Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 122391 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »

What's the payscale for that? Is it salary? Hourly? Is it like freelancing where you're paid by the fanfic? Or is it chapter to chapter?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #286 on: February 11, 2021, 08:07:26 PM »

I just fake it until the coffee does its thing! Even if I ended up staying up stupidly late for no reason scrolling through my phone the night before. Coffee keeps me living.

Same!

Same. So if you read fanfics all day instead of cleaning computers, did you get paid to read fanfics? Because that is a cushy job.

LOL!  I guess technically yes.  I had a good routine worked out where I would take apart all the computers in the classroom, blow out the dust, put them back together, and turn them on to make sure everything worked.  Then, to be real thorough, I would read a chapter or two... you know, just to make sure the internet was hooked up right. ;)  Then I would clear the history and move on to the next one.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #287 on: February 11, 2021, 08:08:40 PM »

What's the payscale for that? Is it salary? Hourly? Is it like freelancing where you're paid by the fanfic? Or is it chapter to chapter?

I think it should be hourly or by chapter.  Some fanfics are longer than others!  Of course, if I was the one paying for someone to read my stories, I would say a flat rate per fanfic is fine. LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #288 on: February 11, 2021, 08:11:37 PM »

I actually worked out a system for this (in reverse) for one of my site's April Fools pranks, when I pretended to start making readers pay to access my stories.  http://dreamers-sanctuary.com/af11_files/my_stories.html
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #289 on: February 11, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »

I think it should be hourly or by chapter.  Some fanfics are longer than others!  Of course, if I was the one paying for someone to read my stories, I would say a flat rate per fanfic is fine. LOL

Maybe a flat rate based on the word count?

I actually worked out a system for this (in reverse) for one of my site's April Fools pranks, when I pretended to start making readers pay to access my stories.  http://dreamers-sanctuary.com/af11_files/my_stories.html

LMAO! "If you want to think about Nick having cancer while you grill your burgers!" And the Braaaains for Breakfast, kudos for this shade. The merchandise and the Broken picturebook making a comeback were the best part.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2021, 08:23:02 PM »

Maybe a flat rate based on the word count?

LMAO! "If you want to think about Nick having cancer while you grill your burgers!" And the Braaaains for Breakfast, kudos for this shade. The merchandise and the Broken picturebook making a comeback were the best part.

That seems the fairest way to do it.

LOL Thanks!  There was a lot of shade in the whole concept.  I had to throw the Broken picture book back in there!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2021, 08:25:45 PM »

Any ideas for what 2021's April Fool's joke will be? What haven't you done yet over twenty years, basically?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2021, 08:51:18 PM »

Any ideas for what 2021's April Fool's joke will be? What haven't you done yet over twenty years, basically?

I have no idea.  It gets harder and harder to come up with something, and the amount of effort I put in is usually more than the reaction it gets from visitors.

If you have any ideas, I'm all ears! LOL
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:53:01 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »

I have no idea.  It gets harder and harder to come up with something, and the amount of effort I put in is usually more than the reaction it gets from visitors.

Have you retired? Started writing fanfic for another fandom? Updated any stories for a new fandom? Turned stories into round robins? Wrote a choose your own adventure story? Broken is now a major motion picture? Given your website to someone else to take over while you're on an extended vacation?

I'm also out of ideas.
~*Dee*~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2021, 09:19:05 PM »

You're retiring from BSB fanfiction and going to write Titanic fanfiction.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2021, 09:23:49 PM »

Have you retired? Started writing fanfic for another fandom? Updated any stories for a new fandom? Turned stories into round robins? Wrote a choose your own adventure story? Broken is now a major motion picture? Given your website to someone else to take over while you're on an extended vacation?

I'm also out of ideas.

I have retired/quit.  I've switched to writing NSync and Dream fanfics.  I've had Tanja take over the site and convert all my stories into Busted fanfics.  I have not done the other ideas, so thanks for the suggestions!

You're retiring from BSB fanfiction and going to write Titanic fanfiction.

LOL I'll never let go!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:21 PM »

I have retired/quit.  I've switched to writing NSync and Dream fanfics.  I've had Tanja take over the site and convert all my stories into Busted fanfics.  I have not done the other ideas, so thanks for the suggestions!

LOL I'll never let go!

I figured you had done most of that by now. Oh, what about a Backstreet Boy takes over in the process of suing you for character defamation and comments on the stories?

LMAO! Just don't pull a Titanic Rose and physically let go afterward. Of course we all knew it was metaphorical, but I definitely hated that.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2021, 09:37:14 PM »

I figured you had done most of that by now. Oh, what about a Backstreet Boy takes over in the process of suing you for character defamation and comments on the stories?

Haha, I've done something similar to that.  http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/af09.html

I like the idea of having a Backstreet Boy leave comments though!  I wonder if I could get anyone to notice that...
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2021, 09:40:12 PM »

I should start writing Titanic fanfics that are the same medical drama shit I write for BSB.  Jack survives the sinking of the Titanic, only to die of cancer LOL.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2021, 09:41:07 PM »

Ooh I do like that idea haha I'd probably read it. Side note guess what I'm watching now LOL
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50