Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread  (Read 155608 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The Writing Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2021, 11:48:58 PM »

We have a program at school called GoGuardian that I can use to see their screens when they're logged into their school Chromebooks, even if they're at home.  It's hilarious to pull it up and see what they're looking at it when they're supposed to be doing their schoolwork.  Almost always, if they're not on task, they're watching YouTube.  I watched one kid go down a rabbit hole of Baby Yoda clips, which is understandable LOL.

LMFAO I mean okay no one can get mad about Baby Yoda holes.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2021, 11:49:10 PM »

I play Among Us all the time lol it's sad I'm so addicted to it and it's Nick's fault.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2021, 11:49:47 PM »

The "indoor hurricane" was underwhelming.

I saw that on Bar Rescue! That was a good episode.

My dad loves Bar Rescue LOL. One bar on there that is literally like five minutes from my apartment is Bacon Bar and OMG they have the best damn food LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2021, 11:50:01 PM »

I love themed drinks. I went to a bar that touted itself as "the only indoor hurricane" and they had themed diabetes inducing drinks called "Shark Bites" that had tiny branded plastic sharks in them with an extra shot of red something that looked like blood. When you tipped it over, blood blood blood! Also the little plastic sharks looked like they were screaming, so that's fun. I saved mine. And felt so sick afterwards from all the sugar.

That's awesome!!  I would definitely need to have one of those.

OMG, if I have to hear second graders talking about Among Us one more time, I will go get murdered in that game.

OMG, mine too.  I have played it a few times, and I don't get the obsession.  Maybe because I'm not very good at it? LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2021, 11:50:23 PM »

We have a program at school called GoGuardian that I can use to see their screens when they're logged into their school Chromebooks, even if they're at home.  It's hilarious to pull it up and see what they're looking at it when they're supposed to be doing their schoolwork.  Almost always, if they're not on task, they're watching YouTube.  I watched one kid go down a rabbit hole of Baby Yoda clips, which is understandable LOL.

I've caught them in action so many times and they're always surprised and I'm like "I have several years of doing things I'm not supposed to on you, I know what it looks like."

My teenaged cashiers were impressed when I caught an Among Us reference. I have Nick to thank for that lmao.

It's literally the card game Mafia. I can see why it would be popular, but also I want to kick a door every time they says "She's so sus."
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2021, 11:52:05 PM »

My dad loves Bar Rescue LOL. One bar on there that is literally like five minutes from my apartment is Bacon Bar and OMG they have the best damn food LOL.

One of the episodes they filmed here, I accidentally walked between the camera and the owner begging people to go into his bar, but I didn't give the "everyone ignores this place" vibe they were going for because I said, "I have to go to work, sorry!" so I wasn't on TV. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2021, 11:54:04 PM »

That's awesome!!  I would definitely need to have one of those.

OMG, mine too.  I have played it a few times, and I don't get the obsession.  Maybe because I'm not very good at it? LOL

I'd play the card game version, Mafia, any time anyone asked, but yeah, don't get it. And I have to keep telling myself that we had our fads and they have theirs. Remember neopets? My poor jubjub named "Nick," I haven't fed him in years, oh noes...
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2021, 11:54:45 PM »

One of the episodes they filmed here, I accidentally walked between the camera and the owner begging people to go into his bar, but I didn't give the "everyone ignores this place" vibe they were going for because I said, "I have to go to work, sorry!" so I wasn't on TV. :(

Awww, shame on them.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2021, 11:57:12 PM »

Alas, I will never be a tv star. I binged that show for so many years and then it just started getting bad, so I stopped...
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:11 PM »

I'd play the card game version, Mafia, any time anyone asked, but yeah, don't get it. And I have to keep telling myself that we had our fads and they have theirs. Remember neopets? My poor jubjub named "Nick," I haven't fed him in years, oh noes...

Very true.  We were banned from bringing out Tamogotchis and Beanie Babies to school in the same year.  My poor 6th grade teachers LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »

Same, but third/fourthish. Now all my beanie babies collect dust... I'm sure I have all my nanaos and tamagotchis somewhere... I'm about to ban some LOL Surprise dolls because it's been so dramatic.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2021, 08:23:41 PM »

Oh, my niece loves those. I think they're ugly. I hope she doesn't bring them to school LOL. She's in first grade.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »

It's that whole era of when they wanted to give everything huge eyes. Like how they changed Littlest Pet Shops and they were so weird looking with their bug eyes or new beanie babies. Why not just regular barbies? I hate those bratz dolls too: the stupid spoiled whores of the the 10 inch doll world.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2021, 08:38:27 PM »

Yes!!  Littlest Pet Shop used to be so cute when we were kids.  Bratz dolls are the worst.  Barbies are still the best, especially now that they have all the different body types and skin tones.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »

Yes! That was the one good thing the more modern dolls had at least was a greater variety of skin tones and different things all the dolls could do. I was very glad when barbie started releasing different types of Barbies in the "career barbie" sets. Though, I think Barbie was the first to expand to different body types.

But then I'm like, are all these toys weird? Do I just think they're weird because they're updates of toys I liked as a kid? Did my mom think modern barbies were weird compared to the two that existed when she was a kid (blonde or brunette harsh face barbie)? Ugh, any kids I have will either adore or hate boy bands won't they? No in between...
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50