Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 72185 times)
nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write

« Reply #1185 on: June 10, 2021, 07:56:19 PM »

I love bingo and boybands! If only I lived in LA and had more than a week's notice about it. Embarrassed

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1186 on: June 10, 2021, 08:18:57 PM »

Ah, I know!  If it was a full concert with all five BSB and no NSYNC members, I would have been much more tempted.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1187 on: June 10, 2021, 08:34:59 PM »

I would totally be down for BSB and Bingo! If they'd announced it a month ago, I may have looked into it more, but there's just no way in a week.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1188 on: June 10, 2021, 09:04:08 PM »

LOL Those boys... they tease a Christmas album for years, but announce an event that requires tickets and travel plans only a week in advance.  Silly Backstreet Time.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1189 on: June 10, 2021, 10:03:55 PM »

Silly Backstreet time indeed! I honestly feel like at one point they thought, "We should make a Christmas album. But, it's gotta be done with enough time to market it. So we should be done with it around June." Then June 3rd rolls around and they're like "Oh no, we missed June. Guess we'll have to try in July!" "Guys, it's only June 3rd." "No, it's already June, we missed June." But then they miss July and then obviously August is too late because they're busy celebrating Howie's birthday, then it's too close to the holidays, so they have to wait until next year, but can't start until they got through Brian's birthday... And so on until 2021 where they got really bored and finally finished it around June, lol.

And then there was all the touring and regular album releases and cruises and residencies, of course... But clearly those didn't keep them as busy as birthdays.

Well Backstreet Time states that "we're doing it for PRIDE, so we can't announce it until it's PRIDE." Makes sense to me! lol

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1190 on: June 10, 2021, 10:43:55 PM »

LOL I'm sure that's exactly what happened with the Christmas album!  At least we got some good content out of the pandemic - AJ on DWTS, Nick on The Masked Singer, a Christmas album (hopefully?), solo songs, and a new Backstreet baby!

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1191 on: June 10, 2021, 10:47:59 PM »

Backstreet time is like the worst combination of saying you'll do things on the hour, then missing it by two minutes and deciding it has to wait another hour and thinking about showering for hours, then getting mad when someone else gets in before you, lol.

We got some great content! No complaints from me! Although, is a Backstreet baby Backstreet content? Pearl isn't really a consumable... though I did see a fanfic on AO3 about Brian meeting her for the first time, so... maybe? lol

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1192 on: June 10, 2021, 11:17:19 PM »

LOL Yes, or like saying you'll start a new diet on Monday and then failing and waiting until the next Monday instead of just starting on Tuesday.

Well, we did get some excitement and something to talk about with Pearl, so I say she counts!  And I'm not sure Nick and Lauren would have made another baby had it not been for the pandemic and all that time at home together, but who knows.  She was a pleasant surprise to them too!

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1193 on: June 13, 2021, 12:20:01 PM »

Yes! Boys, it's okay to start a new album on a Tuesday at 2:23 in the afternoon! lol

An excellent point! I'm happy everything worked out for them.

I also realized this morning that we never discussed AJ's song here. Was there a twitter discussion I missed? lol

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1194 on: June 13, 2021, 06:16:56 PM »

Not really a discussion with all of us, just individual tweets.  I love it - the song, the video, all of the above!  But I'm also disappointed I can't buy it on Amazon Music yet.  I don't do iTunes.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #1195 on: June 16, 2021, 03:11:26 AM »

Pearl is such a an ‘I’m an old and lovable grandma who gives everyone hard candy when I meet them’ name lol

LMAO this comment.

Same could be said for my name, honestly.When people hear my full name, I get comments about how old fashioned it is all the time LOL.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1196 on: June 16, 2021, 03:14:18 AM »

This Christmas album better happen this year!!  They don't seem to have gotten together to record yet like they said they were doing "soon."  You've had all this time, Boys... get it done!  No excuses this year!

I heard last year they had recorded a song for a movie that was supposed to come out this year (spring, I thought), but I can't remember the name of the movie.  Rose is a lot better about keeping up with news and stuff like that, so she'll probably know.  Not surprising said movie also seems to be running on Backstreet time LOL.

Commenting on this old post to say it's a song called "Footprints" a shoddy version leaked but never got released. The movie got delayed.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1197 on: June 16, 2021, 03:14:40 AM »

I hope we'll see more seats available at decent prices as people request refunds!  Rose and I are wanting to buy tickets for the Michigan show now because that's the one between NY and Chicago, but all the decent seats are those platinum seats with the inflated prices.

I hope you do change your mind about NY, Tracy!  Or come to Chicago!

Dee, as much as I would love to go to Denver, I think I will be ready for a break by that point.  Rose and I will be spending like ten days together, most likely driving across the country and back in the other direction before that.  But some year, that would be a great place to meet up for a show!

Yeah at some point I'll have to go back to work lmao.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1198 on: June 16, 2021, 03:22:53 AM »

Yes! Boys, it's okay to start a new album on a Tuesday at 2:23 in the afternoon! lol

An excellent point! I'm happy everything worked out for them.

I also realized this morning that we never discussed AJ's song here. Was there a twitter discussion I missed? lol

I love AJ's song, it's really catchy but I'm mad I can't buy it on Amazon. I saw him sing it at this charity thing he did here in Vegas on the 5th. It was a short but cute set which ended up having Chris from NSYNC and Jeff from 98 Degrees joining in. It felt weird in a good way to be at a live show. Plus I ended up meeting Jeff after, which was cool. He's shorter than I realized LOL.

I'm going to Nick's bingo thing this week and the afterparty after. A few friends and I are driving out from Vegas to go and then crashing at a hotel for a night before coming back. I didn't think I could given the last minute notice but my boss let me move around my schedule. I think more because it's Father's Day weekend. I'm honestly thankful I have this to look forward to. I'll be back from LA by Saturday Night but at least I'll have spent the days before with friends watching BSBs and that'll help me get through the holiday. Plus the Trevor Project is one of my favorite charities so this benefiting them is definitely helpful in pushing me towards a "bad" life choice LOL.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1199 on: June 16, 2021, 03:37:10 PM »

LMAO this comment.

Same could be said for my name, honestly.When people hear my full name, I get comments about how old fashioned it is all the time LOL.

Old-fashioned names are back in!  At least the pretty ones, like Rose and Pearl.  I don't know of any babies being named things like Mildred, Gertrude, or Ethel, although I'm sure they exist LOL.  It's a nice contrast to all the Brynlees and Neveahs.

Commenting on this old post to say it's a song called "Footprints" a shoddy version leaked but never got released. The movie got delayed.

Thanks for the intel!  I hope they officially release the movie and song at some point.

Yeah at some point I'll have to go back to work lmao.

Damn work getting in the way of our BSB fun!

I'm going to Nick's bingo thing this week and the afterparty after. A few friends and I are driving out from Vegas to go and then crashing at a hotel for a night before coming back. I didn't think I could given the last minute notice but my boss let me move around my schedule. I think more because it's Father's Day weekend. I'm honestly thankful I have this to look forward to. I'll be back from LA by Saturday Night but at least I'll have spent the days before with friends watching BSBs and that'll help me get through the holiday. Plus the Trevor Project is one of my favorite charities so this benefiting them is definitely helpful in pushing me towards a "bad" life choice LOL.

This does not sound like a "bad" life choice to me at all!  You deserve to have some fun, especially this weekend.  And after working so hard this past year, you have every right to spend some fun money on yourself.  Enjoy!!!

~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]
Print
Jump to: