Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86895 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2020, 04:58:31 AM »

Well we now have the highest deaths in Europe, which is shocking :( I think Wales has the lowest in the UK though, which is something to be thankful for.

No sign of lockdown ending and it's been over six weeks now. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2020, 11:05:51 AM »

We’re one of the only states still in lockdown. Phase one for NY starts on the 15th if numbers are still declining. Up here in western NY our numbers keep going up though.

It seems like all the countries are taking turns with being the highest numbers. Hopefully the murder hornets will stay away from Wales!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »

Quebec have the most high number of cases in Canada and we have almost 50 thousand cases. People don’t respect the lockdown more and more with the time.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:54 PM »

Sorry, everyone!  Our stay-at-home order is still in effect until the end of May, but our governor did announce a five-phase plan to reopen the state.  We're currently in Phase 2.  In Phase 3, gatherings of up to 10 people will be allowed, and we have to get to Phase 4 to be able to go back to school or have gatherings of up to 50 people.  Big events like concerts won't happen until Phase 5, and I doubt that will be this summer.  They're also going to allow different regions of the state to be in different phases, depending on the numbers in that region, so it's likely my part of the state will gradually go back to "normal" before Chicago just because we have fewer people and significantly fewer cases.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2020, 03:50:24 AM »

I wish they would do it by region here, but doesn't seem that they are.  Some parts of the country have very little, while others have very high cases.  Our PM is making announcements on the weekend about easing out of lockdown.  Work have told us we will probably be going back in about four weeks, some have started going back this week, but that's because it's harder for them to work from home.

I don't think my daughter will be going back to college this school year though, but we will see.

My son is finding it hard being completely on his own, he lives about 20 miles away and isn't working at the moment due to the restaurant being closed.  He is getting 80% of his pay, which is a good thing, but he's lonely and bored without his work.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2020, 10:14:37 AM »

That’s what they’re doing here. By region and in phases. My sister was told to stay home until the end of May and then they’d reassess. This country is opening up too fast and we’re going to be back at square one within a few weeks.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »

I wish they would do it by region here, but doesn't seem that they are.  Some parts of the country have very little, while others have very high cases.  Our PM is making announcements on the weekend about easing out of lockdown.  Work have told us we will probably be going back in about four weeks, some have started going back this week, but that's because it's harder for them to work from home.

I don't think my daughter will be going back to college this school year though, but we will see.

My son is finding it hard being completely on his own, he lives about 20 miles away and isn't working at the moment due to the restaurant being closed.  He is getting 80% of his pay, which is a good thing, but he's lonely and bored without his work.

Aww, I’m sure it’s hard being stuck in lockdown alone, especially if you’re a social person. I could easily do it but I’m sure most would have difficulties. I’m a mole woman lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2020, 10:38:30 PM »

Aww, I’m sure it’s hard being stuck in lockdown alone, especially if you’re a social person. I could easily do it but I’m sure most would have difficulties. I’m a mole woman lol

This whole situation definitely favors those of us who are homebodies and introverts anyway.  I rarely get lonely, bored, or stir-crazy.  I'm completely content in quarantine and enjoying the fact that it's finally socially acceptable to be a hermit.  I do miss being able to go out to eat and do stuff with family and friends, but we've been having virtual happy hours about once a week, and that's been a good way to catch up.  Half my friends are online anyway, so no change there.  I feel for people who are more extroverted and like being busy because I know this is much harder on them.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2020, 02:41:52 PM »

Heyyy it has been a minute!

Sorry to see that some of us are having such a rough time with this. Especially in Quebec - everytime I see the news about things over there I get so sad. You are two provinces over from me (I am in Manitoba for those who don't know) and the situation could not be more different. We have 30 active cases and have successfully been flattening our curve for the last 6 weeks or so. Things are slowly starting to open back up. Still not sure how I feel about that. Sadly, the re-opening does not include being able to go visit family or anything like that. But we have been having "distancing beers" with my father in law which has been really nice. We are also going to have a "distancing lunch" with my mother in law tomorrow for mother's day. My mum and dad are pretty worried so we haven't done anything like that with them. Some days I have driven over to their place and they visit with Liam through the window of my car. We do pick up groceries for them and my Grandma every couple of weeks as my sister lives a couple hours out of town.

Very challenging time for my husband and I as we have a three month old. I am personally quite extroverted (as I am sure a lot of you know who have met me in person lol) so this is... quite rough. I was feeling quite isolated from world before this having been on mat leave and not really knowing what to do with myself.

Has BSB postponed their summer tour? I haven't been keeping up with them much. I had tickets to see the 3 1D guys who are touring North America solo this summer -- Niall cancelled his tour completely, Louis has postponed indefinitely and Harry hasn't said a word yet but I assume it's gonna be postponed as well. We have tickets to Harry's show in Vegas and a TON of my 1D friends were going to be there. It was sort of going to be like the BSB cruise where a bunch of people who hadn't met in person were finally going to meet after talking online for a long time. Naturally I was dragging Julia with me LOL. Quite disappointing to have that be pushed back but obviously it makes sense. Niall's second album was actually released the day that everything went upside down over here, it was so weird. Like one half of my twitter timeline that week the world was slowly shutting down, the other half was losing their minds over all his promo stuff he was doing. He was doing an album release show in LA that night (March 13) and I knew some people flying to LA for that show. In between the time they boarded the plane and landed the show went from still being on to being cancelled and Niall went home to the UK. Crazy!! We got four albums from those guys in the space of four months so it's nice to at least have new music to tide us over during this weird time.

I also couldn't quite believe it when they closed the Canada/USA border except to trade. Historic, for sure. I don't even think they did that in the days after 9/11. Not that I'd be crossing the border right now, but I live 45 minutes from North Dakota, I have spent a lot of time there in my life and it's so weird to think I'm not allowed in!!

Hope everyone in here continues to be safe and well.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2020, 03:08:37 PM »

Yes Quebec is very bad right now and now I hope our prime minister close everything again to stop the virus continue to increase again. I live an hour for Montreal and this is like the worst place to live right now. Because of my health I cannot go out at all and I begin my 3 months inside my home.

I don’t think the show in Montreal gonna happen because Bell center gonna be close until 2021 and all theater, show center are close in Quebec for the rest of the year.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:11:29 PM by Mistral »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2020, 04:15:17 PM »

Hey Steph! Welcome back and congrats on baby Liam. He’s adorable!

BSB has postponed their Australia and New Zealand dates, but as far as I know, they haven’t really made a call about everything else. I was supposed to go see them in September which would’ve been the first time in years. I’m sure that’s most likely not going to happen. It seems like most concerts are postponing for an exact year to the date so maybe that’s what BSB and the 1D guys will end up doing as well.

I have noticed a new thing on FB were the MAGATs are now complaining how certain things are being taken off Facebook that contradict the stay at home orders. Why are people so dumb! The thing is, I’ve seen some pretty smart people posting crap like that! 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »

NY is going to start there phase one opening on the 15th, but we were just notified that Buffalo will not be part of that because our numbers are still going up. Our county has the second highest number of cases so we have to wait longer.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2020, 12:09:11 AM »

Welcome back, Steph!  Good to see you on here.

I think the Boys are waiting until they have rescheduled dates to make an announcement about the North American tour, like they did with Australia.  AJ mentioned in an interview last week that their plan is to reschedule, not outright cancel, any dates that they have to.  Nothing about the North American tour specifically.  I bet it will be June before we get an official announcement, but I'm expecting it to be postponed.  Disappointing, but I'd rather wait another year and still have BSB events to look forward to than have it completely cancelled.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2020, 01:16:35 AM »

Welcome back, Steph!  Good to see you on here.

I think the Boys are waiting until they have rescheduled dates to make an announcement about the North American tour, like they did with Australia.  AJ mentioned in an interview last week that their plan is to reschedule, not outright cancel, any dates that they have to.  Nothing about the North American tour specifically.  I bet it will be June before we get an official announcement, but I'm expecting it to be postponed.  Disappointing, but I'd rather wait another year and still have BSB events to look forward to than have it completely cancelled.

I haven't heard anything officially but I'm pretty sure that's the case. AJ is saying postponed and they didn't announce the Aussie leg delay till they had all their ducks lined up in a row. So I bet they'll announce it once all the new dates are locked in.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2020, 05:46:49 AM »

Welcome back Steph :)  Harry has rescheduled his tour here for next year, my daughter and her friends were due to go to the show in April, they were gutted but at least their tickets will be transferred to the new date.  Hope you get some news about rescheduled dates soon too.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23