Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly  (Read 26908 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Okay i'm really trying to pace myself here but while I have the time I thought i'd read chapter two. First of all I just automatically get the warm and fuzzies whenever Kevin's thoughts come into play. Especially about Nick. It was so great seeing how the events of that day unfolded as told from his eyes. And OMG after reading how they found Nick how could anyone possibly say he wasn't murdered? That was disturbing! lol

I loved this:

“Dude, I am so totally dead! I almost had you honestly believing I was still alive! Even after a year without any practice, I’ve totally still got it!”

lmao that's so Nick.

Okay next Oprah question :)

Did you already know who killed him and how this was all goign to play out before you started or does it kind of happen as you write it? Have you changed your mind at all as this story has been going on?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Did you already know who killed him and how this was all goign to play out before you started or does it kind of happen as you write it? Have you changed your mind at all as this story has been going on?

I did already know who killed him, the details of how he died, and how everyone fits into place. The only thing I didn't have planned out was the names. In my outline whenever the murderer is described it says "guy" which I guess gives away that it was a guy, but that's not a very significant spoiler :P

PS - I'm 800 words into my homework, Mare :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:05:38 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Good girl!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

chapter three part one:

lol yes since you only have 12 done and i'm tyring to pace myself I only read the first hald of chapter three. I have to say you set a great comedic tone at the start of this one. I love Nick's personality in this, still the same old Nick except for him being dead.

I love how confused he is by just showing up randomly on the beach and is searching for answers from his best friend.

LMAO at the barking dog as well.

just wanted to pop in and say all that. I'll try to be back with some Oprah type questions soon :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

I'm sitting at work writing on chapter 13 when I should be doing... ya know.. work lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ lol yay!! I won't tell your boss, I promise. ;)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

You're in luck because he is on Thanksgiving vacation until Wednesday! lol
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

yay to you updating and just in case you mised it, I gave you another due date of October 15th :) lol

okay now reading part two of chapter 3...

I love hos the second half starts with Nick reading all about his own death and the fact that Brian kept all the articles. You can tell how tormented Brian really is by the death of his friend and lmao I SO knew that Ghostbusters was going to be there!

Aww I can only imagine what the fans would do if something like this happened. The way they try to butt into all things BSB single related I thnink you hit the nail on the head with the fact that they would have the police going in ten thousand different directions.

Great job! I love how original this storyline is so far! I can't wait to see what happens with AJ. I have a feeling it's going to be funny.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Yay, I just read chapter 2 and again thoroughly enjoyed myself. I left you a review and think I wil just wait to talk about this one until I'm caught up because I wouldn't want to spoil it for everyone. Just know that even though I'm only 2 chapters in, I'm really enjoying htis one and you all might want to give it a chance if you haven't already. Awesome job so far Julilly! I knew there was a reason I have been meaning to check out your fics.   ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

ok, so I know I said I was going to wait until I finished before I talked about this story again, but I can't because I'm totally falling in love with it and now feel the need to gossip about it with you and Mare and anybody else who may be reading along!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Julilly's sense of humor! Just read chapter three and I have to tell you, I love Nick's attitude about the whole being dead thing. He's so carefree and sort of naive about it all. It's sort of a big deal and he's just having fun making jokes and messing with Brian. And LMAO at Brian getting a kick out of the dog barking at him!

I like that you've chosen to keep Nick's character lighthearted because the story's subject matter has the potential to be all doom and gloom but I think this story will be so much better for not going that route. Hopefully it will keep if from getting too depressing.

OH! And seriously awesome use of dialog in this story as well! Don't want to forget to mention that. I love me some good dialog. (if only I could write me some good dialog, I'd be set.  ;))
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

oh yeah, and that crack about Nick touching Brian? SOOOOOO funny! And SOOOOO Nick!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Honey, thank you so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I have kind of a dry sense of humour and quite often people don't really get it so I'm always worried about mimicking that in my fics, but I guess it worked out alright lol

It does get a little bit more serious, but I try to go back to it being light as much as possible. The next chapter you will read (4) is a little darker.
~Maple Jellybean~

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment

Okay I finally checked this story out and I'm impressed! I love it! And I have a question for ya Julilly. (Don't know if this was already asked) How'd you come up witht the name of the story?
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Okay I finally checked this story out and I'm impressed! I love it! And I have a question for ya Julilly. (Don't know if this was already asked) How'd you come up witht the name of the story?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for the title the question was part of Mare's initial questionnare but I certainly don't mind retelling!! :)

It's part of a quote from Hamlet. "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." What it's saying is that sometimes although he may seem crazy, he isn't, and that's how I went into this thinking of Brian. If he told anyone what was going on they would all think he was crazy even though he was telling the truth.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

My thoughts on chapter 4 part one lol

First of all, what another clever idea you had with the library of memories. You have quite the creative mind! And I love your descriptions in the first part of this chapter. I wish there really was a place to put all your bad memories. Hide them away from the world. Wouldn't that be awesome? And I was able to see the bright light when Flora opened the door.

I agree with Kelly, your portayal of a fun loving Nick is a welcome sight in what could be a very dark story but at the same time, I really think you did need a chapter like this one to describe his anguish at being dead.

Great job! And you do rock at dialogue!

:)

How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9