Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: New here  (Read 5390 times)

YoursTruly

• Fluffy Bunny
New here
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while and thought I would finally introduce myself. I've been hanging around this site for the last couple years as a reader (and reading fanfic off and on since the 90s) and toyed around with the idea of writing, but never seemed to have the time or the ideas.

I started writing a bit last summer but took a long break when life got busy. I'm trying to get back to it now, particularly as a way to take a creative break from the writing that I do as part of my job. I'm hoping that writing this first story may give me ideas for future ones!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hi!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum! I’m glad to hear you’re writing. I hope you’ll post on AC when you’re ready. So, what kind of stuff do you write? And what’s your name?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »

Welcome!  I'm glad you decided to post.  We can always use new people and new perspectives around here!  I hope you're able to get back into writing for fun!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

YoursTruly

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 08:56:06 PM »

Hey,

Thanks for the welcome! My name is Christy. I have an unfinished story up on AC, called The Sessions. I started a few chapters of it last summer and finally started writing a bit again this week. I'm hoping to stay more consistent with it, but we'll see what happens!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 09:03:46 PM »

I just discovered The Sessions and am really enjoying it so far!  Great premise for a story!  I had to laugh as Cammie was describing the day Millennium came out because that was so me, too!  I'm sure all of us who are of a certain age have very similar experiences.  Nick's line about Kevin almost qualifying for senior citizen discounts cracked me up, too.  I loved how, even though Cammie and Nick seemed to jive well in their first session, the second session didn't go so well.  The tension made it more realistic.  I love your writing and hope you can post more soon!
~Julie

YoursTruly

• Fluffy Bunny
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »

Thanks for the positive feedback! I was always stuck as to how to approach the story, but the therapy process is familiar to me, so it made sense to use that as a way into the story. I'm just trying to keep it interesting, because 45 minutes worth of actual therapy is mostly boring to read lol. It turns out that people rarely speak in full, coherent sentences, which isn't much fun to read!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 02:54:25 AM »

You're welcome!  I wondered if you had some experience with therapy because it seemed believable to me!  When I read the summary, I had the same thought, that reading about a bunch of therapy sessions may be kind of boring, but I gave it a chance anyway, and you hooked me.  I don't think it's boring at all, and the dialogue sounds realistic.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 05:05:59 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I’m Tracy!!!

elleinad

• Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 01:08:32 PM »

welcome! I am going to find your story now!