Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86961 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »

Hey Steph! Welcome back and congrats on baby Liam. He’s adorable!

BSB has postponed their Australia and New Zealand dates, but as far as I know, they haven’t really made a call about everything else. I was supposed to go see them in September which would’ve been the first time in years. I’m sure that’s most likely not going to happen. It seems like most concerts are postponing for an exact year to the date so maybe that’s what BSB and the 1D guys will end up doing as well.

I have noticed a new thing on FB were the MAGATs are now complaining how certain things are being taken off Facebook that contradict the stay at home orders. Why are people so dumb! The thing is, I’ve seen some pretty smart people posting crap like that! 

Thanks Mare :) Yeah, we kinda like him haha!

Ughhh the MAGA people on FB... don't even get me started lol. They're bad here too, and there was a rally at our legislature on Saturday with people wearing MAGA hats. You live in Canada, idiots! I've seen people I previously thought were pretty smart posting about how the virus was lab created etc etc... I just have to shake my head because there is no point arguing with that level of stupidity. I am sure it stems out of feeling like you have no control in the situation and wanting to have some level of it, but damn that is not the way LOL
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2020, 09:41:26 AM »

Welcome back Steph :)  Harry has rescheduled his tour here for next year, my daughter and her friends were due to go to the show in April, they were gutted but at least their tickets will be transferred to the new date.  Hope you get some news about rescheduled dates soon too.

Thank you :) Yeah I'd seen that about the Europe dates! I had friends who were planning to go to the London show and they had to push their travel plans back. I think Louis did the same with rescheduling Europe because I had another friend who was going to travel from the US to go to all his UK/Europe dates and he posted they were rescheduled I think a day or two before she was supposed to fly out. Crazy. I am sure Harry's show will be fun when Holly does get to go though! He did manage a couple shows before this all went down and the tour looks insane, good setlist, stage design etc. His shows are definitely the best I've seen out of the lot of them.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2020, 10:17:46 AM »

Thank you :) Yeah I'd seen that about the Europe dates! I had friends who were planning to go to the London show and they had to push their travel plans back. I think Louis did the same with rescheduling Europe because I had another friend who was going to travel from the US to go to all his UK/Europe dates and he posted they were rescheduled I think a day or two before she was supposed to fly out. Crazy. I am sure Harry's show will be fun when Holly does get to go though! He did manage a couple shows before this all went down and the tour looks insane, good setlist, stage design etc. His shows are definitely the best I've seen out of the lot of them.

I'm sure his shows will be amazing when you eventually get to see him, he seems like more of a showman than the others, although I'm also loving Niall's music too.  Holly is hoping for a 1D reunion some day. 

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »

I'm sure his shows will be amazing when you eventually get to see him, he seems like more of a showman than the others, although I'm also loving Niall's music too.  Holly is hoping for a 1D reunion some day. 

Yeah I like Niall's music more than Harry's since it leans a bit more pop, but Harry's live shows were way more fun last time around for sure. I have seen some stuff swirling around about a reunion or sorts for their 10 year anniversary in July but I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial. Maybe by the time the 20 year hits they'll all be able to agree on reunion terms lol
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2020, 10:13:39 PM »

It's just boring,boring,boring around here! :'(

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

It’s boring here too!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:28 AM »

I'm really not finding this lockdown hard at all.  I know a lot of people do seem to be struggling, and that is awful for you if you aren't managing very well.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2020, 04:04:28 AM »

Yeah I like Niall's music more than Harry's since it leans a bit more pop, but Harry's live shows were way more fun last time around for sure. I have seen some stuff swirling around about a reunion or sorts for their 10 year anniversary in July but I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial. Maybe by the time the 20 year hits they'll all be able to agree on reunion terms lol

Yes, I suppose we will have to see what happens regarding a reunion.  But like you say, can't see anything much for July

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2020, 06:15:01 AM »

I’m more anxious about the reopening than I am about the lockdown. By the time this is over, my car registration and inspection will be expired which means the hassle of switching over to NY will be a huge hassle.

I’m not a huge fan of people so this has been nice lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »

That sounds like a hassle Mare :(  Cars are a pain in the arse at the best of times lol (well in my case that is)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »

I really want to sell it and be done but I am still paying the stupid thing off. I barely drive! It’s such a waste of my money.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2020, 06:54:24 AM »

Wow yes, that is a complete waste of money then.  Hope you haven't got too much left to pay off.  I'm hardly driving mine at the moment due to working from home, so haven't had to put any petrol in for two months, so it's saving me some money at least.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2020, 05:48:00 AM »

See I'm on the other end. I wish I could be bored LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »

Wow yes, that is a complete waste of money then.  Hope you haven't got too much left to pay off.  I'm hardly driving mine at the moment due to working from home, so haven't had to put any petrol in for two months, so it's saving me some money at least.

Same! My car has only been driven twice since February and one of those times was my sister using it. I haven’t put gas in since early January. Lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2020, 12:13:38 AM »

I went almost two months without having to fill up my tank too - so nice!  Except since demand is down, gas prices have gone way down too... I'm sure they'll go right back up again once people are getting out more.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23