Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 122465 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2021, 09:43:24 PM »

Ooh, or I could write a BSB crossover with something super obscure and weird that doesn't fit with BSB at all.  I came across a Child's Play Chucky/Andy slash a couple years ago on AO3 LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #301 on: February 11, 2021, 09:44:03 PM »

Haha, I've done something similar to that.  http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/af09.html

I like the idea of having a Backstreet Boy leave comments though!  I wonder if I could get anyone to notice that...

Oh yeah, I remember when you were writing that! You showed Rose and I on IM and we laughed and laughed.

Your site is bought out by a media firm and it turns out to be K-BAHN, haha.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2021, 09:44:16 PM »

Ooh I do like that idea haha I'd probably read it. Side note guess what I'm watching now LOL

Aww!  I may watch it this weekend.  That's about as romantic as I get for Valentine's Day - watch Titanic with my cats LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2021, 09:45:49 PM »

Oh yeah, I remember when you were writing that! You showed Rose and I on IM and we laughed and laughed.

Your site is bought out by a media firm and it turns out to be K-BAHN, haha.

Yep, 2009!  LOL I may have to just start leaving comments as Backstreet Boys on random chapters and see if anyone says anything.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2021, 09:48:38 PM »

I should start writing Titanic fanfics that are the same medical drama shit I write for BSB.  Jack survives the sinking of the Titanic, only to die of cancer LOL.

LMAO! I knew it was coming and it was even funnier written down. When was cancer discovered and when did it start getting widely treated? Obviously it's hand cancer. Rose has nothing left to hold on to.

Ooh, or I could write a BSB crossover with something super obscure and weird that doesn't fit with BSB at all.  I came across a Child's Play Chucky/Andy slash a couple years ago on AO3 LOL.

Nick/The creature from the black lagoon.

I'm just going to keep suggesting this Shape of Water fanfic until someone else laughs at it, basically.

The Backstreet Boys in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Backstreet Boys and Dexter. I'm not just looking at our dvds... Yes I am.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »

Ooh I do like that idea haha I'd probably read it. Side note guess what I'm watching now LOL

Aww!  I may watch it this weekend.  That's about as romantic as I get for Valentine's Day - watch Titanic with my cats LOL.

Valentine's Day is the worst holiday ever. This isn't personal drama; I've just always hated it. Celebrating with the students is the only thing that makes it marginally better.

I do need to watch Titanic though! Should have done it while hubby was on his work trip.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2021, 09:52:10 PM »

Yep, 2009!  LOL I may have to just start leaving comments as Backstreet Boys on random chapters and see if anyone says anything.

But you have to give them good usernames, not just nickcarter. But please make him cryptic.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2021, 09:55:05 PM »

LMAO! I knew it was coming and it was even funnier written down. When was cancer discovered and when did it start getting widely treated? Obviously it's hand cancer. Rose has nothing left to hold on to.

LMAO You totally made me look this up!  I watched a PBS documentary about the history of cancer once that was actually really interesting, but I couldn't remember the dates for sure.  Chemo was first used as a cancer treatment in the 1930s.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3759197/

I read in the same article that the first lobectomy (removal of one of the lobes of the lung) was done in 1912, so I could give him lung cancer LOL.  It could start with the Incurable Cough of Death as he's recovering from his hypothermia post-sinking.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:35 PM »

Nick/The creature from the black lagoon.

I'm just going to keep suggesting this Shape of Water fanfic until someone else laughs at it, basically.

The Backstreet Boys in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Backstreet Boys and Dexter. I'm not just looking at our dvds... Yes I am.

I love the Shape of Water idea!  You should write that for real, whether it's a comedy or a cool sci-fi romance.  I liked that movie.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2021, 09:57:34 PM »

LMAO You totally made me look this up!  I watched a PBS documentary about the history of cancer once that was actually really interesting, but I couldn't remember the dates for sure.  Chemo was first used as a cancer treatment in the 1930s.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3759197/

I read in the same article that the first lobectomy (removal of one of the lobes of the lung) was done in 1912, so I could give him lung cancer LOL.  It could start with the Incurable Cough of Death as he's recovering from his hypothermia post-sinking.

Yes! I love when I get you to look up things for me out of curiosity.

Oh noes! Not the incurable cough of death! What a vague illness! LMAO!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2021, 09:58:10 PM »

Valentine's Day is the worst holiday ever. This isn't personal drama; I've just always hated it. Celebrating with the students is the only thing that makes it marginally better.

I do need to watch Titanic though! Should have done it while hubby was on his work trip.

Same!  I enjoy celebrating it with my students.  It was sad this year because they weren't allowed to exchange physical cards, so we didn't do fun boxes or anything. :(  We did digital cards on Google Slides instead... not the same.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2021, 09:58:51 PM »

Side note... So for the story I'm going to be posting after this weekend and If I Knew Then is done... I am not sure if I want to keep the title as it is or if I want to change the title. I'm undecided. It's called History like the song by One Direction. The song kind of fits the theme. But I am not sure.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »

But you have to give them good usernames, not just nickcarter. But please make him cryptic.

Yes!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »

Side note... So for the story I'm going to be posting after this weekend and If I Knew Then is done... I am not sure if I want to keep the title as it is or if I want to change the title. I'm undecided. It's called History like the song by One Direction. The song kind of fits the theme. But I am not sure.

I like one-word titles.  Are there any other titles you're considering?
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #314 on: February 11, 2021, 10:00:41 PM »

I love the Shape of Water idea!  You should write that for real, whether it's a comedy or a cool sci-fi romance.  I liked that movie.

Beauty and the Beast, but the beast is the creature from the black lagoon. That's the whole premise.

Didn't Nick originally want to be the creature from the black lagoon in the Everybody video? I think that's where this "weirdest fanfic you can think of" came from. Why do you love all my joke ideas? That's two now that you said should be legitimate fanfics. haha (Death by snail doesn't count as a "legitimate" fanfic even though it will be beautiful.)
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50