Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: new idea for reviewing  (Read 26982 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: new idea for reviewing
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »

LOL I had a moment of confusion, cause I thought you meant there was a new board with a different take on this.  Then I realized you just meant it already existed LOL.

I do have an idea for sort of a different take on the feedback board though... I've noticed it doesn't get much of a response, and I think it's because it can be a pretty big time commitment to go read a story just for the sole purpose of critiquing it.  If you enjoy the story and get into it, then it's not a big deal, but if not, it's kind of a chore, which could be why more people (me, at least LOL) don't really do it.

What might be a quicker option, in addition to what we already have, would be a "First Impressions" thread, where you could post your story and ask for critiques based solely on first impressions.  When other people go to look at your story, what do they notice?  What do they think?  Is it a story they'd read past the first chapter?  If not, why not?  I feel like that kind of a thread would get more replies and would at least give authors some feedback on how they can make some changes to attract more readers... and hopefully those readers would provide feedback on the rest. :)  Just a thought.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »

That's a good idea. I don't think it would need it's own board but it might be a great thread or stickied thread for the shameless plug board maybe. I'll go do that right now lol

Good thinking Julie *hands you a cookie*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 07:30:25 PM »

Thanks LOL.  I like cookies! :D  Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking - not a whole separate board, but just a thread somewhere.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

I actually posted it in the garage lol that made the most sense. Duh me!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 07:35:28 PM »

Makes sense to me too! LOL
~Julie

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »

I've been reading like crazy for the past months, actually it was almost all I was doing when I had free time. Recently I read "The Magus" by John Fowles, which I strongly recommend if you like psychology and analyzing of human behaviors. It's perfect.

Currently I'm reading Paul Auster's Oracle Night, which is about an author going through a writer's block after surviving from a deadly illness. It's wonderful and very inspiring.
It's a weird world don't you know it?
It's a weird world and it won't slow down
It's a weird world no matter how you roll it

http://unmistakableinaweirdworld.blogspot.com www.facebook.c om/gosdie
www.twitter.co m/jellicle1904

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2020, 02:59:50 PM »

Even though I never got around to writing that story, I still feel hunk two of them paired up would be great for the Amazing Race. If not two of them together then I think Kevin and Kristin would be excellent in that show.
Pages: 1 [2]