Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 123009 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2021, 07:13:20 PM »

I used to get a fair amount of will you write a story about this? Emails as well as can you make me Nicks girlfriend requests. Uh...have you met me? I’ll make you his girlfriend and then kill you horrifically about two seconds before your first date.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2021, 07:13:52 PM »

Update days were an essential part of my posting. I always used them. My readers always knew when I was going to update and what day it would happen for each story. There were times, which I still can’t believe, that was updating multiple stories at once and had a day for each one. Not even just a day but usually a time as well. I was/am pretty schedule oriented lol

LOL!  We were all so young and innocent, and Mare was so wise.

Y'all, we've talked about this! My fanfic memory is hazy. I will stop summarizing things that I don't actually remember. As always, Mare is wise.

I love that you had an update time, Mare. That is attention to detail!

How was updating multiple stories at a time with specific days? Did that make it easier to keep up with writing? More difficult?

I will bow to Mare's wisdom. I love my little update day. It gives me something to look forward to on Wednesdays now that Nick's not on the Masked Singer anymore. And an excuse to continue using my crocodile coffee cup on Wednesdays.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2021, 07:26:44 PM »

I used to get a fair amount of will you write a story about this? Emails as well as can you make me Nicks girlfriend requests. Uh...have you met me? I’ll make you his girlfriend and then kill you horrifically about two seconds before your first date.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2021, 07:28:31 PM »

Update days were an essential part of my posting. I always used them. My readers always knew when I was going to update and what day it would happen for each story. There were times, which I still can’t believe, that was updating multiple stories at once and had a day for each one. Not even just a day but usually a time as well. I was/am pretty schedule oriented lol

I am fairly new to having update days, but I get the appeal!  It gives me something to look forward to.  I posted Heroic Measures (my ER story) on Thursday nights at 10/9c, the old ER time slot.  I scheduled them in advance to post at exactly that time LOL.  I'm such a dork, but it was fun!  Now I'm back to Saturdays because that's just easier during the school year, but I don't have a specific time.  Sometimes it's first thing in the morning, but sometimes I try to write first and wait to update until later in the day.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2021, 07:29:04 PM »

If I had an idea, I totally would kill you a third time! LOL

Definitely not!  Kill kill kill!

LMAO! Julie's choppage happy again. Must be the livestream coming up.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2021, 07:35:36 PM »

I am fairly new to having update days, but I get the appeal!  It gives me something to look forward to.  I posted Heroic Measures (my ER story) on Thursday nights at 10/9c, the old ER time slot.  I scheduled them in advance to post at exactly that time LOL.  I'm such a dork, but it was fun!  Now I'm back to Saturdays because that's just easier during the school year, but I don't have a specific time.  Sometimes it's first thing in the morning, but sometimes I try to write first and wait to update until later in the day.

I love that you posted them during ER's timeslot. How clever! I figure it's best to pick a day that's easy for you, but I also wanted to make sure that I didn't take anyone's day when I saw you were posting on Saturdays and Tracy was posting on Tuesdays (or at least had been for a couple of weeks at that point).
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »

Julie beat me to it. That's exactly what I wanted to say. That and "They thought you would put girlfriends in BACKSTREET BOYS fanfic?" Suddenly in December 2020, Mare comes back with a brand new story all about Leighanne and the history of Wylee while Brian's off on tour. And I would say, "Yup. That's kind of how I thought 2020 would end."

LMAO I would love to read a Leighanne story written by Mare.  Do it, Mare!  I demand it!

Mare did predict Donald Trump becoming president and bringing about the apocalypse in one of her stories.

I think at one time there were definitely people who wrote with less planning. But of course Mare is a planner! And Julie, just because you posted a chapter right after you finished didn't make you any less of a planner, it just meant that maybe there was wiggle room.

:D It was not a suggestion! It was a joke! Like I would ever tell either of you my ideas for your stories. If I really had that many ideas, I would just write my own story. Also, if you want to put any of my jokes into your story, it should clearly be Nick howling outside the car or the Brian "seven days" one.

LOL True, I always had an idea of where the story was going, but I was more open to different ideas.  I didn't start outlining until Broken; I was way more of a pantser before then.

I know it was a joke!  I was just kidding too.  Although if I could put Brian as Samara in, I totally would!  Seven days...  I actually had an idea for a parody of The Ring planned a long time ago, back when The Ring was still relevant LOL.  Never wrote it though.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2021, 07:46:29 PM »

LMAO I would love to read a Leighanne story written by Mare.  Do it, Mare!  I demand it!

Mare did predict Donald Trump becoming president and bringing about the apocalypse in one of her stories.

That might be even shorter than the groundhog April Fool's story.  :D

"Chapter One: Someone told Leighanne on facebook that her bags were ugly, so she went on a long rant about freedom of speech. Then facebook banned her. She had nothing to console herself but her Christmas trees because Brian was on tour. The end."

"Chapter Two: Meanwhile, Brian was on tour with the Backstreet Boys and since this is a Backstreet Boys fanfic, he cared about his wife getting banned from facebook, but clearly had a lot of other things going on. Like carving MINE in Nick's arm..."

Mare, you're a wizard! And I hate it. Does he need a SAG card to be mentioned in your story? I hear he withdrew from them today.

LOL True, I always had an idea of where the story was going, but I was more open to different ideas.  I didn't start outlining until Broken; I was way more of a pantser before then.

I know it was a joke!  I was just kidding too.  Although if I could put Brian as Samara in, I totally would!  Seven days...  I actually had an idea for a parody of The Ring planned a long time ago, back when The Ring was still relevant LOL.  Never wrote it though.

I think we were all pantsers in our early days, but that was also when I could finish writing a fanfic in a week. It's hard to plan when it would take longer to plan than it would to write.

I know, the extreme exclamation points were part of the fun.  ;) My joke has officially made it relevant again. Add it to your pandaskunk series.

I was curious if anyone else on AO3 reads your other reviews, because they will get to mine and be so confused because half of it is all very heartfelt and half of it is stupid jokes and references.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »

"Chapter One: Someone told Leighanne on facebook that her bags were ugly, so she went on a long rant about freedom of speech. Then facebook banned her. She had nothing to console herself but her Christmas trees because Brian was on tour. The end."

"Chapter Two: Meanwhile, Brian was on tour with the Backstreet Boys and since this is a Backstreet Boys fanfic, he cared about his wife getting banned from facebook, but clearly had a lot of other things going on. Like carving MINE in Nick's arm..."

Mare, you're a wizard! And I hate it. Does he need a SAG card to be mentioned in your story? I hear he withdrew from them today.

LMAO at all of this!!!

I think we were all pantsers in our early days, but that was also when I could finish writing a fanfic in a week. It's hard to plan when it would take longer to plan than it would to write.

LOL So true.  I was the same way; I averaged a "novel" a month.  Of course, my "novels" were all around twenty chapters of 200-600 words a piece LOL.  I've written short stories longer than some of my early "novels."

My joke has officially made it relevant again. Add it to your pandaskunk series.

That would be the perfect place for it! LOL

I was curious if anyone else on AO3 reads your other reviews, because they will get to mine and be so confused because half of it is all very heartfelt and half of it is stupid jokes and references.

LOL, I have no idea.  I read other existing reviews on chapters I've read and reviewed, but I don't know if other people do that.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2021, 09:02:44 PM »

My Leighanne Story

All the boys are in the recoding studio laying down a track and in walks Brian

"Hey Brian! How's Leighanne?" Nick asks anxiously.

"Dead."

"Oh...huh...and a one and a two and a..."

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2021, 09:05:06 PM »

LMAO perfect!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »

I have never had regular update days myself. I mean with this current story I usually update in the beginning of the week, but the way I write is on the fly so I just post whenever I finish writing a chapter. My readers don’t seem to care either way.

The only story that I’ve ever had somewhat of an outline was Finding Carter, where I knew how I wanted it to end before I got to that point.

If I Knew Then, I am following a timeline but I pretty much write on the fly. There was a lot of drafts I did when I was still in the developing stages of the story. There was a whole chapter I wrote where Brian was going to marry Leighanne, there was a different version of some scenes too. I don’t want to give a lot away. But it went through a lot of changes.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2021, 09:06:06 PM »

Hahahahahahhah ahahahahaha I almost spit out my water.

My Leighanne Story

"Dead."

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »

LMAO at all of this!!!

LMAO perfect!

Y'all hear that? Mare blessed me to be her ghost writer and Julie enjoyed it.

My Leighanne Story

"Dead."

LMAO! But why did Nick ask so anxiously? Unless... he killed her?!? It's "How To Get Away With Murder" Backstreet style!

Fanfic Nick: It's easy because Mare wrote the story and doesn't write about wives. No one would suspect a thing...
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2021, 09:12:25 PM »

Y'all hear that? Mare blessed me to be her ghost writer.

LMAO! But why did Nick ask so anxiously? Unless... he killed her?!? It's "How To Get Away With Murder" Backstreet style!

Fanfic Nick: It's easy because Mare wrote the story and doesn't write about wives. No one would suspect a thing...

Well duh! It’s my story so I had to end on a cliffhanger.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50