Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Major Site Update News  (Read 12518 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Major Site Update News
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 09:42:28 PM »

Thanks for everything you're doing, Ash! I know nothing about code, but I'll always send good vibes your way!

On a side note, I'm loving this little news banner on top. "Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins." I need more hard-hitting news like this, lol!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

elleinad

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 09:19:03 PM »

thank you for your efforts here, is there anything you could use help with? i have no experience in this realm really as far as i know but wanted to ask!

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »

thank you for your efforts here, is there anything you could use help with? i have no experience in this realm really as far as i know but wanted to ask!

Thanks so much for the offer! Alas, not a whole lot that I can "outsource" to others.  The past couple weeks have been busy getting the kids settled into a new school year (and a new apartment in one case).  I keep thinking I'll get more time than I actually do, but hey, that's life in general isn't it? :)

An update, though not a very big one.  A reinstall of the files did NOT resolve the overall issue with the new chapters/stories for the fiction archive.  I have a few more ideas to try and hope to get those done this week. Worst case, I'll just reinstall this forum over on my "temporary" site where the archive is actually working and then move the absolutechaos domain to point at that website. But that'll still take time. Thanks all for your patience while I'm working through this!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 06:47:35 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Sorry the reinstallation didn't work, but I'm glad to hear you have other ideas to try.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 03:40:42 PM »

Sorry no update on this lately--I managed to get my IP address banned from accessing my site *facepalm* for a lengthy period (likely due to a huge amount of traffic as I was causing by installing/uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, etc. D'oh!!) And my server host was not exactly helpful in getting that resolved. So, now I've finally got access back.  I strongly suspect that I will be moving this forum to the server that already has the archive working rather than continuing to fuss with this server that doesn't seem to like efiction software...and which the hosting support is lacking. 

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 08:58:34 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Glad you got your access back.  What a headache!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 10:07:32 PM »

Thank you for the update and for your hard work, Ash! That does sound like a headache. Glad you're well at least!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2022, 06:06:59 PM »

Any updates on how the site work is going?  I'm still holding out hope that we may be able to post stories again here someday.
~Julie

corrdylin

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 02:59:04 PM »

i hope we can post soon im working on 2 different stories

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 10:24:14 PM »

I hope so too, but it's been a long time since we've heard any updates on the site situation.  In the meantime, I've just been posting on AO3.
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2]