Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Everything Backstreet and more  (Read 27928 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Everything Backstreet and more
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 08:20:45 PM »

Right? I feel like one of them would make a rule about that so Kevin and Brian didn't argue relentlessly. I feel like AJ would be the most uncomfortable with the whole thing.

Nick's been doing them without it apparently, so he clearly thinks he has an immune system of steel. Maybe he does at this point. I hope they do too, COVID easily shuts down sports teams and could shut down a residency/tour. I think in general that they're young enough (and probably healthy enough) that they wouldn't die, but who wants to take that risk!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 11:34:07 PM »

I thought for sure to be on the Masked Singer he would’ve had to be vaccinated. Did he say he just got the shot or something? I must have missed that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 12:02:24 AM »

The vaccine wasn't available yet when he was on Masked Singer; they filmed that last August.  He said he just had to get tested like every day.  He posted a picture today of getting the Moderna vaccine - I'm assuming his first shot since he hasn't posted anything about it before, but it could be his second.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 12:03:36 AM »

I'm catching up on the promo the boys did last week for the Christmas residency and had to share the link to the Access Hollywood interview they did all together in person.  If you haven't watched this, do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeeIR_RUns&ab_channel=Access  It makes my heart so happy to see them all together again!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 01:25:37 AM »

They damn well better be by then. Apparently I risked the hybrid of Covid Nick Plague in June but miraculously avoided it!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 09:41:30 PM »

Glad you lived. Mutations are never fun!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2021, 03:52:36 PM »

They not gonna be able to enter in Canada if they not receive the vaccine!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2021, 05:14:16 PM »

All the more reason for them to get it!  Hopefully Howie and Brian have or are planning to and just haven't posted about it.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2021, 05:49:43 PM »

I hope because they gonna need to refund everyone if they don’t do the two show in Quebec

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2021, 06:18:43 PM »

They will give refunds if they have to cancel.  I think they will do whatever it takes to go on with the tour, though.  They wouldn't have rescheduled it twice if they didn't want to.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2021, 07:29:33 PM »

I know, but right now Canada didn’t let people without the vaccine enter in the country

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2021, 11:15:33 PM »

Pretty sure fiscally minded Brian would set aside political beliefs to do his job and keep living his lifestyle (or Leighanne's, whatever, lol). If countries are requiring it for entry, it absolutely seems like a no-brainer for the Boys, especially since live events are the vast majority of what they earn money from these days what with earnings from albums being increasingly minuscule in a digital world and most of any licensing residuals going to people like Max Martin instead of the Boys.

Heck, maybe Kevin kidnapped him and dragged him to a Walgreen's or something while they were all in LA, lol.

Regardless, stay positive! The tour's not for another year anyway! :) (We're keeping positive thoughts over here in Dee land that all is well in a year.)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2021, 03:32:23 AM »

I’m pretty sure by the time the guys get to Canada, they’ll be allowed in. The are slowly opening their borders. The Blue Jays have just left Buffalo to go back home, much to the chagrin of everyone here.

I really think they should just start fining anyone who is having concerts, events etc… if they aren’t vaccinated. I love what the NFL is doing. It’s the only time I will ever use the word love and NFL in the same sentence.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:16 AM »

Canada border not gonna open as the same time because each province has its own bubble right now and Quebec gonna open its border only in september.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 10:42:44 PM »

Agreed on all points!  We still have another year until the tour resumes, so hopefully borders will be open and the Covid outlook will be better by then.  Of course, we said that last summer too.  At least we have vaccines now.  We just need more of the population to take them.

I'm all for having some sort of vaccine passport and restricting travel and attendance at large events for people who are eligible to get the vaccine and refuse to do so.  There should be a medical exemption for people who medically cannot, but that's a small percentage of the population.  We can't force people to get vaccinated, but we can make it really inconvenient for those who choose not to.  Freedom is not without its consequences.
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7