Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86888 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2020, 05:13:00 AM »

That is awful that your sister got it that way!  Gross old lady.  My grandma at least wears a mask.  People like your mom are exactly why we need to continue to follow the guidelines.  The virus is more likely to spread through droplets in the air than touching solid surfaces, which is why masks and social distancing help.  I wish more people understood that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2020, 07:48:12 AM »

I’m glad your sister is doing better. Yuck to that lady!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2020, 09:57:13 AM »

Thanks, yes glad she's better now.

Julie, I wish more people understood too, but people are idiots aren't they.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

Yes they are.  Just got back from the grocery store and felt like I was the only one following the arrows the right way down the aisles.  Come on, people, it's really not that difficult to follow directions!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »

Ugh! So gross. Glad your sister is okay.

Honestly I've offended people by keeping a distance but I don't care. Like I've been working this whole time and I'm going to keep being careful so I don't catch it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »

Glad your sister is okay Steph. That is gross when people don't wear a mask and just show no regard for others.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »

So apparently 6 people on Trump’s team have tested positive for COVID ahead of his klandemic rally tonight. Should we start a pool on how many people will be infected as a result of this stupid rally?

Morons
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »

I saw that too!  Not a good sign, but it's about what I expected.  Klandemic LOL - that is perfect!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2020, 06:36:39 PM »

So apparently 6 people on Trump’s team have tested positive for COVID ahead of his klandemic rally tonight. Should we start a pool on how many people will be infected as a result of this stupid rally?

Morons

LMAO at Klandemic. I've been calling it Covidfest.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2020, 04:27:34 AM »

Young people of the world...I salute you!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2020, 11:11:53 AM »

Yes!  Super proud of the TikTok kids for trolling Trump.  Well done!  Let's hope all the ones who are eligible go vote in November.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2020, 02:50:29 AM »

Do you really think he would be elected again?  Has he got that much of a following?  I don't know anything about American politics, so not sure how it works there, but he seems such a bad leader that I'm shocked he's still in power and people would even consider voting him in again.  As for people on his team with Covid, I bet he's got them injecting disinfectant lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »

Do you really think he would be elected again?  Has he got that much of a following?  I don't know anything about American politics, so not sure how it works there, but he seems such a bad leader that I'm shocked he's still in power and people would even consider voting him in again.  As for people on his team with Covid, I bet he's got them injecting disinfectant lol

No one believed he could be elected in the first place so I think it’s definitely possible! And I’m sure republican states will do whatever they can to make it as difficult as possible for liberals to vote.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »

I can vouch for the fact that no one thought he would actually get elected in the first place.  I sure didn't.  I have lost so much faith in my country and humanity in general over the last four years.

That being said, only about half the country actually voted in 2016, so if there is better voter turnout this time, especially among young people and minorities, that should give Biden an advantage over Trump.  But like Julilly said, the Republicans will do everything in their power to prevent them from voting.

Trump does still have quite the following, and they're a frighteningly devoted bunch!  I don't understand it at all.  I wish they would all follow his advice and inject disinfectant!

I asked my dad yesterday who he's going to vote for in November.  He's always been a Republican, but he didn't vote in the last presidential election because he didn't want to vote for Trump... but also couldn't bring himself to vote for Hillary.  He said this time he's going to vote for Biden.  My grandparents, who were also longtime Republicans, became Democrats during the Obama era and find Trump despicable.  So there is hope!

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 02:16:31 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2020, 04:11:04 PM »

I get asked this question a lot from my non American friends. We actually tried to get him out of office. He was impeached but at this point the Republican Party is so corrupt that they voted to keep him in office. I am positive he has Manila envelopes full of nasty, dark things he’s holding against a lot of these people.

Trump and his cronies will do anything they can to win this election in November. He’s already claiming that the election is rigged and how mail in ballots are bad, setting the stage for some kind of uprise when he does actually lose in November. One thing’s for sure, the orange hitler is not going to go quietly.

I do feel like he’s going to lose. It seems like people who voted for Trump last tine, thinking that Hillary was the worst of two evils have figured out that perhaps they were wrong. Biden isn’t as off putting as she was.

Trump does have a big base but thankfully they’re also really ignorant and I’m hoping this virus will help bring their numbers down. That may seem horrible to say, but I’ve had it lol
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23