Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 123021 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #315 on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »

Same!  I enjoy celebrating it with my students.  It was sad this year because they weren't allowed to exchange physical cards, so we didn't do fun boxes or anything. :(  We did digital cards on Google Slides instead... not the same.

Aw, some of my kids did that in their classes too and hated making them. It's not the same.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2021, 10:02:18 PM »

I like one-word titles.  Are there any other titles you're considering?

Not at the moment. I think I might stick with it but we'll see if another one doesn't jump at me before the weekend is over.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2021, 10:02:48 PM »

Side note... So for the story I'm going to be posting after this weekend and If I Knew Then is done... I am not sure if I want to keep the title as it is or if I want to change the title. I'm undecided. It's called History like the song by One Direction. The song kind of fits the theme. But I am not sure.

I like one-word titles.  Are there any other titles you're considering?

I've never heard the song. I'd also like a list of other potential titles and a summary to fully weigh in.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2021, 10:03:59 PM »

Beauty and the Beast, but the beast is the creature from the black lagoon. That's the whole premise.

Didn't Nick originally want to be the creature from the black lagoon in the Everybody video? I think that's where this "weirdest fanfic you can think of" came from. Why do you love all my joke ideas? That's two now that you said should be legitimate fanfics. haha (Death by snail doesn't count as a "legitimate" fanfic even though it will be beautiful.)

Yeah, I think so.  Nick made a hot mummy, but Creature of the Black Lagoon is more him, with his love of water.  They should have let him be the Creature and made Kevin the mummy instead of his weird Jekyll/Hyde thing.

Some of the best ideas start as jokes!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2021, 10:06:18 PM »

Aw, some of my kids did that in their classes too and hated making them. It's not the same.

I bought a Google Slides from TPT that had a bunch of cute animated stickers and punny sayings with trendy themes, including Among Us and Fortnite, so they were excited about that.  But I will miss seeing their fun boxes.  I'm sure the parents are thrilled they don't have to help make them though! LOL
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2021, 10:06:45 PM »

I always hated valentines day. I never got cards from the other kids cause I was picked on a lot for being the weird kid. Then as an adult. I've only had a date twice. Once wasy ex Joe who took me to the olive garden and got me a fake rose since I said I didn't like getting real flowers due to the fact they die.

Then the other one wasn't really a date but this guy I was talking to at the time named Will stopped by my job and gave me flowers and brought me chocolate, and sushi for lunch since I had to work. We were only together a month, I dumped him cause he tried to control me. I also found out he tried to pick up my cousin when we were together. Valentines day for me is a day to get excited only cause chocolate on the 15th is on sale 50 percent off. I'm now a diabetic so I can't even fully enjoy that. I'll live through my characters instead xD

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2021, 10:07:46 PM »

Yeah, I think so.  Nick made a hot mummy, but Creature of the Black Lagoon is more him, with his love of water.  They should have let him be the Creature and made Kevin the mummy instead of his weird Jekyll/Hyde thing.

If I remember right nick said the reason they didn't do creature from the black lagoon was cause you wouldn't be able to tell it was him with the makeup so they went with the mummy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2021, 10:08:46 PM »

I always hated valentines day. I never got cards from the other kids cause I was picked on a lot for being the weird kid. Then as an adult. I've only had a date twice. Once wasy ex Joe who took me to the olive garden and got me a fake rose since I said I didn't like getting real flowers due to the fact they die.

Then the other one wasn't really a date but this guy I was talking to at the time named Will stopped by my job and gave me flowers and brought me chocolate, and sushi for lunch since I had to work. We were only together a month, I dumped him cause he tried to control me. I also found out he tried to pick up my cousin when we were together. Valentines day for me is a day to get excited only cause chocolate on the 15th is on sale 50 percent off. I'm now a diabetic so I can't even fully enjoy that. I'll live through my characters instead xD

Aww, that is sad.  We've always had a rule that if the kids are going to bring Valentines (which is not required), they have to have one for everyone in the class.  It's definitely more fun in elementary school than junior high and high school.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2021, 10:09:45 PM »

If I remember right nick said the reason they didn't do creature from the black lagoon was cause you wouldn't be able to tell it was him with the makeup so they went with the mummy.

I feel like they could have taken some creative license and figured the makeup out like they did with the other guys.  He made a good mummy though.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2021, 10:12:11 PM »

I feel like they could have taken some creative license and figured the makeup out like they did with the other guys.  He made a good mummy though.

I think that's right, that you wouldn't be able to see his face in the makeup (though I agree, of all directors to have the creative vision to do it, that one would be it... Joseph Kahn sound right?). However, as it was in the peak of his transition from "the cute tiny one" to "teen heartthrob," seeing his face was very important.

Oh, I know. That's how all of our minds work. Obscure jokes that turn into fanfics are always the best!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:34 PM »

The not being able to enjoy chocolate half off is the icing on that disappointing cake. You're awesome! :) Mean-spirited people are not worth the time.

Aww, that is sad.  We've always had a rule that if the kids are going to bring Valentines (which is not required), they have to have one for everyone in the class.  It's definitely more fun in elementary school than junior high and high school.

Yup, that's the rule we have as well. All or none.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2021, 10:26:45 PM »

I also have a side note... Back on our sex topic: what's the least stupid way to write "If you keep looking at me like you want me, I'll have sex with you again right now." Because I have been trying different things for months and they all sound so stupid... (including that)

• "I’ll do it again if you keep looking at me like that."
  • "Keep looking at me like that if you want seconds."
  • "Keep looking at me like that and I'll have you again."
  • "$&@%!"

I've given up, basically, haha.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2021, 10:41:59 PM »

Honestly, I like it the way you originally phrased it best: "If you keep looking at me like you want me, I'll have sex with you again right now."  It's direct, no cheesy innuendos.  I would maybe shorten it to "If you keep looking at me like that, I'll have sex with you again right now."  Or "Keep looking at me like that, and I'll fuck your brains out," depending on how crude the character is LOL.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2021, 10:45:22 PM »

Idk I kinda like the second one LOL

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2021, 10:51:04 PM »

You're probably right, Julie. I looked at it again while writing it for context for y'all and thought that it actually wasn't half bad. I'll probably go pop it in and see how I feel about it in a week.

Seconds, haha. It was that way for two weeks and it just looked so stupid every time I looked at it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:52:58 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50