Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 123128 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2021, 07:27:23 PM »

I thought it was weird too that you can't tell who subscribes to your stories or account.  AC forever!

I would play Binog again if others want to.  It's a much smaller group nowadays!

Binog! (Gotta practice).
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2021, 07:28:51 PM »

I've mostly written at home or at the break room table at my night job. I tried over the summer to write in the backyard but I never could get much done there. I seem to write the best at night.

I'm impressed with your ability to write at work, Tracy!  I would be so paranoid about coworkers reading over my shoulder.  Do yours know what you're doing?

I don't think I could write in the staff lounge either. Too many prying eyes. I'm impressed that y'all are so productive at night too. If I'm not already inspired, I am worthless at night time. Afternoon. That's my sweet spot for productivity.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #272 on: February 11, 2021, 07:29:47 PM »

Me and AJ are kindred spirits, except I have never used monologues to pick up boys.

Haha! I'm glad you decided to start bossing around fictional characters instead of neighborhood kids. One fights back a lot less.

LOL Only someone like AJ could get away with that.

See, this is why Nick doesn't give me crap.  He knows I won't back down until I get my way! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2021, 07:32:52 PM »

LOL Only someone like AJ could get away with that.

See, this is why Nick doesn't give me crap.  He knows I won't back down until I get my way! LOL

Right? I'd love to see any other guy try it. I think you just have to go in knowing it's slightly ridiculous, but you're going to shoot your shot anyway. That's when it works.

My eternal mistake. I let him know that not only can he get his way, he can also drive the boat -- and he feels like he's an expert boat driver.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »

I don't think I could write in the staff lounge either. Too many prying eyes. I'm impressed that y'all are so productive at night too. If I'm not already inspired, I am worthless at night time. Afternoon. That's my sweet spot for productivity.

Afternoon is usually my least productive time, either because I've already written all morning and am in desperate need of a shower and food, or because I've done nothing all day and am completely unmotivated.  Also, I'm allergic to sunlight.

I've always been a night owl and used to do my best writing late at night, but the last couple years or so, I've gotten into a better routine of writing first thing in the morning.  I guess that means I'm getting old.  I will still stay up all night writing in the summer, but not usually during the school year.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #275 on: February 11, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »

Right? I'd love to see any other guy try it. I think you just have to go in knowing it's slightly ridiculous, but you're going to shoot your shot anyway. That's when it works.

My eternal mistake. I let him know that not only can he get his way, he can also drive the boat -- and he feels like he's an expert boat driver.

Until he gets caught in the sea grass or the engine dies on his way to propose.  Oh Nick LOL.  You tell him who's boss!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #276 on: February 11, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »

I work with mostly older guys at night so they don't disturb me, but I did tell a couple that I write as a hobby. Nobody tries to look at what I'm doing so that's good for me. I sit in the corner of the break room typing away while they bitch about really pointless things lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2021, 07:39:51 PM »

Afternoon is usually my least productive time, either because I've already written all morning and am in desperate need of a shower and food, or because I've done nothing all day and am completely unmotivated.  Also, I'm allergic to sunlight.

I've always been a night owl and used to do my best writing late at night, but the last couple years or so, I've gotten into a better routine of writing first thing in the morning.  I guess that means I'm getting old.  I will still stay up all night writing in the summer, but not usually during the school year.

I try to shower right after I get out of bed. Helps me feel like I'm getting on with my day. I also used to be a night owl, but I stopped being so heavily one when I started teaching. Gotta be a productive human for the children.

Until he gets caught in the sea grass or the engine dies on his way to propose.  Oh Nick LOL.  You tell him who's boss!

He's an expert boat driver, not an expert mechanic/naturalist. Sea grass will get you every time at the worst time.

It's too late now. We're ride or die at this point.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

I work with mostly older guys at night so they don't disturb me, but I did tell a couple that I write as a hobby. Nobody tries to look at what I'm doing so that's good for me. I sit in the corner of the break room typing away while they bitch about really pointless things lol

That is good!

My first job in high school was cleaning computers for the school district where my mom teaches in the summer, and I used to read fanfics while I was doing that.  (I had terrible work ethic LOL; I wasted so much time.)  I don't remember writing on the job, but I did do a lot of brainstorming.  Nowadays the only chance I get to even think about fanfic while at work is during bathroom breaks LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »

I feel like the older guys get, the more they stay out of other peoples' business. As long as you're not on shared transportation . Then all guys engage with you no matter what you're doing, like "So this air... you enjoying that?"

That is good!

My first job in high school was cleaning computers for the school district where my mom teaches in the summer, and I used to read fanfics while I was doing that.  (I had terrible work ethic LOL; I wasted so much time.)  I don't remember writing on the job, but I did do a lot of brainstorming.  Nowadays the only chance I get to even think about fanfic while at work is during bathroom breaks LOL.

Did you get paid by the hour or by the computer?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #280 on: February 11, 2021, 07:44:33 PM »

I try to shower right after I get out of bed. Helps me feel like I'm getting on with my day. I also used to be a night owl, but I stopped being so heavily one when I started teaching. Gotta be a productive human for the children.

LOL The struggle is real.  I have to take Melatonin or Benadryl and force myself to go to bed almost every night.  I am definitely better suited to working a second shift job than school hours, but I fake it well, as teachers tend to do.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2021, 07:49:40 PM »

Did you get paid by the hour or by the computer?

By the hour.  I always got everything I needed to get done by the end of summer, but I was not the most motivated worker LOL.  I have much better work ethic now that I am doing something I enjoy.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2021, 07:50:40 PM »

LOL The struggle is real.  I have to take Melatonin or Benadryl and force myself to go to bed almost every night.  I am definitely better suited to working a second shift job than school hours, but I fake it well, as teachers tend to do.

I just fake it until the coffee does its thing! Even if I ended up staying up stupidly late for no reason scrolling through my phone the night before. Coffee keeps me living.

My pre-Ks used to pretend to have coffee shops in dramatic play and I'd go to play with them and they would say "You serve the coffee. I'm you." "Okay." We go through the whole shebang of them "buying" their coffee and then they'd take long drinks and tell their friends "I'm Ms. Dee today. *slurp*" Well, you're not wrong, team! Ha.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 07:55:26 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

By the hour.  I always got everything I needed to get done by the end of summer, but I was not the most motivated worker LOL.  I have much better work ethic now that I am doing something I enjoy.

Same. So if you read fanfics all day instead of cleaning computers, did you get paid to read fanfics? Because that is a cushy job.
~*Dee*~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2021, 07:56:30 PM »

I wish I got paid to read fanfiction LOL
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50