Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Why is Nick so picky when we write?  (Read 51278 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Why is Nick so picky when we write?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »

Nick is being particularly annoying for me too. He keeps butting in and I have to remind him this story centers around Kevin and not him lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2021, 03:57:40 PM »

Typical Nick, trying to steal the spotlight!  I'm not sure if he's jealous of Kevin in my story too or relieved that it's not him LOL.  Usually if he's the main character in one of my stories, he ends up in the hospital, and he hasn't in this one... yet.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 04:24:07 PM »

You spoiled him in If I Knew Then, Tracy, lol. He is kind of a spotlight hog, so I'm sure he's a bit jealous of this Kevin trend right now.

Julie, that "... yet" is so ominous, lol.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »

Julie I need to read your new one. I kinda started and then I got distracted. I'm going to start it though. That yet doesn't sound too reassuring though xD

Nick is also insisting that my next story is about him but I have no idea what I'm writing next. I might attempt to finish Take Me Home which got shelved last year. Or I could really annoy Nick and post the Brian AU that was a spin off of the Nick and Amanda series. I haven't had time to come up with a new idea yet. Hoping it will come to me cause I wanted something to keep me busy over the summer.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »

Julie, that "... yet" is so ominous, lol.

Mwahaha...

Julie I need to read your new one. I kinda started and then I got distracted. I'm going to start it though. That yet doesn't sound too reassuring though xD

Nick is also insisting that my next story is about him but I have no idea what I'm writing next. I might attempt to finish Take Me Home which got shelved last year. Or I could really annoy Nick and post the Brian AU that was a spin off of the Nick and Amanda series. I haven't had time to come up with a new idea yet. Hoping it will come to me cause I wanted something to keep me busy over the summer.

Thanks!  I hope you're able to get into it if you give it another try.

I hate that feeling of not knowing what you're going to write next and the process of trying to figure it out.  I would love to see you come up with another Nick idea, but it's so hard to just come up with an idea on demand.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2021, 06:19:37 PM »

You're close to finishing History, yeah? Maybe WADD isn't a bad thing afterward. Test out some of the things you already have started (or have ideas for), and maybe while you're playing around with them, one will stick or you'll come up with something new. And hey, if Nick gets his way, then he gets his way, lol.

I'll probably be WADDing at the same time as you, so we can cheer each other on through it! :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2021, 06:35:07 PM »

You're close to finishing History, yeah? Maybe WADD isn't a bad thing afterward. Test out some of the things you already have started (or have ideas for), and maybe while you're playing around with them, one will stick or you'll come up with something new. And hey, if Nick gets his way, then he gets his way, lol.

I'll probably be WADDing at the same time as you, so we can cheer each other on through it! :)

I will probably not be WADDing along with you two this time because MBK won't be done for a while, but I was just thinking, if you do find yourself flitting from idea to idea, it might be fun to start a thread to share sneak peeks and get opinions.  Maybe that would help sway you one way or another or further develop ideas.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2021, 06:41:44 PM »

I will probably not be WADDing along with you two this time because MBK won't be done for a while, but I was just thinking, if you do find yourself flitting from idea to idea, it might be fun to start a thread to share sneak peeks and get opinions.  Maybe that would help sway you one way or another or further develop ideas.

I would be really impressed if you somehow ended up WADDing with us! That would be a really productive June!

That could be fun! I think I may have my plan figured out, but I might feel differently once I finish up PNecklace, so I'm trying not to think too hard about it for eight more chapters, lol.
~*Dee*~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2021, 07:25:51 PM »

I really want to redo my storm chasing story idea that I wrote in like 2012 that I didn't finish. I kind of want to switch things around and make Nick the main character instead, which obviously Nick would love that lol. I need to do a lot more research before I even tackle that idea and like I said before there's just not enough time to. I had a few random ideas I was playing with a few months ago but never really felt compelled to do anything with. I might try playing with them some more though.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »

I thought your storm chaser one sounded interesting! I hope you do end up reworking it eventually. But I feel you on research feeling daunting. It's part of why I'm putting off that Nick as Brian's guardian angel story for a little bit... among other reasons.

I'm sending you good writing vibes as you finish regardless. Maybe something will spark a new idea. :)
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2021, 08:20:00 PM »

So close to being done! Just finishing the last scene! However, Nick was being a brat earlier. He said something to the effect of "Hey, I'm thinking about (spoiler). Remind everyone about that. It will justify what I do next." "Nick, you're right, but it was very--" "Remind them!" So... this chapter got darker than intended, I suppose... Oops. :shrug:

Edited: I accidentally added the spoiler tag, lol!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:40:22 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »

Yay!!  Go, go, go!!!  Leave it to Nick to be a brat before the very last scene!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2021, 09:59:17 PM »

He had one job to do according to the others, but let's be honest, realistically he and I both knew he wasn't going to do it, lol. Given that it involved doing nothing and he loves to do things. At least he thought about any readers out there and decided to bring them deeply into his head for the ride.  ::)
~*Dee*~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2021, 10:26:40 PM »

Nick is currently upset with me because he's spent the last two chapters of Take Me Home unconscious lol. He's mad that I let AJ and Brian team up together too. Lmao. Oops?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »

Yeah, Nick does not like to be unconscious, unless he's still the center of attention.  Beware - this can lead to cheesy coma dreams.
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6