Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Author Inquisition board  (Read 3810 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Author Inquisition board
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

I noticed that a lot of us are asking the same question to all of the authors who had a thread on the inquisition board (which is cool; I just did it too LOL).  I think it actually might be more interesting to ask the same general question to more than one author and get more than one answer back so you can see how different authors do things.  But I thought, instead of every author who wants to answer questions having their own thread for questions, maybe posters could be encouraged to start a new thread for each question, and all authors who want to participate could be encouraged to post answers in that thread, the way nicksgal did with the question about getting readers.  And if someone did want to ask a question to just one certain author, they could just start a thread and title it something like "Question for Mare."  It wouldn't change the function of the board at all, just the organization of it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Author Inquisition board
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 05:51:49 PM »

I second the motion! Nicksgal's post was a LOT easier to follow than trying to read everyone's different threads and getting all the answers all mixed up and such. Awesome idea. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »

that's a great idea! I feel repsonsible for that lol I just felt like psoting in everyone's threads to get everyone talking and it seemed to work.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »

Very good thinking! I like it!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »

that's a great idea! I feel repsonsible for that lol I just felt like psoting in everyone's threads to get everyone talking and it seemed to work.

Oh yeah, that's cool with me; I like that you started that trend.  I haven't read everyone's stories, so I wouldn't know what to ask some of them, so general questions to everyone are good LOL.  That way, no one gets left out.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:15:21 PM »

*pipes up* It was actually a post about why we feel our stories don't get read.

It's true general questions may be easier that way, I agree with that, and my purpose in copying Mare's original efforts to get people talking was to continue the trend of talking. :) I do also think though, that it is easier to ask a question in a thread that was already started. :) But yeah, maybe if it's a general question, it could have it's own thread from now on.... That makes sense to me. :)

*whispers* the only reason I gave that one it's own thread was because my internet was mocking me for the number of windows I had open and I didn't want to redo the copy/paste job so many times. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey