tennessee/etcetera to play the long game and win Nick's heart, absolutely. (It never got past the planning stages, lol.) Giving Nick PTSD in a fanfic, sure. Not sure where the line is there, lol. Now carving "MINE" into someone's arm, that's obviously crazy you can grow and move on from. lol Wink

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1093 on: April 26, 2021, 09:33:17 PM »

I think that's exactly it, protecting the kids from the crazies. If people will kidnap your dogs, who's to say they wouldn't kidnap your child? I think they made the right choice for themselves at the time based on the information they had. I like to think there's not some people out there that have that level of craziness still, but I feel like if someone was willing to go through the effort of kidnapping a dog once, that doesn't just go away with age or being out of the heyday.

Yes, very true.  I cringe a little every time Howie or Leigh posts a picture of one of their kids in his school uniform that has the name of the school on it because you never know what people will do.

I know I never once considered that kidnapping their dogs would be a good idea. Moving to Florida/LA/Tennessee/etcetera to play the long game and win Nick's heart, absolutely. (It never got past the planning stages, lol.) Giving Nick PTSD in a fanfic, sure. Not sure where the line is there, lol. Now carving "MINE" into someone's arm, that's obviously crazy you can grow and move on from. lol Wink

LOL!!  Yeah, I totally would have been the type of teenybopper to drive by their houses and pick their grass, but kidnapping dogs never would have crossed my mind.  I save the kidnapping for my fanfics.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1094 on: April 27, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

Yes, very true.  I cringe a little every time Howie or Leigh posts a picture of one of their kids in his school uniform that has the name of the school on it because you never know what people will do.

I hate everything about that. That's so identifiable!

LOL!!  Yeah, I totally would have been the type of teenybopper to drive by their houses and pick their grass, but kidnapping dogs never would have crossed my mind.  I save the kidnapping for my fanfics.

Oh for sure possibly pick up grass, but never dogs and only Boys in fanfics, lol.

Then again, Nick would be watching from the window crying. "Not that blade of grass! I loved it!" lol

~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 81
Print
Jump to: