Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Everything Backstreet and more  (Read 27758 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Everything Backstreet and more
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2021, 08:51:11 PM »

I liked that article, I thought it was cute.

I'd believe that at least one of them would have had skin cancer to some degree. It's very common (the American Academy of Dermatology says 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime and about 9,500 people are diagnosed with it every day. Here's their website with more info.) But the good news is, it's fairly easy to treat as long as it doesn't become melanoma, which it sounds like it didn't. The takeaway here is that Baz Luhrman was right: wear sunscreen.

I also felt called out by Nick's advice: "And maybe drink a little more water." You're right, Nick. Being hydrated is good for all your organs. Hubs couldn't convince me, but maybe this is the kick I needed.

I was a little sad the article did not include photos from shoots they discussed, because the disco ball one was awesome.

Also, why are none of us discussing Howie comparing himself to a grape? I laughed so hard I choked on a carrot. Real talk though, he clearly knows what he's doing -- all the smiling and winking he does and nary a wrinkle!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:47 PM »

Howie is spot on!  He has aged the best of them all; he has only gotten better looking over time.

Good advice from Nick and the other guys as well.  I'm glad Brian has learned to wear sunscreen, albeit the hard way.  I've been saying that for years looking at his selfies!  He is still hot, but his face and skin wouldn't be so weathered-looking if he'd been better about wearing sunscreen.  I'm glad he got the skin cancer removed and am assuming it wasn't anything more serious like melanoma, or he would have made a bigger deal about it.  But yes, Brian, wear sunscreen and moisturizer!

All in all, that was a cute article!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2021, 09:01:48 PM »

You're totally right on both Howie and Brian.

So, everyone, if you're not already wearing sunscreen, using moisturizer, or drinking water, let's start a support group for each other and our skin! Does LaCroix count as water? Asking for a friend.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2021, 09:39:56 PM »

You're in luck, Dee!  This site says sparkling water counts as water, as long as it's not the stuff with lots of sugar. https://www.houstonmethodist.org/blog/articles/2019/oct/can-sparkling-water-replace-regular-water/  Other top Google results say the same thing.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »

Phew! I'm only slightly garbage health-wise! Cheers!

Which Backstreet Boy drinks the most sparkling water?
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2021, 02:35:46 AM »

I hate water 😖 I have to force myself to drink it. I live on seltzer. Love the stuff.

I’m assuming the article was beauty tips. I can’t even get myself motivated to read articles anymore lol 😞 sometimes I hate me.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 03:50:14 AM »

Phew! I'm only slightly garbage health-wise! Cheers!

Which Backstreet Boy drinks the most sparkling water?

My money's on Nick lol
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »

Water's not my favorite either, Mare. But I drank a water bottle and a half today, so... motivated! It was beauty tips. We'll let you know when the article is noteworthy.

You're probably right, Rose. Nick probably drinks it in a fancy wine glass.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2021, 05:39:20 PM »

Good job Dee! I force myself to drink 24 oz of water a day. I know it should be 32 but what can I say? I’m a rebel! 🤷‍♀️

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2021, 09:30:06 PM »

I'm also more on the 25 oz end than the 30-40 oz end. I've recently told myself to drink at least one whole bottle's worth of my Swell water bottle. It seems to be going okay.
~*Dee*~

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2021, 11:21:39 PM »

Had to squeeze in a happy birthday to our dear Kevin! Hope your day was great! (because you read fanfic forums.)
~*Dee*~

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2021, 08:10:56 AM »

Brian is the only one who didn’t post anything for Kevin’s birthday.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2021, 06:05:46 PM »

Brian is weird that way.  He likes to post about stuff that no one cares about (like asking for prayers for his ignorant mother-in-law), but won't post when we want him to (like about the other Boys' birthdays).  I'm sure he did wish Kevin a happy birthday privately though.  His brother made a nice post on Instagram with cute baby pics! https://www.instagram.com/p/CUkmczogb4EUm7VWbzDcdgCKTlqLXTf6dE-gcU0/
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7