Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86894 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »

Come to live in Canada we have a safe country here! We have beautiful landscape, people are very warm, our country have laws against firearm.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2020, 05:27:58 PM »

I would love to!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »

In Quebec we search for teacher because school doesn’t have enough staff for the baby-boom we have right now. Just last year in my little city they build a school for kids and we are gonna need a new high school very soon.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »

There is a worsening teacher shortage across the U.S. too.  I would love to move to Canada, but realistically, I wouldn't want to find a different job, sell my house, or move that far away from my family.  Plus, I bet I would need to know French to teach in Quebec.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »

Not at all because we have many english school because Quebec is an bilingual province.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »

That's good to know!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

Well, from the looks of it I'm not going to be doing anything for awhile. Vegas opened up our freaking waterpark today and of course people aren't distancing or being careful. Meanwhile we're spiking. Florida is looking really bad too. 2020 sucks LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »

Yikes!

Illinois is on track to move into Phase 4 on Friday, which is good news because it allows for gatherings of up to 50 people... meaning as long as we don't backtrack, schools should be able to open in the fall.  Fingers crossed.  Of course, the idiots here are still giving our governor a hard time, not realizing that the reason we're still moving forward with fewer cases while other states are spiking is because of how he's handled things.  Even Chicago meets the criteria to move forward, which is awesome!

I actually have plans to go out for dinner, drinks, and trivia with a few friends tomorrow!  At a real restaurant!  Outdoors, of course.  I haven't been out to eat in over three months, so I'm looking forward to it.  I think restaurants will be able to open for indoor dining (with reduced capacity, party limits, and tables six feet apart) after Friday.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2020, 11:49:35 PM »

Yikes!

Illinois is on track to move into Phase 4 on Friday, which is good news because it allows for gatherings of up to 50 people... meaning as long as we don't backtrack, schools should be able to open in the fall.  Fingers crossed.  Of course, the idiots here are still giving our governor a hard time, not realizing that the reason we're still moving forward with fewer cases while other states are spiking is because of how he's handled things.  Even Chicago meets the criteria to move forward, which is awesome!

I actually have plans to go out for dinner, drinks, and trivia with a few friends tomorrow!  At a real restaurant!  Outdoors, of course.  I haven't been out to eat in over three months, so I'm looking forward to it.  I think restaurants will be able to open for indoor dining (with reduced capacity, party limits, and tables six feet apart) after Friday.

I'm very jealous LOL. Some stuff opened back up in Phase 2 but so many are just being careless I decided to wait it out and I'm glad I did. Cause man it got bad fast. We went too fast and now we're suffering the consequences for it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2020, 12:01:54 AM »

I hope you guys don't have to backtrack in Vegas, but I guess it's better to shut it down if it continues to get worse than let it spiral out of control.  I know this is especially hard on places that rely so much on tourism, which is why Florida's in the same boat.  (Also, Florida's full of idiots. There's a reason "Florida Man" is a thing...)
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2020, 05:25:48 AM »

Over here the level has changed meaning that shops have now re-opened with social distancing measures and schools are set to go back next week, but only part time.  I don't think pubs and restaurants are opening for another 2-3 weeks.  England tends to open up before the rest of the UK, so we'll see.  As the shops only opened yesterday, I'm avoiding until it all calms down.

Enjoy your meal and drinks out Julie, that will be lovely :)  I can't wait until I can do that with my friends, not been out with them since the beginning of March.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2020, 06:42:55 AM »

Have fun, Julie! That should be nice being around your friends. I think I’m still avoiding going to restaurants or beauty salons for awhile. I have also been postponing going to the eye doctor or getting bloodwork done.

Pretty much everything is opening up here. I feel like we’re moving too fast now.

Even if some Americans wanted to move to Canada, I don’t think they’d take us lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2020, 09:34:11 AM »

In Canada we welcome people with open arms and we are very warm people!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »

I don't think places like Canada, Australia and New Zealand take just anyone do they? You have to have a skill they want, which leaves me in Wales lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »

Yeah, it’s definitely not that easy. When my sister moved to Canada, she really couldn’t do anything because they wouldn’t approve a work visa for her because they didn’t feel like her skill set was essential, so she actually had to commute to Buffalo for work. In the end she decided to just move back to the US. If Trump gets re-elected I’m sure there might be a surge of people trying to cross the border. Trudeau might have to build a wall lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23