Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86921 times)

balance

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2020, 07:18:20 PM »

I really do wish we would split into two separate countries - peacefully, without a Civil War this time.  Let the south/red states secede; they can fly their Confederate flags and idolize their statues and spread their germs and pay ridiculous prices for healthcare and insurance and keep Trump as their president, while the Union enjoys equal rights and universal healthcare and elects a decent person to lead us.

Hey!  I live in one of those red states and not all of us are like that!
Pammy Whammy

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2020, 07:22:57 PM »

I'd been out of school since 13 March.  Finally got to go back the last week in May to clean my computer lab and to help take up equipment.  Now, I'm worried because there are so many questions about the fall, I'm not sure I will have a job because I'm a related arts teacher.
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2020, 08:31:53 PM »

^ I feel you on that one. All the arts teachers I know are really worried about their fate next year. Talk is there are already so many adjustments that taking the arts away for a year might be the answer. I hope that’s not the case and everything works out so that people will be back in their classrooms instead of having to do any remote learning.

And nice to see you posting, Pam!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:33:46 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2020, 08:54:59 PM »

We need to create a new forum before this one stop working to continue to keep contact with everyone here.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2020, 10:31:12 PM »

I’m pretty sure this board will be fine. It’s separate from the actual site. At least I think it is.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2020, 11:56:38 PM »

Hey!  I live in one of those red states and not all of us are like that!

No offense intended; you can stay in the Union!  I feel you; I live in a blue state, but that's only because of Chicago - central Illinois, where I live, is more red.  I'm surrounded by idiots who call those who wear masks sheep and display yard signs saying our governor sucks for trying to keep people safe.  *facepalm*
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2020, 12:01:07 AM »

I'd been out of school since 13 March.  Finally got to go back the last week in May to clean my computer lab and to help take up equipment.  Now, I'm worried because there are so many questions about the fall, I'm not sure I will have a job because I'm a related arts teacher.

It's frustrating not knowing what things will look like in the fall.  I hope you'll be able to keep your job!  I don't see my district trying to cut the arts program, even if we do have to start the year online.  It's too important.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2020, 12:03:42 AM »

If anything were to happen to this board, I've still got my old site's forum we could use.

https://dreamsanctuary.proboards.com/
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2020, 08:56:03 AM »

I signed up for that Julie, I think I had an account years ago but couldn't remember my username or password.

I also hate people going the wrong way down the one way system in the supermarket.  We have arrows and blockades in place in the shops here too, but the amount of people I see ignoring it is so annoying.  Most seem to follow the rules, but you do always get some who blatantly ignore it.  It's usually old people and men I've found!  The old people don't even stay 2m away either, it's like they don't realise there is a global pandemic! 

I also tend to go shopping when it's quiet, if I see a big queue then I just drive to another shop or go home. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »

The old people are the worst!!  I can't tell if they're clueless or just don't care.  I wanna be like, "You realize you're the most at risk and the main reason we have all these precautions in place, right??  Wake up, people!"
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »

I can sympathize a bit with the older people. My grandma can barely see so she always goes the wrong way in the grocery store. She also said she was done with social distancing and she wants to still see us (I am also done with it but we had decided not to pressure her at all because obviously she’s highest at risk) and she basically said “I’m 93, I’ve lived my live, I want to see my great grand babies.” I get it, for us it’s like okay if we have to stay separate there’s a fairly high chance well all still be around in a year. At 93, that is not a guarantee at all.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »

The old people are the worst!!  I can't tell if they're clueless or just don't care.  I wanna be like, "You realize you're the most at risk and the main reason we have all these precautions in place, right??  Wake up, people!"

My dad is going insane. He's listening and staying home but he's hating it lol. But he also sees the videos of people not being careful and says they're stupid lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »

I especially feel bad for the older people stuck in nursing homes. I mean, those places are so dreary and depressing to begin with, let alone not being allowed to have visitors. I see why older people have that attitude where they feel like “I’m old, I have lived a good life! So I’m just going to go out and do what I want!” But there are high risk people who aren’t older and you can get them sick too, not to mention your own family. It sucks but that’s the way it goes. I know it’s been a long time, but it’s going to be even longer if people don’t keep up with wearing masks and staying inside.

Supposedly there are a whole gaggle of morons already waiting to get into orange hitlers rally on Saturday. I mean... come on! Seriously?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 04:23:59 PM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2020, 07:30:13 PM »

I can sympathize a bit with the older people. My grandma can barely see so she always goes the wrong way in the grocery store. She also said she was done with social distancing and she wants to still see us (I am also done with it but we had decided not to pressure her at all because obviously she’s highest at risk) and she basically said “I’m 93, I’ve lived my live, I want to see my great grand babies.” I get it, for us it’s like okay if we have to stay separate there’s a fairly high chance well all still be around in a year. At 93, that is not a guarantee at all.

My grandma is the same way.  We stayed away from her the first two months so as not to risk exposing her, but by May, she was done with it all, so we started visiting her again at her request.  She even had me take her grocery shopping a few weeks ago because she was going stir-crazy and wanted to get out of the house.  I kept telling her I would go get her groceries myself or she could wait in the car, but she insisted on going in with me.  I do get it; she's 86 and doesn't want to waste the rest of her life sitting around her house all by herself.  To her, it's worth the risk to see people and go places when she can.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2020, 04:25:56 AM »

My mum is 69 and hasn't been out since lockdown as she was one of the people who had a letter saying she had to shield at home for 12 weeks (which has now been extended until August).  She had breast cancer and finished her radiotherapy a few weeks before lockdown, so she doesn't want to risk getting Covid.  So she's getting her shopping online and we are visiting her but staying two metres away and standing in the garden.

I understand that some older people probably think they would rather risk it and go out and about, but they should also consider others and keep their distance in shops.  My sister had some old woman cough in her face when she was food shopping, and a few days later my sister became very unwell with Covid.  Luckily she didn't need to go to hospital, but she very nearly ended up there as she has a lot of other health problems.  If only the old woman had worn a mask or even kept her distance then she wouldn't have infected anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23