Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86939 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2020, 10:03:27 PM »

That is sad, but probably a smart decision.  We don't want anyone spreading it from country to country or getting stranded far away from home if we were to open up, then have to go back under quarantine.  There were already foreign exchange students who couldn't go back home because of travel bans.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »

Well, it's official:  the North American leg of the tour has been postponed too.  I knew it was probably coming and think it's the right decision, but it's still disappointing to hear.  I'm glad they're going to reschedule though.  Hopefully we get some new dates in the announcement next week.

Mare, do you think this is all because you were actually going to go to a show for the first time in years?  Or is it because I faked sick to stay home from work to buy these tickets because no one else could?  LOL I'm kidding, but ugh... I should have known it was all too good to be true!

A little from column A and a little from column B
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2020, 10:09:53 PM »

Same thing for Montreal it’s said that it is cancel. I hope we are gonna have another date next year.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2020, 10:11:24 PM »

From what I've seen people sharing on Facebook, they all say cancelled right now.  I think it's just because they haven't announced the rescheduled dates yet.

2020 is no one's year.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2020, 10:21:01 PM »

Yeah 2020 sucks a lot! Because of that stupid covid-19 I cannot leave the house at all because I’m a risk because of my illness. I’m stuck between the four walls of my home since march.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2020, 06:10:39 AM »

Over here things are a little different between the countries.  England are allowed to travel anywhere in England for exercise etc, but have to stay in their own houses overnight.  They are also allowed to meet up with one other person from outside of their home.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are still on the stricter lockdown.  We aren't allowed to travel anywhere apart from essential stuff like food.  Not allowed to meet up with anyone outside of our homes.  Some places are starting to re-open again, like DIY shops and a few takeaways.  We are allowed out for exercise more than once a day now, which is great.

Shame about all the cancelled tours, hopefully they will be re-arranged after this pandemic is over.  I was due to be seeing Westlife next month, that was cancelled and refunded while other shows were rescheduled in other parts of the UK.  I'm also due to be seeing Phantom of the Opera in December and have wanted to see it for years!  I bet that will also be cancelled :(

I think I may have jinxed this year too!  On 1st January I said this was going to be a great year with lots to look forward to.  I should have kept quiet lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2020, 06:43:37 AM »

We are in phase one of reopening here and one of things open are shops with curbside pickup. How the hell? I mean I get food curbside pickup but how do you go shopping for everything else with curbside pickup? I mean besides the big chains like Wal-Mart and Target. These smaller shops without even a website are opening up for curbside pickup. “Yeah, I want that one thing hanging on the third rack. That one.” Wtf?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »

The closed borders are having an Effect on Buffalonians who regularly commute across the border for work. I think it’s a good idea though.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »

Over here things are a little different between the countries.  England are allowed to travel anywhere in England for exercise etc, but have to stay in their own houses overnight.  They are also allowed to meet up with one other person from outside of their home.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are still on the stricter lockdown.  We aren't allowed to travel anywhere apart from essential stuff like food.  Not allowed to meet up with anyone outside of our homes.  Some places are starting to re-open again, like DIY shops and a few takeaways.  We are allowed out for exercise more than once a day now, which is great.

Shame about all the cancelled tours, hopefully they will be re-arranged after this pandemic is over.  I was due to be seeing Westlife next month, that was cancelled and refunded while other shows were rescheduled in other parts of the UK.  I'm also due to be seeing Phantom of the Opera in December and have wanted to see it for years!  I bet that will also be cancelled :(

I think I may have jinxed this year too!  On 1st January I said this was going to be a great year with lots to look forward to.  I should have kept quiet lol

That seems strange that England has looser restrictions than the rest of the U.K.  I would have guessed it would be the other way around, since England has a much higher population than the other three countries.  Doesn't seem fair to Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland!

I said in the other thread I'm not superstitious, but this was my thirteenth year of teaching, and I remember thinking at the beginning of the school year, "Hm... is it going to be a lucky 13 or an unlucky 13?"  I had a pretty good class this year, but I guess it turned out to be unlucky. :(  As for 2020... ugh.  This year sucks.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »

We are in phase one of reopening here and one of things open are shops with curbside pickup. How the hell? I mean I get food curbside pickup but how do you go shopping for everything else with curbside pickup? I mean besides the big chains like Wal-Mart and Target. These smaller shops without even a website are opening up for curbside pickup. “Yeah, I want that one thing hanging on the third rack. That one.” Wtf?

I'm not sure how that would work without a website or at least a Facebook page.  How do you even know what there is to order for pick-up? LOL  For stores that already have a website, it's not much different than online shopping.  You can just order online and pick it up at the store instead of paying for shipping, and it will be quicker if it's something they already have in stock. 
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »

My state hasn't made a call yet about school for the fall yet. Nevada is weird cause I mean it's 90% rural and then Vegas and Reno lol. So the cities tend to be smarter but we do have our share of Trump morons who want their freedom *eye roll*. We're going to be hit hard because tourism is our lifeblood so even after we reopen it's going to hurt cause who is going to travel when there's no shows or anything? Nightclubs are saying they won't reopen till 2021. I guess you can come here to gamble? LOL. And we do have gorgeous nature but that's not why people come to Vegas lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »

Here in Quebec the high school, cegep and university their students gonna study online in the fall.
The little school gonna open, but don’t know how they gonna do to receive all the kids.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2020, 04:44:18 AM »

That seems strange that England has looser restrictions than the rest of the U.K.  I would have guessed it would be the other way around, since England has a much higher population than the other three countries.  Doesn't seem fair to Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland!

I said in the other thread I'm not superstitious, but this was my thirteenth year of teaching, and I remember thinking at the beginning of the school year, "Hm... is it going to be a lucky 13 or an unlucky 13?"  I had a pretty good class this year, but I guess it turned out to be unlucky. :(  As for 2020... ugh.  This year sucks.

It is strange considering England has had a much higher death toll than the rest of the UK.  Our lockdown gets reviewed on 28th so we'll see what happens then, but I don't expect much to change, maybe a few more shops will open.

A few drive through McDonalds re-opened in the south of England, the news showed queues for miles!  People must be mad waiting that long just for burgers lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2020, 08:14:14 AM »

Especially McDonalds lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2020, 01:49:14 PM »

It is strange considering England has had a much higher death toll than the rest of the UK.  Our lockdown gets reviewed on 28th so we'll see what happens then, but I don't expect much to change, maybe a few more shops will open.

A few drive through McDonalds re-opened in the south of England, the news showed queues for miles!  People must be mad waiting that long just for burgers lol

Wow, that's crazy!  Most restaurants here with drive-thru or takeout never closed down (just can't dine in), but our governor announced restaurants can open up outdoor seating starting next Friday, so I imagine those places will be crazy.  I'm going to stay away until it calms down.  I did hear Starbucks drive-thru lines have been crazy since they opened back up, as most of them around here were closed initially.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23