Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread  (Read 146027 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: The Writing Thread
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2021, 08:42:08 PM »

I have eleven ideas/outlines on Google, and I found nineteen more on my hard drive that I never uploaded to Google because I don't see myself actually writing them... yet I haven't deleted them either.  Of the ones on Google, there are five or six I could see myself attempting to write at some point.  I've thought for three years now that my next project would be a Kevin/Nick drama called "My Brother's Keeper" that I've already written 3 or 4 chapters of, but other ideas keep getting in its way.  If I don't go back to that one after Bethlehem, I'm leaning toward one of my horror/suspense ideas.  Or maybe I'll just take a break until it's time to get going on 00Carter again.  Or maybe I'll get a brand new idea.  Who knows!  I'm not gonna worry about it until I actually finish Bethlehem.

Dying at "Dougie! Carter, M.D."  :D  There is something to be said for a good, funny title.  I've held on to an idea for years about Brian being possessed, but there are two versions of the idea.  One is a serious horror story, and the other is a comedy I would call "The Devil Wears Wylee." LOL  The serious version would make a better story, but damn if I don't love that title LOL.  Maybe I can work it into a future pandaskunk story instead.

Wow, thirty ideas and the possibility to write 1/5 of them! That's prolific. I was just curious how far in advance you started seriously considering your next project, don't turn into me. Finish Bethlehem first.

I'm here to make great jokes whenever. I wish more of my storied lent themselves to funny titles, because I'll put anything in a story that makes me laugh. Write both versions? See what happens. I find straight comedies are much harder to write than anything with dramatic elements.

I love how you can Do you save a copy of the original so you can refer back to it after or while you rewrite?

That's why I write almost exclusively in google docs, because I can go back if I need to. The only original I have of anything is whatever version of PBox I saved forever ago when my computer originally died (maybe that should have been the sign I would eventually come back to it). When I edit, I always use the "suggest changes" format so that I can see what I originally wrote while I'm changing it.

I think the longest I've hung on to an idea before writing it is about six years.  I got the original idea for Guilty Roads around 2004, and I started writing it in 2010.  But although I got far enough to post it, I still haven't finished it, so I'm not sure I'd call that successful.  Another one with a big time gap was the ER crossover I finished last year, Heroic Measures.  I wrote the first two chapters of that story in 2012, finished two more in 2018, and wrote the rest in 2020.  It took me 8 years to write a ten-chapter novella LOL, but at least I did finally finish it, so I consider that one a success.

Has anyone else had luck resurrecting really old ideas or unfinished stories?

I'm impressed that's only happened twice recently! Was your Masters' program what stopped the Heroic Measures train?

Usually those are just minor characters, but my last two medical dramas had main characters who were doctors or nurses, so when I was writing from their perspective, I did include more jargon and detailed medical info, which was fun.  

LOL!  Don't worry, it's not gory.  It's more like a interactive 3D CGI diagram, not real photos or anything.

I like when I get to include nerdy details, it's like: see look at all these things I planned and researched that you get a tiny snippet into!

I was just imagining it as "Now to get inside this model, we click on the skin and it flips open agonizingly slowly so the next layer under is revealed piece by piece." Like eating a banana, haha.

but I've just never gotten into fanfic for any other fandom, reading or writing.  In my crossover, the Boys are Muggles (non-magic), so they're not sorted into Houses.  But if I were the Sorting Hat, I would probably put Brian and Nick in Gryffindor, Howie and AJ in Hufflepuff, and Kevin in Ravenclaw.  Although Nick's nerdy science posts make me think he might actually be more of a Ravenclaw too.  As Dumbledore once said, "You know, I sometimes think we Sort too soon."  Where do you think they would go?  (Anyone can weigh in on this.)

I did a couple other fandoms, but nothing near to the variety I tried for BSB fanfics. What do you think it is about the Boys that stuck with you so much over other fandoms?

I mean, I guess it would by pretty Sueish for them to be 30-year-old Hogwarts students, haha. Nick clearly gets to be in all the houses because of his main character vibes! 90's Nick I would have for sure put in Hufflepuff, but I think you're probably right. None of them really strike me as too Slytherin, that's for the Justin  Timberlakes of the world, obviously.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:23:57 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »

It has moved with me from my parents' house to my first apartment to my own house, so it's safe to say I will not be purging it.  Though I do have this fear of dying and my family finding things like that when they go through my stuff and being like "WTF?" LOL.  At least that notebook is mostly just random notes that would seem incoherent out of context of knowing what it was for.

Good! Is it up in your inspiration room?

Just put a sticky note in the front cover of what you'd like done with it. Morbidly enough, I've thought of what to do with things like all my BSB stuff after I'm gone, and I think the logical thing would be to say "All this BSB stuff brought me so much joy over the years, so if you think having it will bring you joy, keep it. If you don't think it will, get rid of it." Solve the problem, you know?

What's the most random note you ever wrote about and/or for a story?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2021, 08:47:15 PM »

I had notebooks with more than one story in them. Notebooks that I just never finished using. So it's like a stack of them.

Do you use a different notebook for each story?

I rarely write by hand, but I have several random old notebooks with just a few pages of fanfic ideas or scenes written in them.  If I were smarter, I would have gotten myself one nice notebook and put everything in there, instead of all over the place in used Five Star notebooks leftover from high school and college LOL.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2021, 08:49:14 PM »

I had notebooks with more than one story in them. Notebooks that I just never finished using. So it's like a stack of them.

I would always repurposed old notebooks from school. I have probably 20 notebooks that have various amounts of things in them. Some are probably old stories or doodles! I'll have to look?

Challenge for everyone: Go find some old physical writing thing you saved that's worth sharing!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »

Wow, thirty ideas and the possibility to write 1/5 of them! That's prolific. I was just curious how far in advance you started seriously considering your next project, don't turn into me. Finish Bethlehem first.

I'm here to make great jokes whenever. I wish more of my storied lent themselves to funny titles, because I'll put anything in a story that makes me laugh. Write both versions? See what happens. I find straight comedies are much harder to write than anything with dramatic elements.

I used to try to plan ahead more, but inevitably I would lose interest in the would-be next story by the time I finished the current one or come up with a completely different idea, so now I don't bother.  I write ideas down, and if I'm really inspired, I'll even start a draft, but I don't commit to anything until I see where my head is when I'm actually ready to dive in to a new project.  Usually I spend a few days/weeks/months jumping around between different stories in my effort to figure out what I want to write, which is frustrating, but probably a necessary part of the process for me.  That's why the 00Carter revival might be perfect timing for me, because I'm a couple chapters away from finishing Bethlehem and not currently tied down to anything else.

That's why I write almost exclusively in google docs, because I can go back if I need to. The only original I have of anything is whatever version of PBox I saved forever ago when I my computer originally died (maybe that should I been the sign I would eventually come back to it). When I edit, I always use the "suggest changes" format so that I can see what I originally wrote while I'm changing it.

That's a good idea.  I don't usually edit at the level you are, as in rewriting a lot of it; it's usually more just changing a few words here and there, which I do right in editing mode.  I did completely dissect a chapter of Bethlehem and edit it back together to pace it differently, and for that I just created a separate document and pasted it back into the original story when I was happy with it.

I love Google Docs.  I started using it for my master's classes and finally made the switch for fanfic in the middle of writing Sick as My Secrets, probably around 2015-2016.  The fact that it automatically saves, and I can access my stories from any device without using a flash drive sold me.  I got a new desktop computer for Christmas that only has a trial version of Office, and I don't know that I'll even bother trying to install my old Office on it.

I'm impressed that's only happened twice recently! Was your Masters' program what stopped the Heroic Measures train?

Nah, Heroic Measures was always just more of a side project that I opened when I was between novels.  I finally found myself without a novel in progress during quarantine in the spring and decided it was the perfect time to try to finish it.  Thanks, Rona!

I like when I get to include nerdy details, it's like: see look at all these things I planned and researched that you get a tiny snippet into!

I was just imagining it as "Now to get inside this model, we click on the skin and it flips open agonizingly slowly so the next layer under is revealed piece by piece." Like eating a banana, haha.

Yes!!  I totally get your fireside author chats because it's fun to reveal the behind-the-scenes stuff that readers don't get to see.

LOL Basically!  Though it's more like the peel just fades away as you zoom in to the inside of the banana.

I did a couple other fandoms, but nothing near to the variety I tried for BSB fanfics. What do you think it is about the Boys that stuck with you so much over other fandoms?

I mean, I guess it would by pretty Sueish for them to be 30-year-old Hogwarts students, haha. Nick clearly gets to be in all the houses because of his main character vibes! 90's Nick I would have for sure put in Hufflepuff, but I think you're probably right. None of them really strike me as too Slytherin, that's for the Justin  Timberlakes of the world, obviously.

I guess it's a reflection of how much I love the Boys as people.  I like a lot of music, but I've never cared so much about other artists on a personal level.  And while I love the characters in Harry Potter and other fictional universes I'm a fan of, it's not the same because they're not real.

My story takes place in 1999, but they're still too old to be Hogwarts students.  I could see Nick as a Hufflepuff too.  None of them struck me as Slytherins either, and I almost said the same thing about Justin Timberlake! LMAO.  Slytherins are known for being ambitious and power-hungry (which is why all the villains come from Slytherin), which fits Timberlake ditching NSYNC to go solo.  The Boys are loyal to each other.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:24:18 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2021, 09:47:06 PM »

Usually I spend a few days/weeks/months jumping around between different stories in my effort to figure out what I want to write, which is frustrating, but probably a necessary part of the process for me.  That's why the 00Carter revival might be perfect timing for me, because I'm a couple chapters away from finishing Bethlehem and not currently tied down to anything else.

How do you like jumping around stories? Is it doing multiple things at once that's frustrating or not having the clear idea for the next project? I know you're pretty focused on tackling one thing at a time.

I don't usually edit at the level you are, as in rewriting a lot of it; it's usually more just changing a few words here and there, which I do right in editing mode.  I did completely dissect a chapter of Bethlehem and edit it back together to pace it differently, and for that I just created a separate document and pasted it back into the original story when I was happy with it.

I love Google Docs.  I started using it for my master's classes and finally made the switch for fanfic in the middle of writing Sick as My Secrets, probably around 2015-2016.  The fact that it automatically saves, and I can access my stories from any device without using a flash drive sold me.

It's been a project for sure! I don't know that I'll ever edit quite to this level again! (I say that and a PNecklace chapter update is still around 600 different words when everything's said and done).

I've done that too if it's almost a complete rewrite of a section, it's easier to pop it out for a second than it is to change in the document. I wish there was the option to edit multiple times at once and track it with different colors, but going to the effort of sharing a document with myself just to overwrite an edit seems a little extra.

My tablet has office, but it's tiny and has a tiny attached keyboard, so I don't write on it as often since getting a regular laptop again. Bigger is better than only staring at tiny screens. Though I sometimes make fun of my husband for switching from the little internet on his phone to the same thing but bigger on his computer when he's reading ESPN articles/tracking scores of games, haha. My work switched over to google suite only and that's kind of sold me on it. I don't think I'll ever go back to office.

Nah, Heroic Measures was always just more of a side project that I opened when I was between novels.  I finally found myself without a novel in progress during quarantine in the spring and decided it was the perfect time to try to finish it.  Thanks, Rona!

Yes!!  I totally get your fireside author chats because it's fun to reveal the behind-the-scenes stuff that readers don't get to see.

LOL Basically!  Though it's more like the peel just fades away as you zoom in to the inside of the banana.

Did you find it nice or frustrating to have a "between projects" story? Covid also turned into a productive writing thing for me, nothing finished yet, but we'll see! Anyone else have a writing-related silver lining from Covid?

I've really enjoyed writing them. I think my only concern is "what's the statue of limits on spoilers? Because it's been bopping around my head for what, fifteen years now? So to me, it's all old news. I don't know if anyone's enjoying my ramblings or not, haha. It's weird having a post where you basically talk to yourself.

Fades away is fine. That would not be squicky at all, haha.

I guess it's a reflection of how much I love the Boys as people.

My story takes place in 1999, but they're still too old to be Hogwarts students.  I could see Nick as a Hufflepuff too.  None of them struck me as Slytherins either, and I almost said the same thing about Justin Timberlake! LMAO.  Slytherins are known for being ambitious and power-hungry (which is why all the villains come from Slytherin), which fits Timberlake ditching NSYNC to go solo.  The Boys are loyal to each other.

Yes, I loved the music, but then the more interviews I saw, I just started caring about them personally. Like I was really concerned for Nick for a couple days when I saw him retweet Lauren saying he did great on Masked Singer and his response was "Everything I do is for my little family." And I was like, are they okay? Why wouldn't you say "our little family" when retweeting your wife? Then I snapped myself out of it, because I was like, "Why are you worrying about this?!" But then I read his GQ "how I stay healthy" interview yesterday and he said something like "she's very motivating for me" and I was like, "phew, don't have to worry about that anymore."

Haha, yeah, ambitious and power hungry is Justin to a tee. That's for sure how I wrote him in PBox. Are no Slytherins loyal to each other? That seems so crummy to be excited to get in a house and find out that no one is your friend for you, just your use to them. But then if they're all in Slytherin, do they care? A philosophical discussion on house sorting.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2021, 10:17:41 PM »

Good! Is it up in your inspiration room?

Just put a sticky note in the front cover of what you'd like done with it. Morbidly enough, I've thought of what to do with things like all my BSB stuff after I'm gone, and I think the logical thing would be to say "All this BSB stuff brought me so much joy over the years, so if you think having it will bring you joy, keep it. If you don't think it will, get rid of it." Solve the problem, you know?

What's the most random note you ever wrote about and/or for a story?

Yep!  LOL You just inspired me to go upstairs and get it to look through it, and now I am simultaneously cracking up and cringing.  

Here are some of my favorite finds:

- the page where I jotted an idea for an April Fool's prank for my site, and then underneath it, I randomly wrote and underlined the word "infection."  I guess that was me trying to get back on topic with Broken notes LOL.

- "Nick & Claire adopt kid w/ cancer; watch it die. (girl)"
Sadistic!  That must have been an idea for future Nick & Claire.  I did eventually have them watch a kid with cancer die, and they also adopted a kid, but it wasn't the same kid - and neither were girls.

- "Cannibalism?  Plane crash, Donner party deal?"
LOL That was not for Broken, but was apparently a story idea I had once and never pursued.

- "Call Grandma about tutoring!"
Apparently this was also my memo pad in 2003 LOL.

Then it goes into BMS planning, and I have a page with this idea:
"J[amie] & C[laire] go running together or play soccer or something?  Nick gets jealous, determined to learn to run again.  He does teach himself, but he overdoes it & gets an ulcer, which takes him out of commission for weeks - possible bad infection, faces risk of losing more of leg?"
And then I crossed out the last part and wrote "BAD!" and below that, "Cellulitis."  That actually did end up in the story.

- "Testing out my cool new pen... it's the sparkly turquoise one... #1 at Target!"

My favorite page:
- "12/21/04  3:42 a.m.  Best idea ever!!! (from a dream too!)  Paris killed in freak amusement park accident. Intoxicated? Didn't keep her safety belt on? Tried to flash ride operator? Scrambler at small town carnival - filming Simple Life 4 (or 5?)"
I totally included that in BMS too LMAO.

My first reference to the ill-fated third story I mentioned the other day:
- "Lung transplant... mwahaha"
And then I crossed that out and wrote "BAD!" again LOL.

Then there's a page that I first looked at with horror because it looks like I was trying to draw swastikas, but I realized it was actually my early attempts at designing a FANS logo for 00Carter, which was based on a swastika.

So there's some insight into my mind circa 2003-2006.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »

I would always repurposed old notebooks from school. I have probably 20 notebooks that have various amounts of things in them. Some are probably old stories or doodles! I'll have to look?

Challenge for everyone: Go find some old physical writing thing you saved that's worth sharing!

I posted pictures of a few pages from my notebooks back in October when I was cleaning and found them.  https://twitter.com/RokofAges75/status/1317632126418882561

Also, I realized I dabble in doodling and world-building too.  Here is a very elaborate blueprint I made of the nursing home where Cary, my female lead in Curtain Call, works. LMAO
 http://dreamers-sanctuary.com/courtyard.jpg
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2021, 10:35:25 PM »

Yep!  LOL You just inspired me to go upstairs and get it to look through it, and now I am simultaneously cracking up and cringing.

The nostalgia continues! I love when I find old things like this because they always make me happy. Like I was going through my old French stuff from high school and found this caterpillar saying hello. I also found a labeled magazine collage from when we were learning body parts that had Leo's head!

So there's some insight into my mind circa 2003-2006.

I loved all of them. Those are amazing! I especially like you crossing things out and writing BAD instead, the written evil laugh to lung cancer, the random note about calling your grandma, that a Paris dying scene was labeled "Best idea ever!!!" (that's it, you'll never have another good idea again), and the random note about your turquoise pen from Target (it's a curse, I'll go in there for one thing and spend $100... what have I done?)

I need to quote/comment on these though:

- the page where I jotted an idea for an April Fool's prank for my site, and then underneath it, I randomly wrote and underlined the word "infection."  I guess that was me trying to get back on topic with Broken notes LOL.

- "Cannibalism?  Plane crash, Donner party deal?"
LOL That was not for Broken, but was apparently a story idea I had once and never pursued.

Then there's a page that I first looked at with horror because it looks like I was trying to draw swastikas, but I realized it was actually my early attempts at designing a FANS logo for 00Carter, which was based on a swastika.

An infection on April Fools? Oh noes!

I get it, the Backstreet Party. Who would get eaten first? Who would be the first to consider eating people? You know what they say, "have a friend for lunch"! (the actual motto of a restaurant from my college, the Alfred Packer Grill)

I'm cringing that it was based on a swastika. Poor Dr. Rough.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2021, 10:39:24 PM »

I posted pictures of a few pages from my notebooks back in October when I was cleaning and found them.  https://twitter.com/RokofAges75/status/1317632126418882561

Also, I realized I dabble in doodling and world-building too.  Here is a very elaborate blueprint I made of the nursing home where Cary, my female lead in Curtain Call, works. LMAO
 http://dreamers-sanctuary.com/courtyard.jpg

Yay! Stuff like this is so fun! I'd post more PBox doodles, but I'm trying to save them for a future chat in my thread. I found one where Nick looks pretty creepy from before I settled on them being more "cute monster" types.

But where's the west wing? Too political for you?  ;D It's very elaborate. Turn that into a 3D model, stat!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2021, 10:47:29 PM »

How do you like jumping around stories? Is it doing multiple things at once that's frustrating or not having the clear idea for the next project? I know you're pretty focused on tackling one thing at a time.

I hate it because I feel like I never really get anywhere with any of them.  I'm more productive when I can pick one and stick with it.  The frustrating part is not being inspired or focused enough to settle down and commit to one.

My work switched over to google suite only and that's kind of sold me on it. I don't think I'll ever go back to office.

Same!

Did you find it nice or frustrating to have a "between projects" story? Covid also turned into a productive writing thing for me, nothing finished yet, but we'll see! Anyone else have a writing-related silver lining from Covid?

Actually, that was okay.  It was nice having something already in progress that I could come back to between projects or when I was stuck on my other story.  I was smart with Heroic Measures and didn't post any of it online until this past summer when I was close enough to the end to know I was going to finish it.  My Harry Potter crossover was also a side project, but I made the mistake of starting to post that one when it was going particularly well, and now I feel guilty for having another unfinished story online.

Road to Bethlehem has also been a nice little COVID gift for me.  It takes place in the summer of 2020 and starts with the Boys renting a cabin in the mountains to quarantine together and work on the Christmas album they keep talking about but have yet to bless us with.  So thanks, COVID and Nick, for inspiring that idea!

I've really enjoyed writing them. I think my only concern is "what's the statue of limits on spoilers? Because it's been bopping around my head for what, fifteen years now? So to me, it's all old news. I don't know if anyone's enjoying my ramblings or not, haha. It's weird having a post where you basically talk to yourself.

I felt the same way with the blogs I did for my site last year, like I was just rambling to myself.  But it was still fun, and once in a while I would get a comment from someone who had read.  I must admit, I have not been reading those posts of yours because I haven't read PBox in its entirety.  I think I may have read part of it back in the day, but I don't remember many details.  But I'm sure people who have or will read it will enjoy the posts!  I love author's notes and behind the scenes stuff.

Yes, I loved the music, but then the more interviews I saw, I just started caring about them personally. Like I was really concerned for Nick for a couple days when I saw him retweet Lauren saying he did great on Masked Singer and his response was "Everything I do is for my little family." And I was like, are they okay? Why wouldn't you say "our little family" when retweeting your wife? Then I snapped myself out of it, because I was like, "Why are you worrying about this?!" But then I read his GQ "how I stay healthy" interview yesterday and he said something like "she's very motivating for me" and I was like, "phew, don't have to worry about that anymore."

Haha, yeah, ambitious and power hungry is Justin to a tee. That's for sure how I wrote him in PBox. Are no Slytherins loyal to each other? That seems so crummy to be excited to get in a house and find out that no one is your friend for you, just your use to them. But then if they're all in Slytherin, do they care? A philosophical discussion on house sorting.

Aww, I think Nick and Lauren are good.  I'm sure he didn't mean it that way.

There are loyal Slytherins, but they're more likely to betray each other if a better opportunity comes their way or to save their own skin.  Most of Voldemort's minions (former Slytherins) abandoned him and acted like they had never been on his side after he lost his power the first time.  Hm, sounds similar to what's happening among Trump's Cabinet and Republican senators this week...
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »

Stumbled on this thread Kelly started way back!

We haven't talked about writing a whole lot lately, so I thought I'd ask you what you feel you are good at and where you think you could improve.

Anyone want to take a stab at these again? If you posted in the original thread, do you still feel the same as you did then? On a side note, not sure how I missed this one last time, I love stuff like this (clearly).
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2021, 10:57:00 PM »

I hate it because I feel like I never really get anywhere with any of them.  I'm more productive when I can pick one and stick with it.  The frustrating part is not being inspired or focused enough to settle down and commit to one.

I always felt that way when I had ideas for other projects and distracted myself. I've tried to be really cognizant this time around by only focusing on one thing and not getting too distracted.

Actually, that was okay.  It was nice having something already in progress that I could come back to between projects or when I was stuck on my other story.  I was smart with Heroic Measures and didn't post any of it online until this past summer when I was close enough to the end to know I was going to finish it.  My Harry Potter crossover was also a side project, but I made the mistake of starting to post that one when it was going particularly well, and now I feel guilty for having another unfinished story online.

Road to Bethlehem has also been a nice little COVID gift for me.  It takes place in the summer of 2020 and starts with the Boys renting a cabin in the mountains to quarantine together and work on the Christmas album they keep talking about but have yet to bless us with.  So thanks, COVID and Nick, for inspiring that idea!

Maybe between projects is your time for crossovers? Go write "Dougie! Carter, MD" then. Or like you said, maybe getting back into 00Carter is that project for this time.

I felt the same way with the blogs I did for my site last year, like I was just rambling to myself.  But it was still fun, and once in a while I would get a comment from someone who had read.  I must admit, I have not been reading those posts of yours because I haven't read PBox in its entirety.  I think I may have read part of it back in the day, but I don't remember many details.  But I'm sure people who have or will read it will enjoy the posts!  I love author's notes and behind the scenes stuff.

I know PBox isn't your thing and it's quite slow here, so I figured I would probably be rambling to myself. I love that type of stuff too.

Aww, I think Nick and Lauren are good.  I'm sure he didn't mean it that way.

There are loyal Slytherins, but they're more likely to betray each other if a better opportunity comes their way or to save their own skin.  Most of Voldemort's minions (former Slytherins) abandoned him and acted like they had never been on his side after he lost his power the first time.  Hm, sounds similar to what's happening among Trump's Cabinet and Republican senators this week...

You know, I just needed something stupid to worry about, I think.

So topical! I think people who gravitate to people only for power are like that though. Once they don't have the power, they jump ship.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2021, 11:01:59 PM »

The nostalgia continues! I love when I find old things like this because they always make me happy. Like I was going through my old French stuff from high school and found this caterpillar saying hello. I also found a labeled magazine collage from when we were learning body parts that had Leo's head!

I loved all of them. Those are amazing! I especially like you crossing things out and writing BAD instead, the written evil laugh to lung cancer, the random note about calling your grandma, that a Paris dying scene was labeled "Best idea ever!!!" (that's it, you'll never have another good idea again), and the random note about your turquoise pen from Target (it's a curse, I'll go in there for one thing and spend $100... what have I done?)

I need to quote/comment on these though:

An infection on April Fools? Oh noes!

I get it, the Backstreet Party. Who would get eaten first? Who would be the first to consider eating people? You know what they say, "have a friend for lunch"! (the actual motto of a restaurant from my college, the Alfred Packer Grill)

I'm cringing that it was based on a swastika. Poor Dr. Rough.

Aww, I love your caterpillar!  And Leo's head! LOL

Oh Target... so true.  That was the start of my obsession with the dollar spot.

Oh noes!!

Someday I must visit the Alferd Packer Grill.  Have you ever seen "Cannibal: The Musical"?  It's a musical Trey Parker and Matt Stone made in college about Alferd Packer.  It's not the greatest piece of cinema in the world, but it is funny.  I have it on DVD, and the best part is their drunk commentary, which is even funnier than the movie itself.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2021, 11:11:31 PM »

Aww, I love your caterpillar!  And Leo's head! LOL

Oh Target... so true.  That was the start of my obsession with the dollar spot.

Oh noes!!

Someday I must visit the Alferd Packer Grill.  Have you ever seen "Cannibal: The Musical"?  It's a musical Trey Parker and Matt Stone made in college about Alferd Packer.  It's not the greatest piece of cinema in the world, but it is funny.  I have it on DVD, and the best part is their drunk commentary, which is even funnier than the movie itself.

Alright, I fixed it so I could post it (too many identifying details in the original): Labeled Leo

I love the dollar spot. I could easily spend $100 in that section alone.

Oh man, I can't think of the last time I actually typed (let alone said) "Oh noes" and now I come back here and it's just a hilarious part of my vocabulary again.

I'll have you for lunch any time you'd like! I haven't seen that, surprisingly! But I probably should, I can't think of thing they've released that wasn't hilarious. I love DVD commentary too. It is usually better than the actual movie.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50