Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

which boards do you enjoy visiting the most?

General Discussion
- 9 (32.1%)
Author Inquisition
- 8 (28.6%)
Chatterbox
- 3 (10.7%)
Fic Talk
- 2 (7.1%)
Featured Story of the month
- 4 (14.3%)
I challenge you
- 2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: new boards?  (Read 16774 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
new boards?
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »

I was just curious as to what boards and threads you enjoy going into most. I know for me personally I tend to mark some boards as read because they don't interest me while others I always hope something new has been posted. Some of the boards barely get used at all.

Also does anyone have any ideas for new boards?

I have two thoughts but not sure if anyone would be interested in them.

One would be used for character developement. I might call it something like role play even though it's not but it would be a place to work out things in character. Maybe have a dear diary section where you can actually post entries as a character from one of your stories.

More of those surveys and 'an interview with' type things just to help us all out with writing.

Another one is kind of something Julie has on hers which is a confessional type board where you can go in and rant and talk about anything that might be bothering you.

Where would you stand on either of those? Any other ideas or suggestions? While i'm in a creative mood but not quite creative enough to write lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: new boards?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »

Personally I would love a character development board. I know those ideas like th surveys have so helped and diary entries would be fun. I actually used your survey idea Mare and made one for 00Carter as a way for us to get back into character for the story.

I like the general discussion and author inquisition, its good to talk about the "tricks" of the trade. Story of the month gives me ideas for something new to read lol so I visit those most.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »

My favorites are the general discussion, author inquisition, and fic talk.  I like the fanfic-related stuff because that's what makes this board different from other forums.  It's nice to talk to other authors who write in the same fandom as you.  I love writing tips, all of those surveys, and other things designed to hone writing skills (except the actual "write a short story" challenges - I don't really get into those LOL; that's just me).

I think a character development board would be really cool.  I've got some character surveys I've seen places that I could contribute.

The Confessional thing on my board came as a suggestion from one of my posters, and I think it's a nice idea.  People could also put that stuff in the Chatterbox though, so it doesn't matter either way.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »

My favorites are the general discussion, author inquisition, and fic talk.  I like the fanfic-related stuff because that's what makes this board different from other forums.  It's nice to talk to other authors who write in the same fandom as you.  I love writing tips, all of those surveys, and other things designed to hone writing skills (except the actual "write a short story" challenges - I don't really get into those LOL; that's just me).

I think a character development board would be really cool.  I've got some character surveys I've seen places that I could contribute.

The Confessional thing on my board came as a suggestion from one of my posters, and I think it's a nice idea.  People could also put that stuff in the Chatterbox though, so it doesn't matter either way.

It is what makes this place different and thats why I like it too. I love being able to talk writing with others. We've tried to do it at your mb but yours is more readers than writers. Which is also cool cause I like getting the reader's view too. But this place is for the writers and it makes it special.  ;D :D

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »

It is what makes this place different and thats why I like it too. I love being able to talk writing with others. We've tried to do it at your mb but yours is more readers than writers. Which is also cool cause I like getting the reader's view too. But this place is for the writers and it makes it special.  ;D :D

Yeah, exactly!  I have tried to start threads about writing over on mine, but it's pretty much just you, me, Mare, Veronica, and maybe a few others.  It's good for talking about Bsb and stories, but not so much the writing aspect, at least right now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 06:23:34 PM »

Yup I LOVE the author inquisition board I always get excited when I see a little red dot next to that one lol

It's a lot of fun to discuss writing and fanfic stuff. I think we've all helped each other out a lot!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »

lmao until you just said that Mare, I never noticed the dots by each of the boards. LOL I see them now but before I never saw em.

I'm so weird lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 07:05:29 PM »

^ lmao you learn something new everyday! Those dots tell you when there's a new post :)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »

Like everyone else said I prefer General Discussion and Author Inquistion. I find that usually a visit to this board can help stir up a lil creativity, so like for instance I'm planning to start writing any minute now, but before I pull open Word I'm going to peruse the forum to get me into "writer mode."

I really enjoy talking about writing and I'm relieved that many other writers have the same problems as I do and I think we're a very nice group and there really isn't much fighting like on other forums (go us!) I'd love to have a character developmemt board because those surveys and interviews REALLY helped me out a lot. I must thank Rose because after doing that Nick interview before writing yesterday I thnk I wrote a kick ass section of my next chapter cuz I understood him like never before. So, yea... I AM all for more of that stuff!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »

Like everyone else said I prefer General Discussion and Author Inquistion. I find that usually a visit to this board can help stir up a lil creativity, so like for instance I'm planning to start writing any minute now, but before I pull open Word I'm going to peruse the forum to get me into "writer mode."

I really enjoy talking about writing and I'm relieved that many other writers have the same problems as I do and I think we're a very nice group and there really isn't much fighting like on other forums (go us!) I'd love to have a character developmemt board because those surveys and interviews REALLY helped me out a lot. I must thank Rose because after doing that Nick interview before writing yesterday I thnk I wrote a kick ass section of my next chapter cuz I understood him like never before. So, yea... I AM all for more of that stuff!

We're an awesome group. Yay! lol. And you're welcome....eve n though I just wanted to see thoughts cause I love knowing more about characters in fics I read. I'm so glad it helped though!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »

I think i'm going to go ahead and create that new board lol I need to come up with a clever name for it though

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »

I voted Author Inquisition, Feature of the month and the challenge boards, but I also love the general discussion. That would have been my next pick. I love talking fanfic! Especially with other authors and this board has helped me out on a number of occasions as well as inspiring me when I'm stuck. *squishy group hug for all of you* But I do like the challenges because it forces me to mix it up a little bit and I love how interesting it is to see everyone's different takes on the same challenge. Good stuff!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the character development board! I was actually looking for another reason to be completely addicted to this site. lol.

The other one would be cool too, but I agree that it would all basically fall in the chatterbox category so I don't know if it's really necessary. Though if it were more specific like that, people might use it more.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 09:25:50 PM »

I posted it and named it after my favorite show of all time lmao

:D

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

I love you guys! :-* It's so nice having authors to talk with as opposed to other places where they flat out tell you that they don't care about homonyms... Gah!

You guys are the best ever ever ever! *hug abounding*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey