Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Writing & Thread (aka The Writing Thread 4)  (Read 93967 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Writing & Thread (aka The Writing Thread 4)
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »

And I have to add that I must have a banana every single morning, no matter what. I’m pretty sure the world will implode if I miss a banana day.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »

Two more days. She’s leaving Saturday. I can make it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2021, 08:53:33 PM »

You're over the hump!  Hang in there!

Do you mean your last finished story (Hope is the Last Thing Ever Lost) or the last one you updated (The Secrets That We Keep)?  Hope is probably my personal favorite of yours, which is saying something because you've written so many good ones!  I actually don't think I read Secrets; you were working on that while I was swamped with classes and not reading much of anything except professional texts, so I can't comment on that one.  Do you think there's any chance of you going back to it?

Have you tried rereading any of your old stories lately?  Maybe that would help you find your writer's voice again.  Even short stories like the one told by the haunted house - that one was so creative!!

Hm, do bananas make you more creative?  Maybe I should eat more of them LOL.  Do you like your bananas ripe or green?  I always buy the greenest bananas I can find because I hate mushy ones.  I prefer all fruit to be on the under-ripe side.

Thank you! Yes, I meant Hope is the Last Thing. I forgot about the Secrets one entirely and no, I most likely will never finish it. I really can’t see myself writing fanfic anymore.

I actually have reread the haunted house story and my one lone pony story hoping that would help. I might reread some of Tim’s monologues too to get my serial killer voice. You know, because everyone needs a serial killer voice.

Hey, if bananas make you more creative I should’ve won a Pulitzer by now! Lol

I like my bananas ripe. I will eat them a little green but ripe is my favorite.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »

Just wanted to update on my disability. I said this on Twitter already, but I have been officially approved for Disability so they are going to start sending me checks in August and have sent me back pay since March of 2020 so…yay! Good news for once. Plus mom is back home! Double yay!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2021, 06:23:19 PM »

I was so happy to see that!!  Thank goodness for the disability checks, but I'm also glad you survived the week with your mom LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »

Yes, I feel like I got paid for putting up with mon for a week lol too bad I can’t get back pay for all of that!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »

LOL!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2021, 03:31:04 PM »

How's writing going for everyone this weekend?

I had my first really productive writing session of the month early this morning (before I went to bed LOL).  I wrote 2,205 words!  It's my first time hitting 4-digits in one sitting all month.  I'm sure it helps that I finally got to the exciting climax of my chapter.  Anyway, I finished Chapter 24 - finally!  It's just shy of 7,000 words.  I also hit 100,000 words in the story earlier this week, which is always a milestone.  Hopefully this means I'm back on track.

I hope things are going well for the rest of you!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2021, 03:46:15 PM »

Writing is going okay. I finished a chapter recently for Take Me Home but I don't know if I'm completely happy with it so I haven't posted it yet. I think I might look at it again tonight and see if I am satisfied. I have another chapter started. I think I'm going to end it on 40 chapters to make it even. I hate odd numbers lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »

It's probably a good idea to hang on to it and at least give it a few rereads before you decide you're ready to post it.  How many more chapters do you have to go?
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2021, 05:30:22 PM »

I am currently writing chapter 38 so it's very close!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2021, 06:19:25 PM »

Yay!!  Did you make a decision on your ending?
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2021, 11:17:15 PM »

Writing is going okay. I finished a chapter recently for Take Me Home but I don't know if I'm completely happy with it so I haven't posted it yet. I think I might look at it again tonight and see if I am satisfied. I have another chapter started. I think I'm going to end it on 40 chapters to make it even. I hate odd numbers lol

I am currently writing chapter 38 so it's very close!

You're so close! I think it's good to hang on to things until you're totally satisfied (or the last possible second to keep it, whatever comes first, lol). Good luck with the end of the story!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2021, 11:19:43 PM »

Just wanted to update on my disability. I said this on Twitter already, but I have been officially approved for Disability so they are going to start sending me checks in August and have sent me back pay since March of 2020 so…yay! Good news for once. Plus mom is back home! Double yay!

Yay! That's awesome that you have back pay too! I'm glad it all went through without a hitch! (Other than the long time waiting, of course.)

I think you should probably celebrate with a good book and a banana, lol.

(I also cannot miss a banana day and life just feels off without them. Like Julie, I buy green because while I prefer ripe, I'd rather the last banana is ripe rather than brown because I can't stand brown bananas unless they're in banana bread.)

Yes, I feel like I got paid for putting up with mom for a week lol too bad I can’t get back pay for all of that!

LMAO!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:31:47 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2021, 11:30:52 PM »

How's writing going for everyone this weekend?

I had my first really productive writing session of the month early this morning (before I went to bed LOL).  I wrote 2,205 words!  It's my first time hitting 4-digits in one sitting all month.  I'm sure it helps that I finally got to the exciting climax of my chapter.  Anyway, I finished Chapter 24 - finally!  It's just shy of 7,000 words.  I also hit 100,000 words in the story earlier this week, which is always a milestone.  Hopefully this means I'm back on track.

I hope things are going well for the rest of you!

Woo! That's awesome that you got over 2000 in one sitting! And 100,000 words in the story! And finished Chapter 24! You're on a roll! Hopefully today is super productive too!

Writing is going okay? I finished a chapter over the weekend, but not from the story I'm supposed to be working on, lol. I was really feeling some PDemon vibes, so I just went with it. I think that might be part of why I'm in my slump. I've been trying to focus on one thing, even if it's not interesting at the moment. And the parts of this one that are interesting are one-liners and not even full scenes. I blame my slump on Brian for his perfectly realistic, but boring life motivations, lol. I think this is a story where it would help motivate me to just post it so someone else could laugh at my jokes, but I am hesitant to send it out without a chapter buffer with the way it's been going. Whereas something like PDemons is really intrinsically motivating for me. I honestly probably feel the same way about Snail, which is so silly because it's a short story that isn't done but has no business being posted in pieces, lol.

So, writing? I guess, lol.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25