Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Everything Backstreet and more  (Read 25054 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Everything Backstreet and more
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 11:01:16 PM »

I do a little work with vaccine logging and most of the medical exemptions have to do with allergic reactions, I think? But that's all the more reason to get vaccinated if you can, to truly protect the people who can't. That being said, I can understand why some people are hesitant with the COVID vaccines, since they're so new and the disease is so new, but I still think getting a vaccine is way better than getting (or giving someone else) COVID. But vaccines in general? All for them. Like, why are we letting measles make a comeback? I just don't get it. I'm all for this inconveniencin g people. Let's pettily passive agressive them into getting vaccinated, lol.

I think it's good that each province in Canada is being allowed the opportunity to reopen at a rate they're comfortable with. I think as we see more vaccinations, more things will open up.

On a Backstreet note, I caught up on an article from a few days ago and the end was Howie and AJ bantering back and forth; I laughed so hard. Anyone else read this one? https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/the-backstreet-boys-christmas-album-tour-new-music
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 11:27:29 PM »

Yep, having had allergic reactions to vaccines in the past is a perfectly logical reason to be hesitant about getting this one.  I could also understand people being hesitant when the vaccine first came out because it was so new and had been produced so quickly, but now that so many people have been vaccinated with such a small percentage of major side effects, I don't think that's a good excuse anymore.  But it's hard to counteract all the misinformation that's been spread out there, especially when a significant percentage of the population doesn't believe in science or trust mainstream media.  Ignorance is a pandemic that's even more frightening than Covid.

Cute article!  I love their banter and them talking about how BSB was their first marriage.  That's so cute.  Seeing them talk about how much they love each other makes my little fangirl heart happy.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 11:38:31 PM »

Ignorance is a pandemic that's even more frightening than Covid.

YES.

Cute article!  I love their banter and them talking about how BSB was their first marriage.  That's so cute.  Seeing them talk about how much they love each other makes my little fangirl heart happy.

I did like them describing it as a marriage, lol. They're not wrong.

I do love every time they discuss their love for each other. :) It just feels so genuine and delightful. Like hugs from a pile of puppies, lol.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2021, 03:21:07 AM »

I have completely run out of patience when it comes to vaccine hesitancy. I understood at the very beginning because none of us knew what to expect, but now there’s no reason for it! I’m so tired of seeing news stories of jackasses who thought the whole COVID thing was a hoax and just before they’re put on respirators they ask the doctor for a shot. Ugh!!

They don’t get that they’re the reason this virus isn’t going away.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2021, 04:25:35 AM »

That article was cute. Somehow I do see Howie always giving AJ coal. I don't know why.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 09:55:23 PM »

I have completely run out of patience when it comes to vaccine hesitancy. I understood at the very beginning because none of us knew what to expect, but now there’s no reason for it! I’m so tired of seeing news stories of jackasses who thought the whole COVID thing was a hoax and just before they’re put on respirators they ask the doctor for a shot. Ugh!!

Pretty sure they're right that the vaccine won't do anything... if you wait until you're on a respirator to get it, lol.

That article was cute. Somehow I do see Howie always giving AJ coal. I don't know why.

It's because AJ's always been "dis[ing] him like that." lol How dare AJ remind him that he can cook for himself! Coal forever!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2021, 12:22:10 AM »

Just wanted to wish Howie the happiest of birthdays before the day ends! Hope it was lovely!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »

I hope so too!  Happy birthday, Howie!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2021, 09:19:02 PM »

Speaking of birthdays, I'm writing a scene where the guys (well, just Nick, AJ, and Kevin) sing Happy Birthday, and I'm trying to figure out who usually sings the lower part when they sing it in harmony, Kevin or AJ.  I've watched a bunch of videos and can't tell for sure.  Maybe a musician's ears can hear the harmonies better.  Mare?

Here are a few examples:
https://youtu.be/tzaYvIuaz7c
https://youtu.be/iQ6S3cqgMMc
https://youtu.be/OrOBYl_KYc0
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2021, 10:35:43 PM »

Have you see Brian on ET tonight? It’s was a very long time that I didn’t see him smile like that.

I post a new fanfic on archive of our own If you want to read it! My name on it is: shane20

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2021, 10:36:59 AM »

My husband's niece nearly died last week due to covid.  She's not had the vaccine because she didn't want to take the risk due to being pregnant.  She let people stay at her house, one of which had covid and she ended up catching it.  She had to have her baby 7 weeks early and very nearly ended up in an induced coma and on a respirator because her heart and lungs were failing.  Luckily both her and the baby are slowly improving.

So anyone who thinks they won't get it bad because they are young, think again!  She is only 25 and nearly died.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 10:39:09 PM »

How scary!! :(   I'm glad to hear she and the baby are starting to improve.  I hope things continue to go in the right direction.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2021, 05:53:50 PM »

Yikes! That is scary. I’m glad they’re improving.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2021, 01:47:11 AM »

OMG that's terrifying!

So I went to all 4 After Party shows in Vegas and it was in a few ways scary. Cause Delta is real in a way it wasn't in June. But a majority kept their masks on, everyone I was with was vaxxed and masked and we were all smart about it. I tested before and after cause my work friend can't get fully vaccinated (bad allergic reaction to her 1st shot) and I wanted to protect her. I came up clean. I feel pretty good about events if they're done right. Starting October 4th you'll have to have a negative test or vaccination proof to attend any concerts done through LiveNation. So that means all the BSB Christmas shows which is comforting as I have pit for a few of those.

I'd probably not go if my dad was still around, to keep him safe. But as it's just me I don't mind small risks. I saw friends I hadn't seen since 2019 and it did wonders after the year I've had.

I'm all for vaccination passports. Don't want to get vaccinated (barring valid medical reasons of course) well, choices have consequences.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 10:35:36 PM »

That's so scary! I'm glad they're improving!

I'm glad concerts are requiring it. Now I wish more sporting events would too.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7