Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Everything Backstreet and more  (Read 25102 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Everything Backstreet and more
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2021, 05:32:16 AM »

Agreed! All Raiders home games will here but our hockey team isn't and people are angry. Especially cause Vegas is more of a hockey town than a football town.

Dude Nick is back to teasing solo music, saying October and happy birthday to me if he comes through lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2021, 11:48:28 AM »

That would be exciting!  A Nick album in October, a Christmas album in November?!

I support all the mandates.  The Trumpster teachers I work with are furious because, starting next week, they either have to be vaccinated or get tested weekly on their own time in order to continue working.  The more inconvenient it is to be unvaccinated, the more people will cave and get it so they can continue to make money and spend it doing fun things... that, or they'll just move to Texas or Florida and at least make things better in the rest of the country.  I do feel bad for the sane citizens of Texas and Florida though.  It's easy to threaten to move - not as easy to actually uproot yourself and do it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2021, 12:47:30 PM »

It's interesting that Vegas is a hockey town. Didn't the Knights not exist until a couple years ago? I remember we did an alumni event at an Avs/Knights game maybe 2018? (I googled and they formed in 2017, but they've also been like the Avs were back in 1995, so I guess I believe it. This is basically your chance to give me a rundown on the history of Vegas and hockey.) Funny story about the Knights, hubs and I were watching a game and he saw the marching band/showgirls and was really confused why they'd have that at a hockey game, since we only have the ice girls. Obviously, I was like "Um, it's Vegas. I would absolutely expect them to have a marching band/showgirls at their hockey games." lol

I'm stoked. Nick music October, Christmas album November, keep 'em coming, Boys!

Yeah, there's a couple of those at my school too. I think a week or two ago was when they had to have their first shots to meet the "two weeks past" part of the September 30th deadline for employment; weekly testing isn't even an option. And it's sad that "not being able to do stuff" will win out over "protecting the students you work with who are too young to get vaccinated."
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2021, 01:26:00 PM »

I don’t understand how not every single school everywhere aren’t requiring vaccines. It should be a no brainer. Those and all healthcare professionals. There was a mandatory vaccine mandate for all the Bills games but now they’ve changed it to mandatory masks instead. Probably because so many stupid players are refusing to get vaccinated. Stupid people are the worst. All these people who refuse to get a vaccine should have to relocate to either Texas or Florida. Might as well contain the stupid and evil all in one place.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »

And watch in horror as everyone dies and real estate becomes really cheap. Time to get beachfront property!  ;)

I wish it was more of a mix of both. The state's requiring "high risk employees" to get vaccinated (schools, health care, etcetera), but then there's all those people out there that are not working in schools or health care that aren't even required to wear masks, let alone get vaccinated. It's weird and a little infuriating.

My alma mater is doing "masks required inside, encouraged outside" at the stadium and I just don't get it. Thankfully, the section we sit in has always been socially distanced even in a good year, lol.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2021, 03:39:08 PM »

Yes! Thinning the herd!! They really should make vaccines completely mandatory for everyone. Make it hard as possible for all the morons to do anything at all without proof of vaccination.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2021, 03:43:36 PM »

Especially now that the Pfizer vaccine is FDA approved. And then you have all those crazy people that think taking horse medicines is somehow better. That's been weird to read about.

Edited to add: I guess this conversation falls under the "and more" part of this thread, lol.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2021, 04:07:32 PM »

And also the Backstreet Boys need to be protected. There ya go! lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2021, 05:09:25 PM »

LOL! It's like six degrees of Kevin Bacon... How do we bring the "and more" topics back to the Boys?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2021, 06:13:18 PM »

And it's sad that "not being able to do stuff" will win out over "protecting the students you work with who are too young to get vaccinated."

I agree, but these are the same people who think we should "protect" our children by NOT making them wear masks because masks are harmful to their health and education and NOT giving them the vaccine when they're eligible because of the horrible side effects. 🙄  Until we can agree on the same set of basic facts and reputable sources of information, there's no reasoning with these people.

I agree with everything you and Mare said in this thread!  Including protecting the Boys!  Yay Backstreet Boys!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2021, 08:00:59 PM »

I don't think there's reasoning with these people anyway. Most of whom are fully vaccinated to this point.
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2021, 02:16:36 AM »

It's interesting that Vegas is a hockey town. Didn't the Knights not exist until a couple years ago? I remember we did an alumni event at an Avs/Knights game maybe 2018? (I googled and they formed in 2017, but they've also been like the Avs were back in 1995, so I guess I believe it. This is basically your chance to give me a rundown on the history of Vegas and hockey.) Funny story about the Knights, hubs and I were watching a game and he saw the marching band/showgirls and was really confused why they'd have that at a hockey game, since we only have the ice girls. Obviously, I was like "Um, it's Vegas. I would absolutely expect them to have a marching band/showgirls at their hockey games." lol

I'm stoked. Nick music October, Christmas album November, keep 'em coming, Boys!

Yeah, there's a couple of those at my school too. I think a week or two ago was when they had to have their first shots to meet the "two weeks past" part of the September 30th deadline for employment; weekly testing isn't even an option. And it's sad that "not being able to do stuff" will win out over "protecting the students you work with who are too young to get vaccinated."

Nope their first year as a team was 2017. Vegas didn't get to have major league sports as a rule cause of the sports books and gambling so it took ages for that to change. Once the Golden Knights happened it's like a damn broke cause we're getting them left and right. Raiders followed and now there's talk of an NBA team LOL. The Knights though have a special place in most locals' hearts though cause they were the first, they were a new team created for us, and the Vegas Massacre. After the Route 50 shooting the team was some of the first to be line to donate blood and they did tributes to the people who died not to mention helped raise money. People didn't forget that. Then they made it to the Stanley Cup in year one, so even though they didn't win they had a very memorable start.

And of course Vegas is very extra about everything so we go balls to the wall for our hockey team lmao. But yeah some thought we'd be that way about the Raiders but no. The Knights were the first major sport to break through here so hockey it is.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2021, 10:04:41 PM »

Also the Raiders suck. Doesn't matter where they move them, lol.

I think we're Broncos nation more than any of the others, but all the sports have their diehards. Like Nick about the Bucs, but on a state-wide scale, lol. (There, I brought it back to the Boys.)
~*Dee*~

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »

Did you see what Brian say in the last interview?!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »

Nope, what did he say?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7