Welcome > Introductions

Hi, room for an old jerk here?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Rose:
Wow. Welcome back! The site is slowly dying but a few of us are still here.

Rose:
I also love that "Rose plot bunny moment" is a thing.

My brain is still that random lmao.

nicksgal:
Regarding COVID, I basically gave up... three months ago and have been the shrug emoji ever since. So any new and terrible thing that happens this year, I'm like "Yup, sounds right, 2020, lol."

That sucks about the spammers. I thought it would probably be a little slower, but figured it was still worth it to say hello (and maybe secretly hoped it was busy as ever to come back and settle back in). Thanks for the heads-up about the site going down. I have meticulously backed up most of the writing I deeply cared about on Google drive for many years now in case the urge to write ever struck again, but there's probably a couple things on there that I should grab just in case. Where are people posting these days if one decided to tempt the fates of supreme writers' block?

I feel you on the not writing thing. Are you still writing original work or just not at all? Also glad it's not a spoiler. I have one group of friends that watches it and in season one, they made me promise to flat out tell them if one of the Boys was on, instead of cheekily saying "_____ is a good guess." But out of that friend group, I've been dying to share background information on clues with so many people and they don't want to know, haha.

Hi Julie! Hi Rose! How has everything been with you both? I didn't officially say "Hi Mare!," but I hope you know it was implied. I'm assuming most of the people who post still are "supreme time wasters." Glad to see there's not a distinction past that and I can claim some membership to it still.

Random character conversation is probably more accurate, but I can't picture calling those random writer moments anything but a "Rose plot bunny moment," especially in present company.

RokofAges75:
Archive of Our Own seems to be the most active place to post for BSB fanfic these days.  Some of us have started posting our stories there.

Things have been fine with me, relatively speaking.  I'm an introverted homebody, so quarantine and social distancing kind of suit my lifestyle LOL.  I've actually been teaching in person all school year though.  My district is doing blended learning, so the kids come every other day and learn at home on the off days, and I only have half the class at a time.  It's been going surprisingly well so far.  We haven't had any COVID outbreaks and have managed to stay in school since we started in August.  My family has managed to stay healthy too, thank goodness.

I saw you mention your students.  What do you teach?  Are you in person or virtual?

nicksgal:
Good to know! I will check out what y'all have been up to over there. Posting elsewhere might give me enough update backlog to give myself a head start on content to have writer's block for months (I was rereading my feature month post and asked myself if I had really been planning four of these things. No wonder I lost all inspiration.), haha.

I'm glad to hear you've been fine 2020 style, that it hasn't been too hard on you all things considered, and that your family has remained healthy. Zoom happy hours have been getting me through (Zoom committee meetings less so), but I've become more and more of a homebody as time goes. I think the only downside is that I've slowly run out of things to watch on TV.

That's impressive and a blessing that you haven't had any outbreaks! How is blended learning? Are you meeting with the kids on their online learning days too or only if they're in-person that day? I'm glad to hear you've been safely in-person though, it's so much better for the kids.

I've been teaching Pre-K for the past couple years, so I've been in person every day since everything shut down in March. I recently took on a new position running a learning pod from our school this fall and probably at least part of the spring unless vaccines are plentiful quickly. It's been an adventure since we're hosting kids from eight different schools and grades K-3, so my co-teacher focuses on enrichment type things since he's run our summer camp and I'm in an intervention type roll providing some 1:1 and small group support for their learning. I miss being in charge of all aspects of my own classroom though. In August, I tried to write a million lesson plans based on our state standards for what they might be learning and in September, I decided I would just be a day behind their classrooms in my lesson content because pre-planning four curriculums simultaneously was impossible!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version