Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Chat room or discussion group?  (Read 13910 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Chat room or discussion group?
« on: December 23, 2006, 02:58:48 PM »

Hey! Love the site and the new discussion boards. I was just thinking, I don't know if its something people would be intrested in or even use,  but there are quite a few of us that seem to be here so much it might be fun to have group chats every now and then or like a fanfic discussion group. I belong to this book group where we all pick a book to read that month and then meet and talk about it. We could do the same thing. Feature a fan fic every month and then set a day and time to discuss it with each other and/or talk to the author. Something like that might be fun... I dunno...

I'm definately no web master so I have no idea ilf thats something thats even possible, I was just throwing the idea out there.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Chat room or discussion group?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »

Hey! Love the site and the new discussion boards. I was just thinking, I don't know if its something people would be intrested in or even use,  but there are quite a few of us that seem to be here so much it might be fun to have group chats every now and then or like a fanfic discussion group. I belong to this book group where we all pick a book to read that month and then meet and talk about it. We could do the same thing. Feature a fan fic every month and then set a day and time to discuss it with each other and/or talk to the author. Something like that might be fun... I dunno...

I'm definately no web master so I have no idea ilf thats something thats even possible, I was just throwing the idea out there.

Hi Honey!

Those are both very good ideas. The chat room idea works in the chat thread kind of. It's not as good as if you are Iming each other but still a way to get a conversation going.

You can start a random come chat with me thread or have a romance chat night or a suspense chat night or maybe Supernatural something like that.

The book of the month club is something I used to do in a groupd called Fanfic Fun. Every month we took a fanfic and discussed it.

I plan on starting something like that up again here. Not only will we be opening a thread up for the featured story of the month starting in January, where we can disucss the story, but I'll be doing a FFF (fanfic fun) related thread as well. Picking a story and having everyone dicuss it by chapter. Assigning what chapters to read etc...

I won't always use just a AC story though.

then maybe after i'm done with the first one someone can pick another one etc...

Both of your ideas will be utitlized soon ;)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 03:13:53 PM »

Well you're just on top of things here aren't ya! Great job with everyhting by the way. I know how much work something like this is (very time consuming) and you guys do a wonderful job!  I'll be looking forward to everything! Enjoy the holiday!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:22:13 AM »

Their ideas are catching up with ours Mare lol The holidays have to end so we can get to work on our evil plots :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 10:14:28 PM »

Evil, huh? :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 07:36:48 PM »

Evil, huh? :D

Uuuh, I mean, completely tame, like a fluffy bunny, kinds of plots
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:56:38 PM »

Shoot, I liked the evil ones. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »

Is that chatroom idea still a possibility? 'Cause if so, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland