Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)  (Read 131389 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)
« Reply #510 on: May 03, 2021, 06:30:26 AM »

Hi hi. Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while other than when I update lol. I wanted to chime in on the other fandom thing really quick. So I've done crossover stuff before, most recently when I wrote If I Knew Then. Surprisingly a lot of my readers reacted positively to the inclusion of NSYNC. Many of them especially wanted Nick to dump Brian and date Lance. They all loved Lance lol. But I've included members from nkotb in my stuff too. So yeah the audience isn't there but it's fun for me to have a couple different characters to play with.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #511 on: May 03, 2021, 04:59:06 PM »

Hi hi. Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while other than when I update lol. I wanted to chime in on the other fandom thing really quick. So I've done crossover stuff before, most recently when I wrote If I Knew Then. Surprisingly a lot of my readers reacted positively to the inclusion of NSYNC. Many of them especially wanted Nick to dump Brian and date Lance. They all loved Lance lol. But I've included members from nkotb in my stuff too. So yeah the audience isn't there but it's fun for me to have a couple different characters to play with.

Just happy to see that you're still out there writing. :) I could totally see them wanting Nick to dump Brian if Brian was wishy-washy on Nick versus Leighanne and Lance was well-written, lol. Lance was always my favorite NSYNCer (an aside, the Progressive commercial with "Now's not a good time 3/5 of NSYNC" makes me die laughing every time); he seems the most chill out of all of them. And from my understanding, many BSB fans feel the same way with Lance being the "most tolerable" NSYNC member, lol. I kid mostly! I feel about them the same way I feel about most boybands, which is... #TeamBoybands and KTBSPA, obviously!

I'm not judging the crossover. As y'all know, the PBox universe is basically one giant crossover (as a fanfic), however, I would call the other boybanders... OOC at best, if not downright sadistic aholes at worst... to the point where I would not call it a crossover where their fans could find it and read it because they would not be pleased and might throw things at me, lol (unless you like Lance or Joey, they're pretty decent by PBox standards; if you like Justin... oof, yeah, he's something else). Here at AC... I mind less, though I suppose I did not tag O-Town this time around out of laziness more than anything else, lol.

Overall, there was no judgement in my research, other than the fact that we are four stories behind NSYNC and that needs to change asap! lol Does everyone here have a quick one chapter story in them to correct this injustice? ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:00:52 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #512 on: May 03, 2021, 06:55:03 PM »

Okay, but how long would we realistically allow them to just carry on happily? They react better when they have suffering and drama. lol I want that for a coffee mug: secretly a sadist.

Very true!  Every story needs a problem.  Some problems are just bigger than others, and some stories have lots of them LOL.

Secretly a sadist... yes!  Same.

Curiosity got the better of me. There are 212 NKOTB fanfics and 1491 NSYNC fanfics -- they have more than we do, that's a little surprising to me (by 4 stories, so we all need to get 5 more BSB stories on AO3, basically, lol). But most of the NSYNC ones on the front page are crossovers with other musicians whereas most of ours are BSB only. Also we update more frequently. Everything on our front page is from the past three weeks, but the NSYNC one goes from yesterday back to February (NKOTB goes from March back to July 2019 if anyone was curious and they mostly use NKOTB as characters, though the slashiness of the works tag for NKOTBSB Tour is worth a mention).

Wow, that is surprising there are more NSYNC fics than BSB fics on AO3!  I guess when your favorite boyband is broken up in real life, you retreat even further into the fantasy world of fanfic LOL.  The crossover thing doesn't surprise me as much, nor does the slashiness of NKOTBSB.

That's exactly what he was singing quieter than the Jaws them, lol. What are the hand motions for a Nick shark? That song needs a new verse since that version is much less dark than the camp version I learned.

As I said, percolating.

Did you learn the one with the shark attack and losing limbs? LOL

Let's check back on this in a few years and see how many of your "I probably wonts" you ended up doing, lol.

LOL Yes, we'll see!  The fact that I brought up a sequel means there's definitely a chance I will end up doing it.

Whereas my less realistic hope was "still popping with literally all the same people."

Aww, I know.  I wish that were the case!

I'd say it's "involves children," but I know you'll kill off fake BSB children, so I'm not sure there's a blanket term for this line.

Aw, poor Nickleback. I think they get a bad rap and probably don't deserve it. I think a good rule of thumb in a fanfic is "avoid lyrics unless it's a character speaking."

Yeah, my line is rather specific to killing real life BSB kids.  I am not opposed to hurting them if the plot calls for it, but I won't kill them.  I will totally kill fictional kids LOL.

I don't actually hate Nickelback; I obviously liked some of their songs in the early 2000s.  But yeah... sticking lyrics in the middle of a chapter, even between scenes, is cheesy unless it's a songfic, and the fact that they were Nickelback lyrics makes it even more cringey LOL.  That is a good rule of thumb to follow.

Not the Butternut Bread trucks!!! Didn't that thread start because of Mare's near death experiences? I've avoided so many car accidents just by not going when the light turned green because something off to the side was fishy, and thank goodness every time. Like there was one time some pedestrians were hoping on and off the edge of the sidewalk, so I paused for at least 30 seconds to a minute watching them to see if they were going to cross the street against the light and a car blew through the opposite red light at probably 40-50 mph. Thank goodness I hadn't moved yet; thanks crazy pedestrians! lol

Yes!  Same - I never venture out into an intersection without checking both ways to make sure traffic is stopped, regardless of what color the light is.  I don't trust other people!

LMFAO!!!! I love everything about this, but this is why I don't use voice to text. However, it's good that you're using cleaning time to make the most progress you can, write? ;) It recording your reaction is the best part.

Well, I tried LOL.  It usually is not that bad, but I think there was too much background noise, between me doing dishes and the episode of "Very Scary People" about the Golden State Killer I had on TV in the other room.

Edited to add: I misspoke, I guess the little Nick and Brian scene I started earlier is not the end of this chapter, but the beginning of the next chapter. So, onward! One chapter down, thirteen left to go!

Yay!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #513 on: May 03, 2021, 07:20:53 PM »

Glad to see you writing again and popping in here, Tracy!

Just happy to see that you're still out there writing. :) I could totally see them wanting Nick to dump Brian if Brian was wishy-washy on Nick versus Leighanne and Lance was well-written, lol. Lance was always my favorite NSYNCer (an aside, the Progressive commercial with "Now's not a good time 3/5 of NSYNC" makes me die laughing every time); he seems the most chill out of all of them. And from my understanding, many BSB fans feel the same way with Lance being the "most tolerable" NSYNC member, lol. I kid mostly! I feel about them the same way I feel about most boybands, which is... #TeamBoybands and KTBSPA, obviously!

I'm not judging the crossover. As y'all know, the PBox universe is basically one giant crossover (as a fanfic), however, I would call the other boybanders... OOC at best, if not downright sadistic aholes at worst... to the point where I would not call it a crossover where their fans could find it and read it because they would not be pleased and might throw things at me, lol (unless you like Lance or Joey, they're pretty decent by PBox standards; if you like Justin... oof, yeah, he's something else). Here at AC... I mind less, though I suppose I did not tag O-Town this time around out of laziness more than anything else, lol.

Overall, there was no judgement in my research, other than the fact that we are four stories behind NSYNC and that needs to change asap! lol Does everyone here have a quick one chapter story in them to correct this injustice? ;)

LOL That's how I write NSYNC as characters in my stories too.  I don't think NSYNC fans would enjoy the portrayal.  I actually don't hate NSYNC anymore, except for Justin.  I find Joey to be the most tolerable.

I just posted a one-shot companion to Curtain Call that I hadn't posted on AO3 yet.  It's backdated, so it won't show up on the most recent page, but at least we'll have one more in our fandom.  I also still need to post SAMS and AHTIM there at some point.  That sounds like a summer project.  If I get REALLY bored this summer, maybe I'll post Broken and BMS LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #514 on: May 03, 2021, 08:08:34 PM »

Very true!  Every story needs a problem.  Some problems are just bigger than others, and some stories have lots of them LOL.

Secretly a sadist... yes!  Same.

Especially when you're Team Dark, but then you gotta let some things carry on happily, I suppose.

Wow, that is surprising there are more NSYNC fics than BSB fics on AO3!  I guess when your favorite boyband is broken up in real life, you retreat even further into the fantasy world of fanfic LOL.  The crossover thing doesn't surprise me as much, nor does the slashiness of NKOTBSB.

Maybe that's it, the fantasy world of fanfic. I looked and there is not a separate category for Justin Timberlake, so I guess I'm a little surprised there's not more NSYNC fanfics, just for Justin stuff.

I guess I pointed it out more as a "huh, why don't we crossover as much as they do" type thing.

Did you learn the one with the shark attack and losing limbs? LOL

I sure did and was relieved that was not the song my Pre-Ks were into! Though part of me was like, "Well, sure, start them young on the path to darkness," lol.

LOL Yes, we'll see!  The fact that I brought up a sequel means there's definitely a chance I will end up doing it.

It's fun over here. You know you want to come back, lol.

Aww, I know.  I wish that were the case!

Maybe there's someone else out there like me who got back into it over 2020, but it's not far enough along yet that they think they're ready to post again. I keep hoping to see additional familiar faces who will join our shenanigans.

Yeah, my line is rather specific to killing real life BSB kids.  I am not opposed to hurting them if the plot calls for it, but I won't kill them.  I will totally kill fictional kids LOL.

I don't actually hate Nickelback; I obviously liked some of their songs in the early 2000s.  But yeah... sticking lyrics in the middle of a chapter, even between scenes, is cheesy unless it's a songfic, and the fact that they were Nickelback lyrics makes it even more cringey LOL.  That is a good rule of thumb to follow.

I'm kind of anti-bad stuff happening to kids in general, but definitely BSB kids and most of that is because I'd rather not write about them at all. I guess, unless it was Nick in his backstory. He can continue to be the owner of so much baggage.

I say, let it live in the early 2000s. Sometimes these things happen back then, lol. Accidentally or purposefully Backstreeting is the exception to this rule, of course.

Yes!  Same - I never venture out into an intersection without checking both ways to make sure traffic is stopped, regardless of what color the light is.  I don't trust other people!

Driving is a dangerous sport indeed, lol.

Well, I tried LOL.  It usually is not that bad, but I think there was too much background noise, between me doing dishes and the episode of "Very Scary People" about the Golden State Killer I had on TV in the other room.

And I commend you for trying and giving me a good laugh. That's a lot of background noise for trying to voice to text. I wonder how much of it was you actually speaking, how much was the show, and how much was sink noise.

Was a mother even part of it at all, even if she wasn't dating out there? lol

LOL That's how I write NSYNC as characters in my stories too.  I don't think NSYNC fans would enjoy the portrayal.  I actually don't hate NSYNC anymore, except for Justin.  I find Joey to be the most tolerable.

To be fair, I'm sure there were plenty of NSYNC fanfics where the Boys were the villains. I would just never read them, lol. I always like to think there's a NSYNC version of PBox out there where the roles are reversed and Nick is sadistic and licking blood off his sword or something.

I never really hated them, but Justin is his own kind of special. I find Joey pretty tolerable as well (like I said, PBox gives Lance and Joey the best treatment). I would, however, point out all the ways the Backstreet Boys were better and not back down. Support your team over putting down the other one (unless it's your husband's fantasy football team, then he deserves so much trash talkin').

I just posted a one-shot companion to Curtain Call that I hadn't posted on AO3 yet.  It's backdated, so it won't show up on the most recent page, but at least we'll have one more in our fandom.  I also still need to post SAMS and AHTIM there at some point.  That sounds like a summer project.  If I get REALLY bored this summer, maybe I'll post Broken and BMS LOL.

You are so fast at fulfilling my call to action, lol!

I'm trying to not think about it too hard, but it feels like my immediate plans post-PNecklace will be Snail, which I don't know how 1,000 Ways works over there if it's a separate story or just a chapter (it's just a chapter here yeah?)... And then I may lean toward a short comedy/dramady of some sort. Or just go for broke and start writing PDemons. One of the two. Nick is Brian's guardian angel feels a little too serious to tackle right this second and my gut says to finish off PBox&Co before going back to Gobosei, but who knows, maybe I'll want a bigger PBox&Co break than I'm thinking. But as I said, I'm trying not to think about it too hard because I still have 12.5 chapters to go!

Speaking of, I'm up to 1,344 words today so far! I may finish another chapter today! :o
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #515 on: May 03, 2021, 09:19:03 PM »

Maybe that's it, the fantasy world of fanfic. I looked and there is not a separate category for Justin Timberlake, so I guess I'm a little surprised there's not more NSYNC fanfics, just for Justin stuff.

I guess I pointed it out more as a "huh, why don't we crossover as much as they do" type thing.

I'm surprised there's not a separate JT category, since he's been a solo artist for way longer than he was in NSYNC.

There used to be a lot more BSB/NSYNC crossovers back in the day, but I guess we as a fandom have moved on from that.  Random BSB crossovers with other things still pop up now and then, but I guess it's never really been a big thing for us.

I sure did and was relieved that was not the song my Pre-Ks were into! Though part of me was like, "Well, sure, start them young on the path to darkness," lol.

Hehe, that's why I like teaching older kids.  They love the dark stuff!

Maybe there's someone else out there like me who got back into it over 2020, but it's not far enough along yet that they think they're ready to post again. I keep hoping to see additional familiar faces who will join our shenanigans.

A few people came to check in when quarantine started last year, but they didn't stay.  Why do they always leave us?! *sobs*

I'm kind of anti-bad stuff happening to kids in general, but definitely BSB kids and most of that is because I'd rather not write about them at all. I guess, unless it was Nick in his backstory. He can continue to be the owner of so much baggage.

I tend to use kids, real or fake, as plot devices more than anything.  Need to break up a Backstreet Boy's marriage or make him lose his faith in God?  Kill a kid!  I don't enjoy doing it, but sometimes it's a necessary evil.

Was a mother even part of it at all, even if she wasn't dating out there? lol

Yeah, the mother part was legit, just not the dating part LOL.

I'm trying to not think about it too hard, but it feels like my immediate plans post-PNecklace will be Snail, which I don't know how 1,000 Ways works over there if it's a separate story or just a chapter (it's just a chapter here yeah?)... And then I may lean toward a short comedy/dramady of some sort. Or just go for broke and start writing PDemons. One of the two. Nick is Brian's guardian angel feels a little too serious to tackle right this second and my gut says to finish off PBox&Co before going back to Gobosei, but who knows, maybe I'll want a bigger PBox&Co break than I'm thinking. But as I said, I'm trying not to think about it too hard because I still have 12.5 chapters to go!

Speaking of, I'm up to 1,344 words today so far! I may finish another chapter today! :o

1000 Ways is a collection over there, which means everyone who wants to can post their deaths as individual stories and then add them to the collection to tie them all together.  Only a small percentage of the AC deaths are cross-posted there.  https://archiveofourown.org/users/RokofAges75/collections  Here each one is a chapter in the round robin story.

It's nice you have so many options to choose from!  Wait and see how you feel when you're done  (or almost done) with PNecklace.

Wow, over 1000 words on a weeknight!  Good for you!  I've written a few hundred so far today.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #516 on: May 03, 2021, 09:44:07 PM »

I'm surprised there's not a separate JT category, since he's been a solo artist for way longer than he was in NSYNC.

There used to be a lot more BSB/NSYNC crossovers back in the day, but I guess we as a fandom have moved on from that.  Random BSB crossovers with other things still pop up now and then, but I guess it's never really been a big thing for us.

I was too. I even went to look into the "real people and celebrities" section to see if he was listed there. He was not.

I think there comes a point when you have to stop writing about the other band that's been broken up for decades if yours is not broken up. (I'll let you know when that is for me. Meanwhile, I will continue to write my villains as NSYNC and other boybands in name only, lol)

Hehe, that's why I like teaching older kids.  They love the dark stuff!

I guess this year I have some second and third graders I could convert, lol. I have a month left to teach them my ways.

A few people came to check in when quarantine started last year, but they didn't stay.  Why do they always leave us?! *sobs*

So you're saying I've made a mistake and should have just popped in and left? Oh well, I'm still writing and I've carved out a nice cushy place on Wednesdays, I think I'll stay, lol.

I tend to use kids, real or fake, as plot devices more than anything.  Need to break up a Backstreet Boy's marriage or make him lose his faith in God?  Kill a kid!  I don't enjoy doing it, but sometimes it's a necessary evil.

Part of me finds it funny and part of me finds it horrifying that the easiest way to break up a marriage is to kill a kid... lol. I see you writing "a Backtreet Boy" and I'm just reading "Brian."

Yeah, the mother part was legit, just not the dating part LOL.

You should let that mother date! Mothers deserve a good time too! Especially if she's out there dating Hot Mess Nick.  :D

1000 Ways is a collection over there, which means everyone who wants to can post their deaths as individual stories and then add them to the collection to tie them all together.  Only a small percentage of the AC deaths are cross-posted there.  https://archiveofourown.org/users/RokofAges75/collections  Here each one is a chapter in the round robin story.

Helpful! I will probably request help again when the time comes to actually post the thing, lol. Some of those titles... too funny.

It's nice you have so many options to choose from!  Wait and see how you feel when you're done  (or almost done) with PNecklace.

Wow, over 1000 words on a weeknight!  Good for you!  I've written a few hundred so far today.

I have a decade of fanfic writing to catch up on, lol. As I said, I'm trying not to think about it too much, just putting it out there in the universe, though.

I know! At this rate, I'll be done in a week and half! That seems like some severe wishful thinking though. I think it's because it's been raining all day. I never want to do much of anything productive when it rains... except write a ridiculous amount, apparently.

A few hundred is great! I hope this chapter where Howie gets some time to shine goes great! (I am only basing this off of the "Howie said" from yesterday.)

Here's a fun question for the day:

Anyone have any non-writing goals this month?

And have we talked about external factors that make for a good writing day? (Not including inspiration or time.)
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #517 on: May 03, 2021, 10:05:14 PM »

I think there comes a point when you have to stop writing about the other band that's been broken up for decades if yours is not broken up. (I'll let you know when that is for me. Meanwhile, I will continue to write my villains as NSYNC and other boybands in name only, lol)

LOL!  I will keep writing them in 00Carter if we ever continue that.  Otherwise, I think my days of writing NSYNC as villains are mostly over.  (I added the "mostly" when I remembered I killed Lance off in a story just last year.  But he was actually being helpful, not a villain.  I still made fun of him.)

So you're saying I've made a mistake and should have just popped in and left? Oh well, I'm still writing and I've carved out a nice cushy place on Wednesdays, I think I'll stay, lol.

Not at all!  I'm glad you stayed!  But then, you've never been one to follow the trend.

Part of me finds it funny and part of me finds it horrifying that the easiest way to break up a marriage is to kill a kid... lol. I see you writing "a Backtreet Boy" and I'm just reading "Brian."

LOL Not just Brian!  I've done it to Nick and Howie too.  (Technically, Howie's kid didn't die, just contracted an incurable illness.)

You should let that mother date! Mothers deserve a good time too! Especially if she's out there dating Hot Mess Nick.  :D

It's Kevin's mom, so maybe she should date!  But not Hot Mess Nick. LOL

I know! At this rate, I'll be done in a week and half! That seems like some severe wishful thinking though. I think it's because it's been raining all day. I never want to do much of anything productive when it rains... except write a ridiculous amount, apparently.

A few hundred is great! I hope this chapter where Howie gets some time to shine goes great! (I am only basing this off of the "Howie said" from yesterday.)

Wow, you're on a roll!  Rainy days really are perfect for writing.

LOL If Howie having a few lines of dialogue equates him shining, then yes!  It's going great!  Actually, I'm probably a few paragraphs away from finishing this chapter, which is almost 5000 words long now... so I guess that means it is going well!

Here's a fun question for the day:

Anyone have any non-writing goals this month?

And have we talked about external factors that make for a good writing day? (Not including inspiration or time.)

My only non-writing goal is to make it to the end of the school year!  I actually can't complain; for as crazy as this year could have been, it hasn't been bad at all.  I was blessed with an amazing class to teach through the pandemic.

As for external factors that make for a good writing day...
- no work or planned social activities (but I guess that would also fall under the category of "time")
- bad weather (rainy days are the best!)
- caffeine (plenty of coffee and diet soda)
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #518 on: May 03, 2021, 10:31:09 PM »

LOL!  I will keep writing them in 00Carter if we ever continue that.  Otherwise, I think my days of writing NSYNC as villains are mostly over.  (I added the "mostly" when I remembered I killed Lance off in a story just last year.  But he was actually being helpful, not a villain.  I still made fun of him.)

I'm still down. I need some comedy to offset the constant dark drama that is PBox&Co and secret agent Nick really writes itself. Y'all should add me back in the collaborator list on that at some point, especially if we do continue it.

Aw, poor helpful Lance. He probably didn't deserve to die, lol.

Not at all!  I'm glad you stayed!  But then, you've never been one to follow the trend.

Hooray! I am too, I was joking, lol. And apparently I'm AJ? I have never been AJ before... I can't think of any dirty jokes right now; I'm not a very good AJ, lol.

LOL Not just Brian!  I've done it to Nick and Howie too.  (Technically, Howie's kid didn't die, just contracted an incurable illness.)

"Died some time in the future off screen" is still dying, Julie.

It's Kevin's mom, so maybe she should date!  But not Hot Mess Nick. LOL

Kevin would put up with that for about two seconds. I can't imagine any of them dating each others' family, although didn't Nick date one of Howie's sisters for a while? Or cousin or something?

Wow, you're on a roll!  Rainy days really are perfect for writing.

I think it's because it feels like there's no reason to be anywhere besides home?

Tomorrow is a later day for me, so if the writing keeps going well, I might stay up and see what happens. It's always easy when Nick and Brian get to joke at each other. Some day I should be really mean to Nick and split them up. Meanwhile, they make me laugh:

Brian put his hand on Nick’s shoulder. “Several things are different, but several things are the same, huh?”

“They sure are, overly friendly stranger who likes to follow others for days.” Nick glanced up at Brian, then a smirk crossed his face.

Brian wiped a fake tear from his eye. “I just knew we were destined to become wonderful friends, troubled and loud quick-tempered boy!”

LOL If Howie having a few lines of dialogue equates him shining, then yes!  It's going great!  Actually, I'm probably a few paragraphs away from finishing this chapter, which is almost 5000 words long now... so I guess that means it is going well!

You said he was "just kind of there," so if he has a speaking role, that's shining, lol. You're so close! And wow, 5,000 words! Great work! That is a decent chapter for montage land. I don't know if I want to encourage you to finish it or tell you to leave it for tomorrow so you can get back into the groove sooner.

My only non-writing goal is to make it to the end of the school year!  I actually can't complain; for as crazy as this year could have been, it hasn't been bad at all.  I was blessed with an amazing class to teach through the pandemic.

As for external factors that make for a good writing day...
- no work or planned social activities (but I guess that would also fall under the category of "time")
- bad weather (rainy days are the best!)
- caffeine (plenty of coffee and diet soda)

Aw, glad your kiddos have been great. I think that's mine too. Make it through this crazy school year and get these kids into summer.

I agree with bad weather and caffeine. I'm also usually pretty productive when the hubs is on a work trip, like now. Rain and hubs being gone means I have lots of time to myself and no where to be, lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up early, drink some coffee, and write another chapter! (That would be insane.) Apparently all I needed was to get through that last little arc I was writing to hit the home stretch, although barely anything at the end was begging to be written ahead of time (except the end end, lol).

A clean house helps too, I think. Then there's really nothing else to do.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM »

I'm still down. I need some comedy to offset the constant dark drama that is PBox&Co and secret agent Nick really writes itself. Y'all should add me back in the collaborator list on that at some point, especially if we do continue it.

Aw, poor helpful Lance. He probably didn't deserve to die, lol.

I am too!  Maybe we can get Rose back on board this summer.  I just added you back to the co-author list.

No, he didn't, but it was worth it for the joke I got out of it LOL.

"Died some time in the future off screen" is still dying, Julie.

Every man dies.  Not every man really lives.

No, in my mind, Lil Plot Device Dorough went on to live a long and full life with the help of medication.  Yeah science!

Kevin would put up with that for about two seconds. I can't imagine any of them dating each others' family, although didn't Nick date one of Howie's sisters for a while? Or cousin or something?

LOL There's a new pairing for AO3... Nick/Kevin's mom.  I bet that's never been done!  Howie's sisters are older than him, so I doubt any of them ever dated Nick, but maybe a cousin or niece or something?  I don't know.

I think it's because it feels like there's no reason to be anywhere besides home?

Yep, that's exactly it.  If it's raining, I can't do yard work, can't go out for a walk, can't go hang out at my friend's pool, etc.  Perfect excuse to stay home, stay in, and write!

Tomorrow is a later day for me, so if the writing keeps going well, I might stay up and see what happens. It's always easy when Nick and Brian get to joke at each other. Some day I should be really mean to Nick and split them up. Meanwhile, they make me laugh:

Brian put his hand on Nick’s shoulder. “Several things are different, but several things are the same, huh?”

“They sure are, overly friendly stranger who likes to follow others for days.” Nick glanced up at Brian, then a smirk crossed his face.

Brian wiped a fake tear from his eye. “I just knew we were destined to become wonderful friends, troubled and loud quick-tempered boy!”

Aww, Frick and Frack cuteness!  I hope your writing went well so you could stay up late last night!

You said he was "just kind of there," so if he has a speaking role, that's shining, lol. You're so close! And wow, 5,000 words! Great work! That is a decent chapter for montage land. I don't know if I want to encourage you to finish it or tell you to leave it for tomorrow so you can get back into the groove sooner.

I ended up with a decent word count for a weeknight (600 something) last night and then wrote 256 words while getting ready this morning!  The more that becomes a part of my daily routine, the better I do with it.  I haven't written much more tonight, but I did finish my chapter!  It ended up being 5,496 words!  I think that's my longest chapter so far in this story.

I agree with bad weather and caffeine. I'm also usually pretty productive when the hubs is on a work trip, like now. Rain and hubs being gone means I have lots of time to myself and no where to be, lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up early, drink some coffee, and write another chapter! (That would be insane.) Apparently all I needed was to get through that last little arc I was writing to hit the home stretch, although barely anything at the end was begging to be written ahead of time (except the end end, lol).

A clean house helps too, I think. Then there's really nothing else to do.

Yes!  I agree about the clean house, and if I didn't live alone, I would definitely agree about the husband or roommates being gone.  I would have a hard time with anyone else in the house.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #520 on: May 04, 2021, 10:09:16 PM »

I am too!  Maybe we can get Rose back on board this summer.  I just added you back to the co-author list.

No, he didn't, but it was worth it for the joke I got out of it LOL.

Summer's probably a good time to attempt it. I'll have finished another project by then, so I'll be ready for something else. Sweet; now I look slightly more recently prolific, lol.

Killing people off for jokes, tsk tsk.

Every man dies.  Not every man really lives.

No, in my mind, Lil Plot Device Dorough went on to live a long and full life with the help of medication.  Yeah science!

Aw, I hope science did help out Lil Plot Device Dorough! With a name like that, you're clearly meant to go places. ;)

LOL There's a new pairing for AO3... Nick/Kevin's mom.  I bet that's never been done!  Howie's sisters are older than him, so I doubt any of them ever dated Nick, but maybe a cousin or niece or something?  I don't know.

Now that you mention niece, I think it was a niece. I feel like I've heard Howie talk about Nick being at his house all the time for the ladies and not Howie, lol. Poor Howie. I like to think it was for loving family time and cute girls being a bonus. Was this in the doc? I swear I'm not making it up! lol

I said yesterday that Kevin wouldn't put up with that... I can't imagine Kevin's mom putting up with Hot Mess Nick, to be honest, lol.

Yep, that's exactly it.  If it's raining, I can't do yard work, can't go out for a walk, can't go hang out at my friend's pool, etc.  Perfect excuse to stay home, stay in, and write!

Let's think of the things we can do. Write. Make coffee. Watch tv. Clean the house. Nap. May as well write, lol.

Aww, Frick and Frack cuteness!  I hope your writing went well so you could stay up late last night!

As you know, I am a sucker for Frick and Frack. I went to bed at the regular time, lol. But I've written about 500 words today so far, so I will stay on my two days per chapter streak. I also wrote 100 words of dialogue for something that is not at all PNecklace related and immediately closed it because I didn't want to think about it, but it was stuck in my head and I decided it needed to get out so I could go back to not thinking about it, lol.

I ended up with a decent word count for a weeknight (600 something) last night and then wrote 256 words while getting ready this morning!  The more that becomes a part of my daily routine, the better I do with it.  I haven't written much more tonight, but I did finish my chapter!  It ended up being 5,496 words!  I think that's my longest chapter so far in this story.

That is a decent weeknight word count! I think that's about where I'll end up today unless I get motivated on the chapter after this one, which is possible. I'm happy you're making morning writing part of your routine and that it's going well! 256 words is a lot while getting ready.

Wow, almost 5,500 words! That's a lot! Glad Kevin in montage land is getting some good stuff written about him! I'm happy you finished the chapter! I hope you get a little more writing in so you have a good cliff hanger to start with tomorrow morning. :)

Yes!  I agree about the clean house, and if I didn't live alone, I would definitely agree about the husband or roommates being gone.  I would have a hard time with anyone else in the house.

I know, you like your solitude while writing. I don't know if listening to hubs' background baseball noise makes writing go better or worse, but I'm happy he's back for the next 24 hours. Then back to me alone again. Maybe I'll write a million words on Thursday, lol.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #521 on: May 05, 2021, 12:26:37 AM »

So I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but checked my chapter word count and thought "Ugh, I can write 100 more words in the next twenty minutes or so to finish this chapter." So I set myself up a little fifteen minute word sprint and wrote about 400 words, but hadn't reached the end of the chapter yet (since I knew the cliffhanger I wanted to leave it on), so I kept writing and wrote 300 more words, then went back in and filled in my lazy word sprint notes to myself (describe x).

Apparently these little word sprints really get the job done. Where have these been my whole life?

So, I ended up writing about 1,600 words total today and finished another chapter. I apparently am doing two days per chapter right now, lol. Two down, twelve to go. Tomorrow is update day and Masked Singer, so I can't really see myself keeping up this pace, but who knows! Tomorrow's my real test, I suppose. My word count is on par with May 10th, so at least I'm a few days ahead of myself if the rest of the week is a little less wordy. Still writing six words a minute though; clearly not very fast!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #522 on: May 05, 2021, 08:33:52 PM »

Guys, update day takes so long, lol. I haven't even written anything yet today.  :o I have to get on that.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:57 PM »

Now that you mention niece, I think it was a niece. I feel like I've heard Howie talk about Nick being at his house all the time for the ladies and not Howie, lol. Poor Howie. I like to think it was for loving family time and cute girls being a bonus. Was this in the doc? I swear I'm not making it up! lol

You're probably right.  I don't remember for sure.

As you know, I am a sucker for Frick and Frack. I went to bed at the regular time, lol. But I've written about 500 words today so far, so I will stay on my two days per chapter streak. I also wrote 100 words of dialogue for something that is not at all PNecklace related and immediately closed it because I didn't want to think about it, but it was stuck in my head and I decided it needed to get out so I could go back to not thinking about it, lol.

Ooh, I'm intrigued.  It's good to get it down on paper so it will leave you alone - and so you won't forget it later.

That is a decent weeknight word count! I think that's about where I'll end up today unless I get motivated on the chapter after this one, which is possible. I'm happy you're making morning writing part of your routine and that it's going well! 256 words is a lot while getting ready.

Wow, almost 5,500 words! That's a lot! Glad Kevin in montage land is getting some good stuff written about him! I'm happy you finished the chapter! I hope you get a little more writing in so you have a good cliff hanger to start with tomorrow morning. :)

I know, you like your solitude while writing. I don't know if listening to hubs' background baseball noise makes writing go better or worse, but I'm happy he's back for the next 24 hours. Then back to me alone again. Maybe I'll write a million words on Thursday, lol.

Yeah, that's probably the most I've ever written while getting ready.  Now that I am documenting my start and stop times on Nano, I realized I had it open for about 45 minutes as I was getting ready.  Usually it's more like 15 minutes while I dry my hair, and I get less than 100 words written.  This morning I wrote 72, which was the start of the next chapter, so at least that's out of the way.

Glad you get your hubby back for a day... and then more time to yourself tomorrow.  That sounds like a good balance.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2021, 08:42:59 PM »

So I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but checked my chapter word count and thought "Ugh, I can write 100 more words in the next twenty minutes or so to finish this chapter." So I set myself up a little fifteen minute word sprint and wrote about 400 words, but hadn't reached the end of the chapter yet (since I knew the cliffhanger I wanted to leave it on), so I kept writing and wrote 300 more words, then went back in and filled in my lazy word sprint notes to myself (describe x).

Apparently these little word sprints really get the job done. Where have these been my whole life?

So, I ended up writing about 1,600 words total today and finished another chapter. I apparently am doing two days per chapter right now, lol. Two down, twelve to go. Tomorrow is update day and Masked Singer, so I can't really see myself keeping up this pace, but who knows! Tomorrow's my real test, I suppose. My word count is on par with May 10th, so at least I'm a few days ahead of myself if the rest of the week is a little less wordy. Still writing six words a minute though; clearly not very fast!

That's awesome!  I love those nights when I just can't stop writing, even if it means I'm extra tired the next day.  The word sprints really do seem to help!

My word count is back down to 2 words a minute LOL, so at least you're faster than me.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50