Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Writing & Thread (aka The Writing Thread 4)  (Read 94237 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Writing & Thread (aka The Writing Thread 4)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »

It felt really odd to sing along to an NSYNC song at a event for Nick and AJ lmao. Like I didn't know that all I needed to enjoy NSYNC was having no Justin and Nick instead but apparently that's the case! Justin is a douche so, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Joey was hilarious, ran into him a few times at the after party when I was trying to get to the restroom lol. Lance was a total sweetheart and so was his husband. Both are pretty funny actually.

Rochelle was there and I went to thank her last night cause back in February she'd reached out to me about my dad's passing and it'd really touched me that she did that. When I went to explain she stopped me and goes "oh I know who you are Rose, I recognize your face!" then hugged me. I was pretty shocked she not only knew me, but knew my name before I could even say it LOL. Lauren's freaking awesome, ended up chatting with her for a bit. Then she asked what my name was and made sure to take a selfie with me. I ran into Nick multiple times, and after Nick took a selfie with me I ended up stuck in a corner with him as a crowd mobbed him lmao so we ended up chatting for awhile. Oh no...trapped with Nick, what a shame! Then later that night I got pulled into his cabana table at the club and he ended up taking another selfie with me. Which looks better cause he had the phone that time, but it's funny cause both of us were drunk in the photo LOL. And he kept hugging me because he loved my shirt (it said Nick Is My Favorite Four Letter Word) and the fact I came out from Vegas.

The event itself was pretty fun. For 50$ we were fed, played bingo, and got a free drink. And of course got a few songs out of it, not too bad. I wish the Boys had hosted bingo but oh well. Fun fact though, Nala from AJ's Love Song Love video was at my table so I made friends with her LOL. She's pretty funny. Basically it was a pretty good day and I have no regrets in going. It was just, freeing to be at an event, going crazy at an afterparty after the past year, you know?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2021, 10:51:18 PM »

Sounds like so much fun!  You got some great pics!  I love that you got to meet and talk to Rochelle and Lauren!  That's really cool that Rochelle recognized you!  I love her.  Glad you had such a great time!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2021, 11:46:27 PM »

It felt really odd to sing along to an NSYNC song at a event for Nick and AJ lmao. Like I didn't know that all I needed to enjoy NSYNC was having no Justin and Nick instead but apparently that's the case! Justin is a douche so, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Joey was hilarious, ran into him a few times at the after party when I was trying to get to the restroom lol. Lance was a total sweetheart and so was his husband. Both are pretty funny actually.

If you pretend Justin isn't in NSYNC, they get infinitely better. That is so true. (Although, I do love Trolls; I cannot help it... but I laugh harder than I should at "singing killed my grandma" every time. This is neither here nor there. Let's carry on.)

Oh no...trapped with Nick, what a shame!

LMFAO!

The event itself was pretty fun. For 50$ we were fed, played bingo, and got a free drink. And of course got a few songs out of it, not too bad. I wish the Boys had hosted bingo but oh well. Fun fact though, Nala from AJ's Love Song Love video was at my table so I made friends with her LOL. She's pretty funny. Basically it was a pretty good day and I have no regrets in going. It was just, freeing to be at an event, going crazy at an afterparty after the past year, you know?

I'm glad you had such a great time too! All your interactions sounded awesome. :) What a great way to have some fun after the past year. :) I'm glad you took some time for yourself and had a good day.

I'm clearing my calendar for Backstreet time for the foreseeable future and will crash next time, lol.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2021, 11:58:33 PM »

You can do it!!

I did not do it, lol. But I did write 4,192 words today and finished two out of three chapters (although at least some of that was finishing rewriting half of them to fix pacing, then they went easily for all the new new words). I hit a tired wall about an hour ago and kept refreshing my stats for about twenty minutes, hoping they would magically say I was done... they did not, lol. But I've only got a little less than 2,000 words to go total. I think I can do it tomorrow easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

I must admit, the BackSync thing was pretty entertaining.  The BSB vs. NSYNC thing is still so engrained in me, it feels weird to find myself enjoying videos of them performing each other's songs together, but I did.  My inner fourteen-year-old's head was about to explode last night LOL.  But NSYNC songs are so much better with two Backstreet Boys instead of Justin and JC.  If I had to pick a favorite NSYNCer, it's always been Joey, and for as much as I've made fun of Lance over the years, he really does seem like a fun guy.

I know! Every time they're like "We were fine. There was no rivalry," I want to scream a little, lol. It's really the no Justin that sells it. If every other NSYNCer was there, it would be fine. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if BSB has to be in a boyband supergroup, BackSync is preferable to NKOTBSB. However, New Kids on the 98-Town BackSYNC is where I draw the line. lol. Although... Could definitely give BTS a run for their money. ;)

Chris seems okay too.  I guess Home Depot didn't give him the night off to join the others this time - too bad.

LMFAO! It's just the "too bad" at the end, lol.

I have been writing slowly, but steadily this afternoon.  It's the first day I've had to myself since Tuesday, so I'm enjoying it.  I feel like I've been more productive than I actually have in terms of word count, but part of that time was spent looking at pictures of Kevin's old house and trying to figure out how the rooms are laid out.  I drew myself a little blueprint, and it helped.  Hoping to finish Chapter 21 today.

Same here, first day to myself in a minute.

Blueprints are super productive on top of writing! I'm impressed. Also, I want to see them, lol. That's great that you've made it to Chapter 21! Sending you lots of good vibes! I take it the long Nick chapter went well? I'm half caught up, lol.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:58:08 AM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2021, 12:34:53 AM »

LOL Yeah, jeez... reading all that would probably make him some paranoid hypochondriac!  He already said in his book that he is a little bit of a hypochondriac (aren't we all?), so yeah... stay far, far away from the fanfics, Nick!

LMAO That's a good point; Kevin would have had to have come across multiple stories where he and Nick hook up to say that.  I think after Frick/Frack, Kevin/Nick is probably the second most popular pairing.  Speaking of Frick/Frack, I would pay the most money to watch Brian's face as he reads those tags... hahaha!!!

A paranoid hypocondriac constantly fearing being stabbed, killed, or kidnapped... among other things, lol. You should stay far away, Nick, it's better for your health!

Speaking of stabbing Nick, I tossed this line into my writing today because it made me laugh:

Nick pushed toward the staircase, his feet sinking against the ground with each step. Guess I can’t go one fight without getting stabbed…

I feel like this is good thing to do while drunk, google yourself on the internet. I'm sure Kevin could have afforded mobile on cell phone when it first started being a thing and just browsed the internet on the bus. Not sure that's what he expected to find while googling himself, but... it is what it is when you're a celebrity. I would be pretty surprised if fanfic about me existed, though. Yes! LOL! I would also absolutely pay the most money to see Brian's face. Do we just aggregate tags or put certain stories in order so he can read them as the tags get progressively more graphic? lol.

At least we could hand SAMS to Howie so he doesn't feel left out. Or maybe he would be happy to be left out?

Same!  I always feel the need to tell the whole story instead of just showing a slice of it.  I read a one-shot the other day that was just Nick sitting by Brian's hospital bed, reflecting on their relationship as he waited for him to wake up.  It was a nice piece of angst, but of course I would like to read the moments leading up to that one and know what happens next.  But I guess that works well when you have an idea for one vivid scene and want to write it without messing around with the build-up or follow-up.

I guess when I write out of order, that's the same concept as writing a one-shot, but it's generally never enough for an entire scene on its own (since as I've mentioned, it's usually just chunks of dialogue without any actions or clear tags) and definitely belongs to a larger narrative that I'd rather tell in full.

That is angsty, but how did Brian end up in the hospital? What did they do after he woke up? I didn't even read it and I feel like I need more context, lol.

I guess those vivid scenes are how I'm thinking of "Nick is Brian's guardian angel" right now, but it feels like an idea that would be wasted on short one-shots. Not that they wouldn't be awesome, just like you said, I always feel like I have more story. Until my next decade-long hiatus, I suppose, lol. Kidding! (I hope.)

I also thought it was going to be about a penguin, but it's about a magpie named Penguin!  It's still very cute, and they used real magpies in the movie!  They had a whole list of their names in the credits.  It was definitely right up my alley, but sometimes I am disappointed by movies like that because they turn out to be cheesy.  I watched one last week that was also right up my alley, 2 Hearts, and it was cheesy.  This one was touching, but well done and not too cheesy.  I loved it!

Aww, magpies. Adorable. I love that all the magpies were credited! Do they have SAG cards now? lol I guess I never mind too much if they end up cheesy. I tend to assume movies like that are cheesy, so when they're not cheesy, I'm pleasantly surprised. I have some movies to catch up on here in the next week or so, lol.

Yeah, it's definitely easier to stay in the writing groove to some extent if I already have a project going.  The last two years haven't been as bad because I was very into A Heart That Isn't Mine in 2019 and Bethlehem last year.  I expect to still be writing MBK when I go back to school, so that will help.  Otherwise it's easy to just focus on school and stop writing from August until Christmas break, and then I spend half my break trying to get back into writing.  I'll probably take a break from setting Nano goals after July though, so I don't have that added pressure in August.

That makes sense. I think that and writing every day was what made it fairly easy to keep going after November NaNo last year. I get how easy it is to get sucked into focusing on school, so I'm glad you'll have a project to give you some breaks. Don't give yourself unnecessary pressure in August unless it feels fun and exciting! August is hard enough. I'll probably also be a little more lax after July, unless I'm chugging along on something new. I added 26 words to my "blep2" document today, so who knows!

That's a good idea for a July goal.  I wish you could leave it open-ended and just see how many words or short stories you can write, but I guess you have to give it an arbitrary number to make it a goal.  Some of the challenges have a word count limit, so maybe you could pick out a few you want to try and base it on that.

Hm, what if you wrote a short story using only epithets and no character names?  See if readers can figure out who's who LOL.

I would have also loved something more open-ended, like "Chapters" which is actually my goal at the moment. But, I get it. Word count is the easiest way to track the length of a novel (it being "National Novel Writing Month" and all) when you think about what industry standards are. I'm probably about two times too wordy for YA novels, so I have some soul searching to do as I rewrite, lol.

Oh, funny story. I was excitedly telling hubby that I only had a little less than 3,000 words to write before being done with the story during dinner tonight. He knows a little more about it now in general including some spoilers, so he says "It's only 3,000 words? That doesn't sound like a novel. Especially one with [spoilers]." And I was like, "Oh, no. It's probably around 200,000 words total. I have about 3,000 left." "200,000 words? That's a lot. You should take a nap when you're done." lol :)

If I'm going to write an entire short story, I think I'll need your advice on epithets, since you know so many of them, lol. I should probably start with "The one with the frosted tips" in honor of Nick's recent projects, lol.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2021, 12:41:22 AM »

Yeah I haven't really talked about Take Me Home a whole lot, it's been on pause for about a year or so. I'd like to finish it eventually cause it's a really good story, at least I think so anyway. It's an AU and Science fiction. I don't want to give a whole lot away but the premise is Nick wakes up one day with no memories and is told he's been through something, and as the story goes on he gets bits and pieces. He and Brian are the main characters. This one does have aliens in it sort of, but it's not like that idea I mentioned before on the other thread. I'm glad my ideas are intriguing because I find them interesting too.

I think it's great that you've been going back to your older ideas and getting them done. Gives me hope for myself in the future. I'm a sucker for an amnesia story, so I'm totally in.  :biggrin:

I usually don't look for writing prompts, but I found myself go ogling it the other night to see if anything jumped out at me. I have been watching a bunch of stuff to see if I am inspired as well. The final chapter of History is taking my main focus right now, and it's going pretty well. I might have an update done by Wednesday, at least that's what I am shooting for.

I'm belated in responding to this, but I'm glad the last chapter of History went well and that you completed it! Congratulation s again! I hope inspiration continues to strike on Take Me Home (I have read on, just slow to respond). :)
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2021, 12:50:52 AM »

Glad to hear the last chapter of History is going well!

I had a good afternoon writing session.  I wrote for about three and a half hours and got 1,747 words written.  My Nick chapter is over 6,500 words now LOL.  I still have one more (short?) scene planned for it, but we'll see.

My average daily word count on Nano is now 666... LOL.  I hope this isn't a bad omen of me not making my goal. ;)

Awesome! Almost 2,000 words in three hours! Glad Nick's getting some word count to match Kevin, lol.

"Short?" lol! This is exactly me and I both enjoy and am deeply troubled by it.

LOL! Hmmm... well, as someone writing a story about demons, I can assure you that nothing terrible has happened to me yet. In fact, I would argue that 666 just means you'll have a devilishly good time making your goal. ;)

Also you're up to 4 words a minute! Keep typing!

Jumping in about comments:

I used to read comments on other stories to try to figure out if I wanted to read it or not. Sometimes if I saw the same people who tended to read and comment on my stuff, it would tell me maybe the story was the same kind I wrote. On the other hand, if it was reviewed by all the romance people I avoided it.

Interesting! Did you ever skip something based on the reviewer base that someone later recommended to you and you ended up loving? Or was that a pretty solid recommendation tactic in and of itself?

Welcome back, and happy belated anniversary!  Hope you enjoyed your staycation!

Thanks, thanks, and thanks!  :-* Two years down! :) It was great, as I mentioned, though my back is already sore again post-massage. I think I'm firmly at the age where sleeping funny causes long-term injuries. :(

I have now made it through page one! Only five posts to catch up on! I'd say not to get super chatty while I sleep, but I'm lying. I'd love to come back to pages of posts to catch up on. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:52:58 AM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2021, 01:01:30 AM »

If you pretend Justin isn't in NSYNC, they get infinitely better. That is so true. (Although, I do love Trolls; I cannot help it... but I laugh harder than I should at "singing killed my grandma" every time. This is neither here nor there. Let's carry on.)

LMFAO!

I'm glad you had such a great time too! All your interactions sounded awesome. :) What a great way to have some fun after the past year. :) I'm glad you took some time for yourself and had a good day.

I'm clearing my calendar for Backstreet time for the foreseeable future and will crash next time, lol.

Thanks guys.

Also if it's in Vegas you'll be free to crash on my couch lol

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2021, 02:44:51 AM »

I did not do it, lol. But I did write 4,192 words today and finished two out of three chapters (although at least some of that was finishing rewriting half of them to fix pacing, then they went easily for all the new new words). I hit a tired wall about an hour ago and kept refreshing my stats for about twenty minutes, hoping they would magically say I was done... they did not, lol. But I've only got a little less than 2,000 words to go total. I think I can do it tomorrow easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

Wow, over 4,000 words!  That's awesome!  At least you had a productive day.  Hopefully tomorrow's the day you finish!

I know! Every time they're like "We were fine. There was no rivalry," I want to scream a little, lol. It's really the no Justin that sells it. If every other NSYNCer was there, it would be fine. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if BSB has to be in a boyband supergroup, BackSync is preferable to NKOTBSB. However, New Kids on the 98-Town BackSYNC is where I draw the line. lol. Although... Could definitely give BTS a run for their money. ;)

I vote no to another supergroup beyond a one-and-done thing like this, but if they were going to do it, I guess NSYNC are at least more talented than NKOTB?  Ugh, it kills me to admit that, but let's be honest - the only one who is actually a good singer in NKOTB is Joey McIntyre.  It seems like all the NSYNC guys can sing.  But I think if three or four NSYNC members want to tour, they should do it on their own.  People would still go, even without Justin.  And BSB definitely don't need them.

Blueprints are super productive on top of writing! I'm impressed. Also, I want to see them, lol. That's great that you've made it to Chapter 21! Sending you lots of good vibes! I take it the long Nick chapter went well? I'm half caught up, lol.

LOL It is nothing worth taking a picture of, just a badly-drawn diagram.  Yes, I finished my super long Nick chapter a few days ago and actually ended up moving the last scene I had planned into Kevin's chapter and writing it from his POV instead.  The boys are back together now, so that gives me a little bit more flexibility.  I finished 21 tonight, so now I'll be back to Nick's POV tomorrow.

I also made myself cry with my writing tonight, which is a rare thing.  I can write all this super sad stuff and never shed a tear because I have that filter of "This is just fiction; it's fine."  It doesn't usually faze me.  But tonight it was something about Kevin's dad, so the reality of that combined with the fiction of my story totally got to me - full on tears rolling down my face.  So I earned my Weepy Writer badge on Nano! LOL

Anyone else ever make themselves cry while writing?  If so, what kinds of scenes do it to you?

A paranoid hypocondriac constantly fearing being stabbed, killed, or kidnapped... among other things, lol. You should stay far away, Nick, it's better for your health!

Speaking of stabbing Nick, I tossed this line into my writing today because it made me laugh:

Nick pushed toward the staircase, his feet sinking against the ground with each step. Guess I can’t go one fight without getting stabbed…

LOL Yeah, Nick would be like Devon Sawa in Final Destination, thinking Death is out to get him.

I love that line!  Love inside jokes in stories!

I feel like this is good thing to do while drunk, google yourself on the internet. I'm sure Kevin could have afforded mobile on cell phone when it first started being a thing and just browsed the internet on the bus. Not sure that's what he expected to find while googling himself, but... it is what it is when you're a celebrity. I would be pretty surprised if fanfic about me existed, though. Yes! LOL! I would also absolutely pay the most money to see Brian's face. Do we just aggregate tags or put certain stories in order so he can read them as the tags get progressively more graphic? lol.

At least we could hand SAMS to Howie so he doesn't feel left out. Or maybe he would be happy to be left out?

Oh yeah, I could definitely see them googling themselves in the early days of the group/internet.  (They probably used Webcrawler or Altavista or something though, haha.)

I think we should handpick stories to show Brian and put them in increasingly kinky order so we can see the progression in his face.  LOL!

LOL Howie would be very happy to be left out.  SAMS would disturb him for several reasons, the least of which is him having sex with Nick.  That's only a small part of the story.  But it's funny because the main reason I picked him and Nick as my couple in the first place is because of that radio interview they did where he was talking about observing Nick's pubic hair and then got all defensive when they started joking about how there's a gay one in every group.  I was like, "Hm..."  Otherwise I probably would have gone for Frick/Frack.

I guess when I write out of order, that's the same concept as writing a one-shot, but it's generally never enough for an entire scene on its own (since as I've mentioned, it's usually just chunks of dialogue without any actions or clear tags) and definitely belongs to a larger narrative that I'd rather tell in full.

That is angsty, but how did Brian end up in the hospital? What did they do after he woke up? I didn't even read it and I feel like I need more context, lol.

I guess those vivid scenes are how I'm thinking of "Nick is Brian's guardian angel" right now, but it feels like an idea that would be wasted on short one-shots. Not that they wouldn't be awesome, just like you said, I always feel like I have more story. Until my next decade-long hiatus, I suppose, lol. Kidding! (I hope.)

That's a good way to think about it.  

I think it was heart-related, but we don't know exactly, and it doesn't say whether he wakes up or not!  We're just left hanging.  Which is a valid choice as a storyteller, but so frustrating to the reader!  I would never be able to do that, so I guess I admire a writer who can just intentionally leave it vague like that.  I always want to explain everything LOL.

Nick as Brian's guardian angel definitely needs to be a novel!  It could still be a series of scenes that jump around, like Tracy did with History, but I'm gonna need more than just a one-shot.

I would have also loved something more open-ended, like "Chapters" which is actually my goal at the moment. But, I get it. Word count is the easiest way to track the length of a novel (it being "National Novel Writing Month" and all) when you think about what industry standards are. I'm probably about two times too wordy for YA novels, so I have some soul searching to do as I rewrite, lol.

Oh, funny story. I was excitedly telling hubby that I only had a little less than 3,000 words to write before being done with the story during dinner tonight. He knows a little more about it now in general including some spoilers, so he says "It's only 3,000 words? That doesn't sound like a novel. Especially one with [spoilers]." And I was like, "Oh, no. It's probably around 200,000 words total. I have about 3,000 left." "200,000 words? That's a lot. You should take a nap when you're done." lol :)

If I'm going to write an entire short story, I think I'll need your advice on epithets, since you know so many of them, lol. I should probably start with "The one with the frosted tips" in honor of Nick's recent projects, lol.

The wordiness would be a struggle for me if I ever tried to get published, too.  Although the only fanfic I've ever written that I thought could be fairly "easily" OF-ized without completely rewriting it because it's already AU is under 70,000 words.  So maybe there's hope for me in that respect LOL.  I think cutting out words would be the hardest part of editing for publication though.  It's easier to add or change words than cut a significant number of them out.

LOL A 3,000 word novel!  He's right; that sounds way too short.  Even my first fanfic "novels" were at least twice that length LOL.  200,000 words is quite an accomplishment!  You do deserve a nap!

LOL We could start a list, divided by boy.

I think I'm firmly at the age where sleeping funny causes long-term injuries. :(

Yes, you are!  I've reached that age, too.  LOL I slept wrong on Christmas Eve a few years ago and couldn't turn my neck to one side for like two days after.  Last year I was stretching in bed right after waking up and popped my collarbone, and it not only hurt, but was sore for several days afterwards.  Getting old already sucks, and we're only in our thirties!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 02:50:33 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »

Just have to share that today is Day 100 of my current writing streak!  My longest documented streak was 143 consecutive days with AHTIM, which I intentionally broke before my L.A. trip two years ago so I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was on vacation.  My goal is to get to at least 150 days this time, which will take me to August.  After that, we'll see!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2021, 08:38:51 PM »

Just have to share that today is Day 100 of my current writing streak!  My longest documented streak was 143 consecutive days with AHTIM, which I intentionally broke before my L.A. trip two years ago so I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was on vacation.  My goal is to get to at least 150 days this time, which will take me to August.  After that, we'll see!

Oooh go go go!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2021, 09:25:32 PM »

~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2021, 09:46:13 PM »

Yay, Day 100! Congrats!!! You can definitely make it to 150!

I thought about putting off finishing PNecklace until tomorrow so I could say I ended it on a hundred day streak, lol. Too bad I'm a day behind you.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2021, 09:47:57 PM »

Thanks!

Are you done?!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2021, 09:52:54 PM »

This is the longest exhale ever. I'm done.

It only took me 208,579 words (so far, but let's not bring the editing I'll end up doing on the 23 chapters I haven't posted into this yet, lol), but I'm all done! Hooray!  :biggrin: I wasn't sure I'd finish when I started, but I'm really glad I stuck with it, especially after such a long time of not writing much of anything. :)

I'm glad I stopped last night though, because I apparently needed 3,533 words to finish the chapter and not 1,870 like I thought, lol! And while I was on an inspiration kick, I really don't think I could have written 7,725 words yesterday if I tried.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25